My proposed setup... comments please!

Argh! I have 2 leaks now. :(

First Leak: The top (outlet) barb is leaking around the threads, probably going to epoxy both barbs on it permanently for peace of mind. Right now it is NOT leaking, I tightened it up with some pliers (it wasn't so tight before).

Second Leak: The removable piece on the inlet of the pump leaks around the o-ring. This is one I don't want to epoxy if I don't have to, but I need some solution to keep it from leaking. Any ideas?

As a side note, the way everything is setup ATM it will eventually bleed off all the air. I had to unplug it once

My A64 3500+
amd64.gif

Size Comparison: Heatercore vs Top of case
top_n_core.gif

Top of case installed (not re-rivetted yet)
top.gif

Geforce 6800 GT Core (With funky blotch on it):
vid_card01.gif

Some pics of hardware installed, however nothing is permanently affixed as I just put'em together for fitment purposes, also, no thermal paste yet..

Top View, Video Card:
vid_card02.gif

Side View, Video Card:
vid_card03.gif

TDX Installed:
tdx01.gif

That's all for now. Going to get some Epoxy from the local walmart.

BTW, if a mod wanders in here, could you add a 56k warning to the thread title? I'd rather they know beforehand what they're getting into. :)

If it'snot too much trouble, could you get a pic of the front of the case with the drivebay covers / front bezel off? That would help A LOT with my project (pc-6077, just got my heatercore today!)

Sure can, when the heatercore goes in the case I'll take a pic for ya.

Currently the whole system is in the tub, gotta turn it off and epoxy up those 2 leaks. After that cures, I'll be putting the system in the comp.

Hey, what are you doing for a shroud? I might take some pics of the one I fabbed up tonight (kinda crappy, so I'm gonna have a sheet-metal guy make one up for me from my plans).

It only has a 1/2" plenum depth, but with the 38mm tall panaflows, thats all I could spare and still only take up two drive bays.

Good job so far though!

I'm thinking for a shroud I can use the way the case is made to my advantage. I just need to seal off the powersupply end and the air will (mostly) be forced to come through the rad. I have some weatherstripping I am going to place between heatercore and case to help keep air from going around the edges of heatercore.

Hope you understand that, I'm not sure I do reading it. If not, I can make a gimpy photoshop drawing to explain better. :)

Oh BTW, update on system: Air is bled and system is in the sink w/ the pump all plumber's gooped up. Tomorrow night I get to run a quick hour or so leak check, install the system and start leak check IN case. Let's hope all is well!

Dont worry about the photoshop drawing, I get what your saying, besicly making the whole top ino the "shroud" which gives you a huge plenum.... damn you.... lucky.

Cmon, live on the wild side, do a 10min leak test like I did the last time... whats the fun without risk? ;) (BTW, I had to do it, I had a major vid project that needed to be done and I ordered my li-li too late after i sold the old case)

LOL. It took about 10 minutes for the system to show it's first little leak, and about another 30 for the second little leak. By little leaks I mean a few drops here and there. They should all be fixed now (thank you plumber's goop!) so all that is left really is to install and run this SoB. I just want to be safe since I just went through upgrading from an xp-m 2500/geforce4 ti 4200 to a64 3500/geforce 6800gt. Lots of nice new stuff I don't want to fry.

Some not good news...

In the process of putting in the system, some water leaked onto the CPU. Turns out the hose clamp wasn't tightened enough, so that problem is fixed, and as much water as I could soak up with a paper towel (there were only a few drops leaked out anyways) is cleaned up. The watercooling system is chugging away w/ system disconnected from power. How long should I wait before powering on the system after the small leak on the board?

Also, the radiator will not fit the way I planned without going to more flexible hose (which i had already come to terms with requiring, so which hose is the *BEST* with emphasis on flexibility? Tygon 3603 or Clearflex 60 or perhaps something else?

Tuesday I will put in an order for most likely Tygon unless the Clearflex would be the better choice. Then I get to drain/refill/rebleed system all over again, JOY! But, with the new hose comes more trust that the system will not fail on me. :)

I am looking at mcmaster.com and now wondering what wall size for the Clearflex/Tygon?

They have 1/16 wall clearflex with 2 1/2" bend radius and 1/8 wall w/ 3" bend radius. 1/16" wall Tygon has 2 7/8" radius whereas 1/8" tygon has 1 1/2" radius (Expensive though!). Seems the 1/16 Clearflex may work best for me, but is it something I would want to use in the computer? I'm thinking it wouldn't be strong enough, and not sure the 1/8 would be flexible enough.

So I guess my question is is anyone using 1/16" wall Clearflex?

I'm using 1/8" in mine.. but I dont think you NEED that thick of tubing, it's just more kink resistant (or at least I thought it was, maybee a typo on mcMaster?)

how about going pump-> CPU -> GPU-> rad -> pump
With some sort of fill line somewhere

Maybee that will help your problems?

That's possible, but I can't really reconfigure the system with as little hose as I have left. I experimented with a few things and have ~1ft left. I'm thinking of picking up like 10' of the 1/8 wall stuff and possibly looking into a new routing for the system to make it work out. I have pics that I will be uploading of the 'current' state of things... heh.

The new pics, to include the current state:

How she presently sits, plus a wireless card in the bottom PCI slot:
current_state.gif

Rails for Heatercore support:
rails01.gif

Reg. Lian Li Drivebay covers still usable:
rails02.gif

Space between rails and 120s that the heatercore will be in:
rails03.gif

Side view of the rails, hardly visible:
rails04.gif

Back