My Rocksmith Rig!

Ok i think i found some framing for a old/new stock CORSAIR Hydro Series. I decided that if i have to open this box one more time ill get a 32GB ssd.
I have already put enough money into this truck that ill never get back. i might as will go a few more hundered.
The two long pieces goto installing copper pipe in a home.
2013-01-12085218_zps75cd2320.jpg

This is what happeneds when you buy something and dont open it up for months. Very late to send it back. First model of the Corsair H70. i got egged by newegg :(
2013-01-13174308_zps44e3ed92.jpg

Last edited:
Would 4 fans make a old H70 not suck? We are going to find out. Nice Sunbeam Molex to six 3pin fan power supplys. This has Blue LEDs but im trying to use what ever i have on hand or i would of gone red if i had to order one.
2013-01-13213735_zpsef7ee275.jpg

Ready to go in.
2013-01-14091914_zpse57da7c0.jpg

Working on the grill. This was a one piece. After cutting it in half it's ready for some primer.
2013-01-14133824.jpg

2013-01-14133812.jpg

Got it all in. Nice and tight 3 legged frame holding it in.
2013-01-15130658.jpg

Move power for the fans to the top. Realize i need a fan controller. Moving on without it.
2013-01-15130724.jpg

Little over a inch of space at the fans exaust.
2013-01-15130858.jpg

Building a seal so all the air comes from outside of case.
2013-01-15132614.jpg

2013-01-15172707.jpg

2013-01-15172803.jpg

Ready for for more paint.
2013-01-15175450.jpg

I'm waiting on paint to dry, so i found a shorter dvi cable and figure its a good time to test the fans .
Now i was at 57c on stock then 55 on the cooler master. Now im at 41c at idle stock speed. Now i feel better about oc.
i cant get back up to 3.6 for some reason. So im just going to back it down to just above stock. These only oc to 3.7 stable anyways. 44c oc to 3.5.
2013-01-16120039.jpg

Another one of my home made dust filters. Two layers thick with a stiching around it so i can wash it if need be.
2013-01-17222050.jpg

2013-01-17224447.jpg

2013-01-17224614.jpg

Last edited:
I had the fan error thats common with this cooler. starting off with the stock cooler plugged into the 3 pin,no error. Cooler master plugged into the 4 pin, no error. H70 one fan and the cpu block with a y connector , fan error. decided to remove y and place both on the molex to 3pin . i still get the error , and same temps.

I'm seeing better temps on others post. saying they got down to 36c at idle but im wondering how true that is.i guess i could open a window and stick it outside in the 15F. That would do it but still it wont oc better then 3.7 from what i have seen.

I didnt notice anywhere i could turn off the fan error msg in bios. I could use a lil help on that. mobo is a Asus M4A88-T deluxe with bios 0501. I guess i could flash the bios to a newer set.

I had the same issue with my old P5B Deluxe, when I had a molex powering the fan, not the cpu socket. There was an option in the bios, somewhere weird I remember, to turn it off.

Don't you think you might be going abit overboard with the fans...

Just sayin.

lol yeah i had to go "overboard" on something. The case isnt really cool enough by it's self.

There isnt much power going on inside.No room for case fans. No strobe lights or disco balls, Nothing really fancy. Lots of old stock and a few new items. Nothing was cnc'ed. No nice Sleeving. Alot of dremeling and glue. I even had a 3rd world drill going. Drill bit in pliers!

But what was really nice was doing something with all the unused items i ordered for other builds and never used.
Thanks for looking anyways. Rock on !

Add'ed one more power supply With a Molex connection to power the speaker lights. Now the CPU and the Amp can be moved apart and the lights will work.
2013-01-18133615.jpg

2013-01-18121304.jpg

Looking for a red Marshall lead 12 now to make a new one with new parts that way when my kid is old enough to give him this one i wont miss it :)
myavatar1.gif

Just picked up a new item! I got a DEAN VMNTX Autographed from Dave Mustain! it should look good hanging on the side with my DIME DEAN. Guess ill ebay the Alvarez since i hate it so much.

That is pretty bad ass! I have to ask though, how do you like Rocksmith? I can't play guitar, but it's something I would really love to learn. Do you think this can help a beginner learn to play?

Im getting to a point that im just not good enough for the harder songs but there are games inside to help with problem area's like scale runner for learning scales and a few chord games.

just like any game you have to play it daily to get anywhere.

Im getting to a point that im just not good enough for the harder songs but there are games inside to help with problem area's like scale runner for learning scales and a few chord games.

just like any game you have to play it daily to get anywhere.

Cool!

I figured as much. I really got into Rock Band and Guitar hero and played them a lot and got respectably good. But I just want more. I already have a guitar, I guess I just need to pick up a copy of Rocksmith. Once again man, awesome work!

wow that's a little overkill in the badass department. Especially for someone who is just starting out on the guitar.

I too am not very good but I finally got 100% on Muse: Plug in baby. I was stuck at 98% for weeks and I had no clue where I was missing notes as I can't watch the screen and play at the same time.....which makes this game particularly hard for me.

Songs I like I can usually master however if I don't like the song, which is true for about 90% of them, then I can't force myself to learn it.

I have had a guitar since i was 16 although i never learned a whole song. i could do alot of riffs and chords of parts of songs. Im 41 now and learn my first whole song with the game. granted i never took the time to learn before having to work a tuff job. Would be to tired at the end of the day and the game has made it atleast fun again.

I have been playing for 5 years.....you could never tell if you herd me play you'd think maybe a year a most.

I'm utterly talent less. But have fun anyways.

I have started on my 2nd one but I don't think im going to build another mini itx case with this build.

DSCF0812_zps95cbdf37.jpg

I found a red head and 2 white cabs to refurb but have not found a 3rd cab for a new ITX case. Running low on funds anyways so maybe in a year ill start on a new case if ever.
Here is a side by side comparison of what my amp/ITX combo looks like next to a standard amp of same type.
DSCF0815_zps267e6135.jpg

the 12w's of power has not damaged or distorted the screen or any other part so far. All is great!

Back