Naked boxen pics

So if I understand you guys correctly, all your boxes fit in one room? Don't tell my wife.

While I could technically fit all my boxen into one room, it doesn't work out well that way. As it is with summer coming I have to move many more boxen around to other rooms that don't get nearly as warm. I can't afford to run the a/c all the time as my apartment has a really old and inefficient unit as well as practically no insulation. :(

I currently have seven boxen in my living room but at least four of them will be moved to the bedrooms later on since they stay much cooler. When it cools off most of them will probably be moved back into the living room so I don't have to run the furnace much.

 
I currently have eight machines running 24/7 in my living room.... and believe it or not, my wife has no problem with it:)

 
Seems your wife is frigid ?? :p


Umph.... easy there...she's a member here, doesn't read/post in the DC forum much, but she has;)

And she isn't frigid, not yet anyhow.... just supportive.... and I'm pretty grateful for that.

 
don't worry, just goofing around :)

Glad she is really supportive ;)


 
I know:)

No worries man....

Anyhow, I hoping to have her machine folding here soon, I think I have the stability issues we've been fighting with solved.... we'll see soon enough!

 
I currently have eight machines running 24/7 in my living room.... and believe it or not, my wife has no problem with it:)


8 in one room. Amazing. Now that is supportive! The rest of us have to hide them down in the basement (but that is ok since it is nice and cool down there).

 
When I first looked at your pix, Crazy, the fan looked like a spool my old
reel-to-reel tape recorder! I thought, "Wow, Larry's folding on a tape recorder!" :cool:

 
I currently have eight machines running 24/7 in my living room.... and believe it or not, my wife has no problem with it:)

Hehe, I have 3 and my wife is starting to look at me weird when I say I hope the quads continue to dip in price. :D

However, I have competed in car audio comps for the last 4 years, which usually entails $1000's of dollars in equipment, lots of build time, and travel across the country all summer long.

So, she is happy to see me "slow down" this year. :p

 
I currently have eight machines running 24/7 in my living room.... and believe it or not, my wife has no problem with it:)


Damn, I need a woman like that! :D

Mine just complains non-stop about the "mess" in the basement.

Also, where are the pics??? ;)

BTW Here's a pic of my folding lappy with its fancy cooling system :D

lappy.jpg
 
When I first looked at your pix, Crazy, the fan looked like a spool my old
reel-to-reel tape recorder! I thought, "Wow, Larry's folding on a tape recorder!" :cool:


Yeah, I've got my Atari 400 with tape drive slowly folding away...only takes 1.8 years per WU :p:D
 
Here are some more naked boxen pics:
snip...

Seeing your naked boxen inside the cardboard boxen reminds me of a question. I remember seeing posts about pizza boxes used to hold naked motherboards. Is this still a good idea? I'm asking in reference to the heat produced by the hot stuff on the MB--- and the heat penetrating to the cardboard box and causing it to flame.

I have a some nekkid boxen on a wooden shelf, and the wood gets very warm to the touch from most all parts... the CPU, the North Bridge, and the hard drives. Any danger here?
 
Seeing your naked boxen inside the cardboard boxen reminds me of a question. I remember seeing posts about pizza boxes used to hold naked motherboards. Is this still a good idea? I'm asking in reference to the heat produced by the hot stuff on the MB--- and the heat penetrating to the cardboard box and causing it to flame.

I have a some nekkid boxen on a wooden shelf, and the wood gets very warm to the touch from most all parts... the CPU, the North Bridge, and the hard drives. Any danger here?

paper does not burn unless it is 400+ deg.

 
Seeing your naked boxen inside the cardboard boxen reminds me of a question. I remember seeing posts about pizza boxes used to hold naked motherboards. Is this still a good idea? I'm asking in reference to the heat produced by the hot stuff on the MB--- and the heat penetrating to the cardboard box and causing it to flame.

I have a some nekkid boxen on a wooden shelf, and the wood gets very warm to the touch from most all parts... the CPU, the North Bridge, and the hard drives. Any danger here?

I had thought about using flat notebook coolers to put underneath the motherboard
 
I think I will put my future "D" or "Towel" plans on hold and buy some of you EvilAlchemist desks ....

 
Get an air compressor :D

Here's one at ace hardware for $60! linky
i was hoping 20 to 40 bucks. i'll have to hope for a sale ;)

right now i'll have a Q6600 to help with points, and my 6000+ since no one wanted to buy it. i may get that dell Q6600 tower deal for $422 + shipping to use as another box. can't beat that price. with a new psu and 9600gt it can double as a portable game box :D
 
Back
Top