My FX53 is about to get faster :)

Can I have some money? :D

j/k man that's going to be a great setup. :)

I've been fortunate with money this year I have to admit.
My wife's and I tax return ended up being $2000 more than we thought, we split it.
I sold my P4 system, the basic stuff, mobo,cpu and ram for $500. Plus the company I work for has been running overtime for the last three months.

I make a little over $300 on each OT day worked and I've done about 12 of them. It all adds up :)

All I need now is X800XT and I'm off to do some 3dMark AMD records :)
BTW I have the x800 Pro now, it's a great card.

ReNeGaDe* said:
:eek: that is one niiiice setup ya got there mate :cool:

Jun 4, 2004 6:00 A.M. TERRE HAUTE, IN, US OUT FOR DELIVERY
Jun 4, 2004 3:45 A.M. TERRE HAUTE, IN, US ARRIVAL SCAN

Vapo is almost here :)

M4d-K10wN said:
Where did you find registered memory that can take such high speeds??
The FX53's are multiplier unlocked.
So high fsb's aren't an issue.
I'm using Corsair XMS3200 RE LL rated at 2,3,2,6

Yes, but running a divider takes a nasty hit on your memory performance... Unless you're not doing and fsb overclocking at all.

M4d-K10wN said:
Yes, but running a divider takes a nasty hit on your memory performance... Unless you're not doing and fsb overclocking at all.

There has been A64 results popping up at OCForums about running a divider on A64s. I don't have personal experience with this but it seems having a memory divider doesn't have the effect like on AXP's. Something that has to do with the integration of the memory controller so that the memory bus is separate from the HTT bus. P4's still need a northbridge but apparently dividers for that platforum yield such huge raw bandwidth that it overcomes lower FSB @ 1:1.

This is what I've heard...

Yea dividers dont take as much a performance hit on A64s like AXPs did. 3ghz probley wont happen without -50C or lower but you can always hope :p

Are you going to put that pelt on your radeon x800xt when you get it ?? :eek:

damn man, i cant even afford a a64 setup much less a friggin vapochill. i also gotta deal with a ati radeon 9200se loL! anyways gl on the 3ghz richy rich

If you wanna take a risk right now, hack the X800 Pro into the XT model.

Yes, it can be done..

Yes it can be done, for those with the right sapphire and experience in silver trace painting or window defroster repair kit hacking...

Warriorprophet said:
Yes it can be done, for those with the right sapphire and experience in silver trace painting or window defroster repair kit hacking...
It has been done on Powercolor and HIS boards as well. Even if it fails, it still does not BREAK the card, you just don't get the extra 4 pipes.

And it's not a particularily difficult mod.

Hay, you do realize that you are going to have to run my banchmark again...

asshat :p

never in my life have I wanted to kill someone and steal their computer.... until now :D

edit: J/K

Oh my god, I hate you!
Well my friend has about $3000 he is willing to spend on a new computer. I want to get him only the best stuff. So if anyone could help me price out an FX system with a X800 Pro, I would love you. I just dont know what is good anymore in the land of the 64 bits. As you may tell by my dated computer...

So where do you live mate? maybe i could pop in and possibly er, have a look at your awesome rig?

I wish i could stay up to date with the latest generation of products, but as a 6th form student i always have to stay 1 generation behind. So no 64 bits or X800XTs/6800ultras for me. Damn you rich people

Good luck with it. It's a shame to know that a $2500 - $3000 computer that is everyone's jealousy now will be next month's budget build. Whatever suits your fancy I suppose though. Have fun.

Eh thats always the case, just get the best quality you can afford for your hard eanred $$$ and love it till it ceases to do what you need it to, then go again.

topslop1 said:
Good luck with it. It's a shame to know that a $2500 - $3000 computer that is everyone's jealousy now will be next month's budget build. Whatever suits your fancy I suppose though. Have fun.

It will be alot longer than just a month before a system like this becomes a budget computer...

Update? I'm getting an FX53 for my vapo soon. Just want to know what kind of clocks you're getting, :D

Tom Holck got his FX-53 to 3.45GHz. It only did SuperPi @ 3.4GHz I think though (he got something like 26 sec :eek: ). This is with a cascade cooler (-110 C temps).

Some guy on the forumsis offerng a Vapochill XE (the one in the black case) for $550 shipped. You think I should take it?

DaveX said:
Tom Holck got his FX-53 to 3.45GHz. It only did SuperPi @ 3.4GHz I think though (he got something like 26 sec :eek: ). This is with a cascade cooler (-110 C temps).

linky?

of course a prescott will be faster in super pi, but in pifast the athlon 64 would eat the prescott.

dextrous said:
of course a prescott will be faster in super pi, but in pifast the athlon 64 would eat the prescott.

I was just stating the results...

Back