my first lapping attemp ... should i go more?

PAo_ReVoLT

[H]ard|Gawd
start with 400 800 1200 1600 2000 | 30 times each side

well it is not shinny and it i forget to take a picture before lapped

thanks for input

As you likely know, flat is more important that shiney. Looks good - but without knowing what surface you lapped it on its hard to say how effective your job is. Use a single edge razor blade edge held perpenduclar to the IHS to check the flatness, held up to a light there should be no "light leaks" between the edge of the blade and the IHS. Check in several places. Forget counting "times", use a particular grit until the surface "scratch pattern" is completely uniform across the entire face of the IHS. It looks like yours is uniform so it should be pretty flat.

As you likely know, flat is more important that shiney. Looks good - but without knowing what surface you lapped it on its hard to say how effective your job is. Use a single edge razor blade edge held perpenduclar to the IHS to check the flatness, held up to a light there should be no "light leaks" between the edge of the blade and the IHS. Check in several places. Forget counting "times", use a particular grit until the surface "scratch pattern" is completely uniform across the entire face of the IHS. It looks like yours is uniform so it should be pretty flat.

i did it on mirror and yes there is no light came thru when put it against the light bulb

thanks bill

Back