Name games that don't work with Multi-GPU

The numbers dont look right either. I tested GTA 5 at 3440x1440 and saw negative results in the benchmark with SLI on (only a few points but it was still something). At best in all of the games I was playing I was seeing about a 10% increase. At worst, negative point. On average, no difference in all except for power draw. Mix all this in with the inherent headaches that come with SLI and it just not worth it in my opinion. Maybe if I was running 4k or 8k.

I returned my 2nd GTX 1080 this morning and will be perfectly happy until Nvidia 20 comes out.. and I get a single card then too.

Same conclusion I reached. A single 1080 is more than enough at 1440p for me now, and no sense throwing money away for performance that's very often not there.

GTA 5 is a bad example to call sli bad on. GTA V gets a 60% to 70% fps gain with sli at 2560x1440 or 4k. Search titan pascal sli benchmarks or 1080 sli benchmarks since more sites have those results.

If you aren't getting at least 100fps-hz average you aren't getting anything out of the high hz capability of a high hz monitor. A single 1080ti pr titan pascal on a 2560 x 1440 can get 100fps-avg or even 120's or 130's on some games though some over the top settings often have to get turned off (hairworks, higher physx settings, etc). Simpler games like overwatch get even higher averages. That's an average though so it's a frame rate band of rates. 3440 x 1440 144hz on dp 1.4 and 3840 x 2160 4k 144hz on dp 1.4 is due out by the end of the year.

Last edited:
If your performance were a car it would be more like...
It goes the speed of other cars on 20% of the roads, but on the other 80% of the roads it goes 25% to 90% faster.
Included in that 80% is the majority of the most popular games of the last three years.

I'd throw that whole babel review and chart out. It's obviously biased. Just look up 1080sli and titan pascal sli review sites and you will get very different results.
That Babel site refused to run direct x 11 mode on many of those games which require it for sli scaling support, and they also refused to do simple known sli enabling workarounds/profiles on others... and also seemed to have missed some sli enabling patches on others. It seems very biased considering this. Google the titan pascal sli and gtx 1080sli benchmark sites to get a more fair look.

Convince me not to SLi 1080 Ti (thread)

How good is SLI support in newer games?(thread)

I'd throw that whole review out. It's obviously biased.

There is a difference between whether SLI performance is worthwhile and viable,
and whether a particular person's parameters make sli a good choice for them.

To name a few considerations.. budget, existing rig, upgrade path, monitor resolution, demand high hz gameplay/aesthetics?
ok with dialing down settings (how much?) - to get high fps and hz (100+ avg) on a high rez, high hz monitor?, favorite types of games and titles, also game library/backlog.

Back