My new chip WOO HOO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrplMshrm

n00b
I wasn't sure it was gonna work in my MB, but it seems to work OK. (Asus P5B-E) :D I'm not sure I want to OC it though. (And before you ask WTF DID YOU GET AN EXTREME AND NOT OC IT!!!1111ONE!! We get chips once a year for free from work...) I think I would want a newer MB for OC'ing.

qx9750.jpg

Uhh.. Congratulations???

C'mon, what's wrong with a little bragging now and then? LOL Usually the chips are nothing special, mainly midrange stuff. But these were GREAT. Yes, I work for Intel, D1D specifically. I remember the first free chip I got, the P3 coppermine 833MHz. I thought it was the BOMB at the time...
Weird thing is, there is no retail QX9750. Maybe that's why we got 'em...

C'mon, what's wrong with a little bragging now and then? LOL Usually the chips are nothing special, mainly midrange stuff. But these were GREAT. Yes, I work for Intel, D1D specifically. I remember the first free chip I got, the P3 coppermine 833MHz. I thought it was the BOMB at the time...

Hey I ain't a hater, but when you first posted, you didn't have the CPUz shot up and I didn't even know what chip you got. So hence:

Uhh... Congratulatons???

Yeah I put the wrong photobucket link in and it took me a minute to figure it out. I thought you posted after I fixed it.

Disable C1E, put it on 9.5 multiplier, and unleash the full potential of that beast.

Its still a nice chip regardless, plus they get one once a year, so maybe by next year he will get an i7.

So, whats it going to take for you to get me on there? :D I could use a new chip every year to!

Nice on getting the chip man, now go and see how far you can OC that X9750.

Oregon Campus?

What do you do for Intel, if you don't mind me asking?

Oregon Campus?

What do you do for Intel, if you don't mind me asking?

it's obvious he's the official chipper tester. Or a bad thief who breaks into multibillion dollar facilities to steal one thing. Jeez next question! :p

So, what are the best Motherboards and Cooling Solutions for these processors???

I'm another employee of "Teh Evil Empire"...LOL!!! And I'm in need of an upgrade and may opt to get a Q9750 instead of waiting for the i7s.

It looks like the P45 and ICH10R support the most memory and the P5Q3 series might be the best option.

No, my "work" didn't give me that.... My "work" gives me headaches......

But, my employer gives me all kinds of cool things, one being a new processor once a year.

the 6x multi is from speedstep. the chip underclocks itself to save power when idle

aren't 9750's the lga771 skulltrail chips? or am i thinking of some other chip...

Yeah, no shit. The chip normally undervolts while at the lowest multi in speedstep. His chip is showing 1.32 at a 6x multi. You don't see something wrong with that? I hope that it's cpu-z.

Also your thinking of the QX9770 or 9775, I forget.

OP could you download coretemp? It will show you what your VID is. Something is off.

Last edited:
Hi, I have to give away a Pentium 1 (200MHz) for free, but you have to collect it though.

If that were mine it would go straight to the For Sale forum and I'd put a 9550 in and pocket the difference. Way to go man, nice chip.

OP could you download coretemp? It will show you what your VID is. Something is off.

Ill try to remember to do that when I get home.

If that were mine it would go straight to the For Sale forum and I'd put a 9550 in and pocket the difference. Way to go man, nice chip.

I could get fired for that. They actually record the serial numbers...

No, my "work" didn't give me that.... My "work" gives me headaches......

But, my employer gives me all kinds of cool things, one being a new processor once a year.

it's their way of saying they're dropping employee benefits, and cutting salaries :)

Just kidding, nice score!

I work at a giant Datacenter, and because of customer agreements and security, EVERthing gets destroyed :( ... everything.

Here's a coretemp screenie. Still doesn't get the model right, but the voltage is lower. Also this is a QX9750. It was a model that was NOT released to retail.
coretemp.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a coretemp screenie. Still doesn't get the model right, but the voltage is lower. Also this is a QX9750. It was a model that was NOT released to retail.
coretemp.jpg

Not yet, I've heard roumors. You my friend have a golden chip. I think cpu-z just wasn't reading your chip correctly on the vcore. Have some fun with that thing. Nice low VID, too.

I have to ask is that an ES chip?

Last edited:
Uhmmm, maximus ? ...

itworriesmehowdumbyoua8xgh.jpg

PS: What does an AMD fanboi do in the Intel section I wonder ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back