My OS is just too messed up to deal with. (HELP)

shoney

Limp Gawd
Well I was trying to update my Creative drivers so I booted in safe mode and ran Driver Cleaner Pro to remove my Creative drivers. Then i rebooted and installed the new ones. Now none of my other creative things work, like volume control EAX console that kind of stuff. So i boot in the original disc and putt that stuff back on. still nothing works and there is a shit load of stupid errors when windows is loging in. I think I'm gonna have to just redo everything.

I want my computer to be like the day I got it. Nothing on the HD, a clean slate.
Whats the best way of doing this? format my HD? how do I format my HD? I just want to reinstall everything.
I don't care how long this takes. I just need someone to like tell me whats the best way of doing this.

Contact info:
AIM: shoneyboy123
MSN: shoneyboy123[at]hotmail[dot]com
\/ SORRY \/

Please don't use implied swearing like F***ed in thread titles.

shoney said:
sorry dude.

I'm probably not gonna get any help now huh?

Actually, Lethal is a dudette and you won't ask for pics if you're smart. We're just waiting to see what's going to happen to the last guy that did. :D :eek:

Anyway, if there is nothing on the drive you want to save or you have everything backed up, just pop in the WinXP CD and boot from it. At the beginning of the installation it should ask you if you want to repair the OS. At this point, say no. Then it will ask you to format the disk and install Windows. Do that option. This will erase everything on the disk and install a fresh copy of XP.

At this point you will have to re-install all patches, updates, software, drivers, etc.

I will warn you one last time, though. Make sure you have everthing you want to save backed up securely. Also make sure you have drivers for all your hardware ready, especially LAN drivers if you are on broadband or modem drivers if you are on dial-up. This way, you will be able to install that stuff if Windows doesn't have the drivers for it and you can get everything else.

It's actually an easy process once you have everything you need to save backed up. And my instructions for the installation are not exact by any means. It's just an approximation of what you are going to see when you boot from the XP CD.

I have nothing I need to backup. I have all my music on their original CDs, i have my BF2 disc and my steam will just get reloaded. I also have all the drivers on disks. Thanks for the help.

Back