My thoughts on the Antec Lanboy Air

I'm glad that someone else stepped up and got this case.
Thankfully these are samples, so we didn't have to pay for our cases. I would never spend $200 on something like this. I could see the case being worthwhile at around $100 for people who really want the customization features, but there are just too many far superior choices at the higher price point.

yea, i have to admit, that after the long wait, i was expecting something better. also, if i were to drop a deuce on a new case, it would be a lian li or maybe an rv2 or rv3. but since i didnt have to drop a deuce, i am going to put my primary machine (with a couple updates) into it this weekend.

This is a very interesting case! Love the concept of it, don't like the actual looks of it. I really hope that Antec comes out with replacement panels or something to really make the case look better :)

i cant believe they didnt make it easy to switch the mobo to inverted. i mean i could see from your pictures that they have everything right there, except for a hole or two that i couldnt tell if they had included or not. apparently they didnt. it would have been so simple and made the customizability (new word) of the case just so much better. i love the case, the ideas antec has come up with a so new and creative. i just wish they would have worked harder on using these amazing ideas to their full potential. hopefully a rev b or c will get some more of that stuff right and also lower the cost.
Yeah the concepts behind the case is great. The execution is a tad off. With that said, how many of our favorite cases did was gotten right the first time? I mean the Antec P180, while a decent case, did have a host of problems/issues. But the releases of the P182 and P183 cases fixed most of those problems/issues and is still one of the better quiet computing cases out there.

So yeah I'm thinking the same as you that there will be revisions of the case in the future. It's an interesting concept and I would hate to see it die. There are lot of nice things about this case.
I'm glad that someone else stepped up and got this case. Because I would never have gotten it.

Yeah, as Zero82z noted, these are review samples that the three of us got. Though unlike Zero82z, I could see this case being a good buy around $120. Yes a difference of $20 but still worth it IMO.

Yeah the concepts behind the case is great. The execution is a tad off. With that said, how many of our favorite cases did was gotten right the first time? I mean the Antec P180, while a decent case, did have a host of problems/issues. But the releases of the P182 and P183 cases fixed most of those problems/issues and is still one of the better quiet computing cases out there.

So yeah I'm thinking the same as you that there will be revisions of the case in the future. It's an interesting concept and I would hate to see it die. There are lot of nice things about this case.

Yeah, as Zero82z noted, these are review samples that the three of us got. Though unlike Zero82z, I could see this case being a good buy around $120. Yes a difference of $20 but still worth it IMO.

you are exactly right. how much do you hear about the rv01 or the ft01?

you are exactly right. how much do you hear about the rv01 or the ft01?

Yup. Yeah Antec may take a loss on these LBAs but the widescale feedback should help them make a better version of that case.

I just wish they had asked for feedback before actually going into production. Would have saved everyone a lot of trouble.

well maybe we should suggest that they do that little thing. i think they might be up for some free r&d.

Back