My tentative new setup

Joined
Aug 9, 2005
Messages
15
I'm finally upgrading my computer, and these were the parts I was thinking about getting:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ Brisbane
XFX GeForce 7600GT XXX
1gb G.SKILL DDR2 800
Asus M2N-E mobo
Seagate Barracuda SATA 320GB hdd
Apevia ATX-CW500WP4 ATX 500W psu

does anyone have any changes/recommendations to this set up?

Thanks
 
according to ur purpose there are 2 comments ...~ if u are a totally gamer ..~this Spec is not good adequate ~ ~RAM & Videocard etc .~ if u just wanna a PC to work or run the game that not expect high quality ~ ~thats a good spec~
 
Oh another question: What will you be using this system for? Gaming? Web browsing? CAD? Media?
 
Thanks for the replies.

I'd like to keep it under $700 if possible. It'll be mainly for gaming. I know that won't get me a screaming fast set up, but I figure I should be able to handle most games. The 7600gt is mainly just to hold me over for a while until the dx10 cards are affordable.
 
If you'll be overclocking, either get a C2D or the 3600+ X2 Brisbane...they generally overclock to around 2.8 anyway, so there's really no difference. Newegg has a deal with a Brisbane 3600+ X2 OEM with a good OCing mobo for $150 free shipping, might want to check that out. That plus the XClio PSU, the regular 7600GT will allow you to get two gigs of memory.
 
@The Goose
I don't plan on OCing but it's not something I'll rule out in the future

@Danny Bui
It's not really a budget so much as a "guideline." It's not concrete, I'm just trying to keep it around that price range.

And the memory is this one

I actually kind of already ordered the PSU like a week ago haha but if it's that bad I'll exchange it. What exactly is crappy about Apevia ones?
 
Poor construction, bad capicitators, just generally bad for a system. I had an Apevia (They called themselves Aspire back then) power supply that died after a few months and took out my system with it.

So definitely return it.

Anyway for $700 you can definitely get a Core 2 Duo system;

Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 - $163
BIOSTAR TForce965PT Socket T (LGA 775) Intel P965 Express - $105
G.SKILL F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ 2 x 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 800 RAM - $170
eVGA 256-P2-N615-TX GeForce 7600GT 256MB PCI-Express - $110
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB 7200RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s - $90
XCLIO GOODPOWER 500W ATX 500W Power Supply - $52
------
Total: $690 Plus Tax and Shipping
 
Back
Top