My SR-2 should arrive today

I have what sounds like the same memory kit as Vaulter, but I'm not able to run its rated timings at 1600MHz with my CPU at 4.2GHz. You'll probably have to sacrifice either CPU speed or RAM timings.
 
I wonder if my memory timings are messed up.... I have no clue how to set them properly.

I'm running OCZ Gold 1600 cas 8

/shrug

2t-8-8-8-24-59-8-4-4-4-16 i have the same memory looked in my bios. Im not sure what your bios looks like if you need the letters that go along with the numbers let me know. I have had this running for a few minutes @ 2000mhz 2t-10-10-10-30-88-4-4-4-16 just wasnt 100% stable and i didnt want to up the memory voltage to 1.7
 
Last edited:
So far I'm stable at 1550mhz at 8-8-8-20 at 1T amazingly enough. I'm not sure how that's possible, I haven't run 1T in years iirc.
 
Same here but 24, that's at over 1600, it's odd, that's on auto, when I set my timings I crash
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
2t-8-8-8-24-59-8-4-4-4-16 i have the same memory looked in my bios. Im not sure what your bios looks like if you need the letters that go along with the numbers let me know. I have had this running for a few minutes @ 2000mhz 2t-10-10-10-30-88-4-4-4-16 just wasnt 100% stable and i didnt want to up the memory voltage to 1.7

Yeh need the letters, my bios:

sr2bios.jpg


I though I had it stable but it just dumped a -bigadv at 93%......

I'm fairly sure it's the memory, but I never learned how to tweek memory settings.
 
tcl-8, tras-24, trp-8, trcd-8, twr-12, trfc-good, twtr-6, trrd-6, trtp-6, traw-24, command rate-2, back to back case delay-good. the last 3 settings i dont see. let me know how this goes? the setting you have are probably the 1333 settings as thats close to what mine defaults too. the settings on the side of the memory are tcl-8,trp-8,trcd-8,tras-24,command rate-2t, shown on the side of the memory as 8-8-8-24-2t
 
Last edited:
I'm going to play around with this this weekend. Since I will (for the first time in a month) be home the whole weekend.

After that I'm gone again.... but to the beach :cool: How cool is it my mother in law made sure the beach house has wifi :p
 
Just to make sure. the timmings i posted are for 1600mhz. and make sure your Qpi is at the lowest number.
 
Well, I set the memory settings. It shows up as 600Mhz in the EVGA utility.

I've got it running at 3.8Ghz (200x19) and I have a few frames in. Seems to be stable... I hope. 41+k ppd on a P6051

I had a feelign it was the memory setting holding me back. I need to learn what all that stuff means so I can solve my own problems in the future.
 
good job. what vcore are you running?

do you have updated kill a watt numbers?
 
good job. what vcore are you running?

do you have updated kill a watt numbers?

Well, it's pulling ~480 watts

The Vcore is 1.375 set in bios (if I remember correctly) But the EVGA monitor program shows 1.270
 
at 1200 ddr you can change those 8-8-8- to 7s the tras 24 to 20and 2t to 1t
 
at 1200 ddr you can change those 8-8-8- to 7s the tras 24 to 20and 2t to 1t

It's working..... I'd rather let is be....

Also, I plan to try and hit 4GHz so some extra head room is nice.
 
Finally up and running. so far so good at 4ghz (21 x 191) . here's something interesting and unexpected:
My TRUE is getting its butt kicked by the hyper 212. could be because I have 4 random fans on the heat sinks :) but interesting nonetheless
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
update on this:

Currently at 21x200 (4.2ghz), RAM at 1600mhz 8-8-8-20 1T

Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 core temps core temps: around 72, 73, 75, 76 as I type
Cooler Master Hyper 212+: 56, 62, 65, 67 as I type (not sure whats up with the big delta)
 
Last edited:
I upped my memory (can't leave well enough alone) and it shaved another few seconds of the TPF.

Now I'm running at 1600 speed and 19X200.

I tried 210, but wasn't stable. I think I'd have to up the voltage again... and I'm about as high as I want to take it.
 
We want fram times ppd. stop teasing! when going over 200 bus there are other voltages you have to up. like vtt, pll
 
We want fram times ppd. stop teasing! when going over 200 bus there are other voltages you have to up. like vtt, pll

I'm 94% done with a P6052, 1:35 TPF or 46616 ppd. It's pulling a bit over 490 watts.

:cool:
 
OK there is Vcore and Vtt. What is pll?

Also what are "safe" ranges for all of these?
 
OK there is Vcore and Vtt. What is pll?

Also what are "safe" ranges for all of these?
I wish I knew. I woke up to a rebooted windows due to bluescreen two nights in a row now. Once at 21x200 and last night at 21x191.

What BCLK are you runnig right now? Did you see Shamino's OC guide on evga forums?
 
I wish I knew. I woke up to a rebooted windows due to bluescreen two nights in a row now. Once at 21x200 and last night at 21x191.

What BCLK are you runnig right now? Did you see Shamino's OC guide on evga forums?

I'm running 195, I backed if off from 200 and dropped the memory to the lowest setting (1200 or so now). My -bigadv last night crashed. I'm back to regular units till I can run for 24 hours with no crashes.
 
I'm running 195, I backed if off from 200 and dropped the memory to the lowest setting (1200 or so now). My -bigadv last night crashed. I'm back to regular units till I can run for 24 hours with no crashes.
My SR2 hasn't run a single bigadv even though I've always had the flag engaged....w/e

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=268280

That thread got me up and going at 200. I think I needed a bit more vcore (or vtt, or pll?) to get it stable though. I just have to get a better handle on those values.
 
I'm running 195, I backed if off from 200 and dropped the memory to the lowest setting (1200 or so now). My -bigadv last night crashed. I'm back to regular units till I can run for 24 hours with no crashes.


are you still running 1T command or did you back it down to 2T? have you tried increasing the NB voltage at all?
 
Back
Top