Thought I'd post my proposed system that I'll be building over the next few months or so.
Currently im running an i7 920 @ 4ghz
rampage 2 extreme
6gb ocz tri
gtx 280
in a lian li v600.
I'm at uni doing game dev, and need the power, simple as. A good workhorse pc.
Wanting to go small for ages, came form a v1000 watercooled, to a v350 watercooled, then a v600 on air. (can you see a theme here? I adore the v-series drilled hole look..) Saw the announcement of the q08 and decided to sell up!
I have on order:
DFI itx p55
4gb of gskill eco (ideally I'd like 8gig, and 4 will be pushing it. but that can come when prices aren't 200quid a stick)
i7 860
2x 64gb kingston v+ SSD's (for the lulz)
sammy f1 1tb
gtx 280, I will upgrade at some point
corsair 620 modular
And I'll be buying the q08 when its avail.
Now, for a cpu cooler I'm stuck. Needs to be low height but handle a quad, and fit the dfi.
Looked over a few with various people saying something else is better, which has landed me with this:
Thermalright AXP-140 RT
But i cant find a 1156 socket bracket anywhere in the UK?
What else can you suggest
Some thoughts on the lian li pc q08 for this build:
I only have one big hard drive (i'll velco the ssd's somewhere). Oh, and a slimline slot loading dvd rw drive, so I'm thinking of putting them both in the drive bay, and seeing if I can strip both the hdd cages out to make some more room/airflow. Posibility of watercooling it then but, that'll be better judged when reviews etc come out
Just looking for peoples opinions etc, looking forward to getting it all and posting pics
Currently im running an i7 920 @ 4ghz
rampage 2 extreme
6gb ocz tri
gtx 280
in a lian li v600.
I'm at uni doing game dev, and need the power, simple as. A good workhorse pc.
Wanting to go small for ages, came form a v1000 watercooled, to a v350 watercooled, then a v600 on air. (can you see a theme here? I adore the v-series drilled hole look..) Saw the announcement of the q08 and decided to sell up!
I have on order:
DFI itx p55
4gb of gskill eco (ideally I'd like 8gig, and 4 will be pushing it. but that can come when prices aren't 200quid a stick)
i7 860
2x 64gb kingston v+ SSD's (for the lulz)
sammy f1 1tb
gtx 280, I will upgrade at some point
corsair 620 modular
And I'll be buying the q08 when its avail.
Now, for a cpu cooler I'm stuck. Needs to be low height but handle a quad, and fit the dfi.
Looked over a few with various people saying something else is better, which has landed me with this:
Thermalright AXP-140 RT
But i cant find a 1156 socket bracket anywhere in the UK?
What else can you suggest
Some thoughts on the lian li pc q08 for this build:
I only have one big hard drive (i'll velco the ssd's somewhere). Oh, and a slimline slot loading dvd rw drive, so I'm thinking of putting them both in the drive bay, and seeing if I can strip both the hdd cages out to make some more room/airflow. Posibility of watercooling it then but, that'll be better judged when reviews etc come out
Just looking for peoples opinions etc, looking forward to getting it all and posting pics