My H70 install log.

gpitpitan

Limp Gawd
EDIT: Initial test results i7 930 @ stock voltage/clocks.
Testing done using prime 95 for 30minutes @ large FFT. Temps taken using Real Temp & Core Temp.
Ambient room temp @ 79F (25c)
Fans: Hi mode || 40c idle, 62c full load. (push/pull INTO case w/1 fan mounted external)
Low mode || 42 idle, 65 full load. (push/pull INTO case w/1 fan mounted external)

Final OC data (HT Off)
OC.jpg

I dont have any previous experience with the H50, so this is all new to me.

Fit and finish are excellent, i expect nothing less from corsair. The one quirk i did notice was the h50 labeled paperwork that came packaged with it. Threw me for a loop but I double checked everything and sure enough it's an H70. I suppose they had surplus paperwork laying around from the h50 series.

Install was fairly straightforward, and working in combination with the 800d has been nothing but pleasurable.
Removed the existing rear 140mm fan...and then install one of the 120's on the outside of the case.
It wouldve fit OK all setup as one unit inside the case but it wouldve pushed the whole unit just over to where one of the 120mm fans would be hovering a bit over the CPU. I did this mainly for aesthetics and space because ill be watercooling my 480 SLI setup later this month. EDIT: Corsair unit is setup to pull air into the case.

Im about halfway done with the install so I'll be posting up final images later.

DSC_2748-1.jpg

DSC_2749-1.jpg

DSC_2742-1.jpg

DSC_2743-2.jpg

DSC_2745-1.jpg

Last edited:
Finished! After installing all the fans it was time to connect each one to an included Y connector and from there into the CPU fan header.. The power cable from the CPU unit goes into any fan connector on the mobo.
DSC_2750-1.jpg

DSC_2790-1.jpg

DSC_2791-1.jpg

Ran the cables through the latch hookup area for the rear CPU access for even less cabling seen in front! Latch closes easily even with the cables running through.
DSC_2793-2.jpg

There you have it. Extremely easy setup of the cooler, just as one would expect from a kit like this. Now to finish the rest of the build!

DSC_2780-3.jpg

DSC_2773-2.jpg

DSC_2784-1.jpg

DSC_2768-1.jpg

Last edited:
You have a serious build brewing. I would like to see your temps on the H70 and pics of your rig when you are done.

Nice. That was the setup I was looking to do if I got the H50 awhile ago.

Curious as to how much the rear fan holes will affect performance, if any.

You have the block/pump plugged into a fan header that gets a constant 12v, correct?

I'd get a grill on that back fan. ;)

Congrats on a nice looking setup. :cool:

I would NOT put a grill ont the back fan... the current grill that the fan is sitting on is going to seriously hurt airflow as it is.

Definition of grill : airflow restrictor.

Or if you have fancy grills: gold plated airflow restrictor.

You have the block/pump plugged into a fan header that gets a constant 12v, correct?

Well, the manual specifically states "Connect pump power connector to any avail 3-pin fan header" so i put it the PWR_FAN header on my Extreme III. Theres an OPT_FAN port thats right next to the cables, so i may try that as well to see if theres a difference.

I would NOT put a grill ont the back fan... the current grill that the fan is sitting on is going to seriously hurt airflow as it is.

Definition of grill : airflow restrictor.

Or if you have fancy grills: gold plated airflow restrictor.

ill test with and without grills. And ill also test several install setups with one big unit inside the case or pulling air inside to outside.

I doubt putting a standard fan grill on that fan will make one iota of measurable difference.

Sweating the micro stuff there.

I would try this set-up in a push-pull with the air directed OUT of the case to the back.
You already have that fancy 800D with mega air flow.

If you have a cheap-ass wire grill for the outside fan it won't restrict anything except your cat's tail from getting stuck in the fan blades.;)

Neat PSU by the way.....I really want one if I ever decide to re-do my main computer.....but my daughter's college is taking all my money these days.:eek:

I would try this set-up in a push-pull with the air directed OUT of the case to the back.
You already have that fancy 800D with mega air flow.

If you have a cheap-ass wire grill for the outside fan it won't restrict anything except your cat's tail from getting stuck in the fan blades.;)

Neat PSU by the way.....I really want one if I ever decide to re-do my main computer.....but my daughter's college is taking all my money these days.:eek:

I kept the grill on, may spray paint it black to match better with everything.

Heres the numbers with air flowing OUT of the case in push pull:

41/42c idle and at max load on prime 95 it was 65c. (hi mode)

I kept the grill on, may spray paint it black to match better with everything.

Heres the numbers with air flowing OUT of the case in push pull:

41/42c idle and at max load on prime 95 it was 65c. (hi mode)

out = good!:D

Back