My "Thoughts" on Prey Demo

FlyinBrian

Gawd
So, when I saw the demo for Prey was out I thought to myself ooo yet another shooter for the pc who would of guessed. But after installing and starting the mission I was immediately drawn in.

The graphics were really good on my 7800gt also. I loved how everything was able to be interacted with, even the arcade machines in which you could play the games if you went up to them.

The sound track was also very good. In the bar after knocking out the two drunks and the place started shaking I was like ahhhhh W T F looked out the window and saw a beam of light sucking up a car or something and I was like this is cool. But what impressed me more than anything was how they made you have to be ready at all angles for monsters because of the different gravity fields or whatever. And the boxes that had entire rooms inside them made you think "how did they do that".

Im not an expert on reviews by any means but the bottom line is after it was over I actually was glad to see the pre order now button. :D

So feel free to let me know what the rest of you guys thought about the demo.

im gonna get a 6pack on the way home from work, and give it a whirl.. good to hear something positive about it.

I honestly don't know how you can be a fan of FPS's and not think this game (demo) ruled.

I played video poker for about 2hrs, my credit score was up to 36million....
:)

This is the BEST demo I have played in my 22 years of gaming, hands down.

The best part during the alien invasion at the bar was when the jukebox automatically changed the song to Blue Oyster Cult - Don't fear the reaper. I paused the game, leaned back, gleamed at my monitor, scratch my chin and said aloud, "Well I'll be.... fucking awesome!"

This game is just so much fun. Portals, wall walking, living weapons and the atmophere are top notch. I cannot express my gratitude to 3DRealms for taking the time to polish this demo and make it was it is.

The only problem I had was actually getting the game to start. I had to update my nForce2 chipset drivers to resolve the problem (but I'm just a lazy sack of shit who should have have done that months ago).

v6maro said:

Kinda brought me back to the the Days of WingCommander. Video games within video games...

theNoid said:
This is the BEST demo I have played in my 22 years of gaming, hands down.

The best part during the alien invasion at the bar was when the jukebox automatically changed the song to Blue Oyster Cult - Don't fear the reaper. I paused the game, leaned back, gleamed at my monitor, scratch my chin and said aloud, "Well I'll be.... fucking awesome!").
Hahahahaha - Damn that was funny. I didn't even notice that. I'm gonna have to play that part again tonight.

The game is just fricking awesome. I for one think the graphics are some of th ebest I've seen.

Just can't wait to get home and play this again.

dude i don't see what everonye else sees. I love the graphics but I just feel the weapons lack big time.

Ron1jed said:
dude i don't see what everonye else sees. I love the graphics but I just feel the weapons lack big time.

Dude it was a demo, and its not all about weapons.

I thought it rocked, I was on the fence about this game, but I'm going to pre-order it tomorrow. I may just play through the demo again tonight.

Specs in sig, I'm on all high settings @ 1024x768 and have no frame issues. Much <3 for the dated Doom 3 engine.

3DRealms has warmed my heart with this demo ;)

That demo was the most fun I've had with a computer game in a long time. I sat in my chair in awe of how well the demo played out. The spirit form definitely adds a unique twist to the gameplay. I like how you can actually still interact with everything even when in spirit form. I don't care that this game took that long to get this far, it was worth the wait in my book. Try the demo if you haven't, its fucking amazing.

KillerMonkey said:
It runs very well on my 3000+, 2gb ram, 6800GT.
Just try it, it's definately worth it!

And it runs really well at 12x10 (I think) on my p4 @ 3.2, 512 ram, and 6800gt. This game does have the honor of being the only game/benchmark i've ever seen that didn't like my vid card overclock. At 420/1.1 i got artifacting or something... at 410/1.1, all is well. Maybe cuz of like... shaders or something like that? I'm must stress something nothing else really has before. I dunno

runs great on 1280x102 2xAA 16xAF everything maxed just fine.. 40-50 fps average.. great demo

Glad to see I wasnt the only one who was impressed, they put a lot of effort into the detail of this game minor things that all add up to very realistic and fun gaming experience. Id even say this game is the next Half life 2 if word gets around.

v6maro said:

Heh, that got me into the game just to play poker and blackjack. I didnt fair too well, slots on the other hand was a great time waster.

What an awesome demo. Cant wait for the final release.

I read somewhere on the Prey forums that if you finished the demo, the retail release will let you pick up where the demo stopped. Cool feature, huh? At least I thought it was.

That would be amazing. I really don't want to play through those levels again. It was awesome, but I don't want to watch the spike machine kill people again.

I can't believe it actually has Logitech G-15 support built in, that rocks. It's about time for a game to use the G-15 LCD.

The game looks like it is gonna be great.

Back