My good or bad luck...Dell 3007 Advice?

mutant

Limp Gawd
Ok so I bought a Dell 30" 5 months ago. Got problem with it coming out of sleep mode so Dell sent me a replacement (refurbished with the promise of a brand new one if there were any more problems).
Sucker developed dead pixels + made funny noises that seemed to come from screen expanding and contracting...etc etc.

So I just received a brand new replacement and it's the all new Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" :D As a graphic artist that makes me really happy... 92% color Gamut etc etc :)

Now the box in some areas seems to be damaged unlike the previous 30" Dells I had received. The top was sealed by UPS tape instead of the normal transparent Dell tape.The Styrofoam inside was in it's correct place but broken in parts. The actual screen seems 100% intact physically and was sealed in the plastic bag. I phoned Dell and they made a note on their system and give me the choice of instant replacement or continue using it as they will 100% replace it with another brand new HC version anytime I felt like replacing it
What should I do? I guess I will keep it as everything seems fine. I have 5 year warranty anyway + combined with the note she made I am 100% safe.

Btw here are the photos of the damaged box. I guess I am paranoid :rolleyes: :confused:

3.jpg

1.jpg

Note the styrofoam was all broken but still in correct position. I placed it on the screen to show the type of breakage.

2.jpg

EDIT- Oh forgot to mention. UPS can F-OFF!!!!! :D

this is why they make styrofoam ;)

if it works.. it works.. use it.. if it starts developing problems... send it back...

enjoy the nice moniter

LOLYeah I have calmed down now. Now how can I get Dell to leave the second 30" here for free :p

Hey, are you a gamer? Is the new HC version better for gaming (if you play games)? It's supposed to have quicker refresh rate, just curious if ghosting is better.......

I'm tempted to buy 3007WFP but the new HC is worth waiting a bit, I think.

thanks

-

Wow. Fedex is so much more reliable than UPS. Too bad they're also more expensive. :rolleyes:

In my area, the stuff UPS delivers is always trashed. I spend the extra money and always use Fedex whenever I have the option. If I have a choice of retailers, their carrier factors in to who I buy from too.

Hey, are you a gamer? Is the new HC version better for gaming (if you play games)? It's supposed to have quicker refresh rate, just curious if ghosting is better.......

I'm tempted to buy 3007WFP but the new HC is worth waiting a bit, I think.

thanks

-

when does this new HC model hit store's ??

Did not realize that there were new replies. Here goes-

No I play 0/ZERO games. I am designer so do just design work on the screen ;)
The colours are definitely better on the HC compared to the normal 3007. The colours also appear to be lot richer to me.

For example this wallpaper on older Dell looked mainly blue on the top 30-40% part of the image -
http://interfacelift.com/dl/wallpaper/00660_splash_2560x1600.jpg

On the new Dell HC I see an additional slight greenish blue tint on the top 40% area of the image. I guess that is due to the 92% colour gamut OR my HC is damaged :D The colours on the HC look very vibrant compared to the washed out feel on the normal 3007.

I am in Europe and it was the tech department I phoned. All in all you won't be missing out too much if you get the older 3007 for cheap. I have eyes of a designer so maybe normal people might not notice any difference :)

Why would you get a 5 yr. warranty?

Anyhoo, it's called the "Damage Box" special, a lot of co. have it. The Damage box can't sell to regular customer, as such, they used it as replacement for customer.

Why would you get a 5 yr. warranty?

Anyhoo, it's called the "Damage Box" special, a lot of co. have it. The Damage box can't sell to regular customer, as such, they used it as replacement for customer.

I don't think it was like that as the tape on the box was from UPS and not Dell. Anyway it's working fine so no sweat. Regarding the 5 year warranty...it was free upgrade as part of the negotiation when I bought it. Plus I don't see any reason to buy a new screen in next 5 years. If this one gets busted I get a new one :D Why would you not take 5yr warranty :confused:

Back