My first Gigabyte board

GDstew4

[H]ard|Gawd
Getting ready to upgrade my system and reinstall XP but I'm not sure what I need to be able to use my SATA hard drive.

On the two Asus boards I've had in the past, there was a utility to make a floppy disk with the SATA drivers so that when XP was starting to reinstall I could manually install the drivers I needed to use my hard drive.

My mobo is the Gigabyte EP45-UD3R, does the utility DVD have the drivers I need? Where can I find them?

Thanks!

Here's alink to download the SATA/RAID Pre-Intall driver from GigaByte for your mobo

I always use nLite to re-compile my XP, so I can slip-stream drivers and other stuff :cool:

If you use the nLite to make a new XP Install CD, then you don't need that ratty old floppy ... EVER

Did you leave out a link in your post? I'm at the point where I can add drivers but I'm not sure what to pick.

It depends on if you're using IDE or AHCI/RAID mode. If you're using IDE mode (which is the default I believe), then you don't need to do anything. It should install just like an old IDE drive.

It depends on if you're using IDE or AHCI/RAID mode. If you're using IDE mode (which is the default I believe), then you don't need to do anything. It should install just like an old IDE drive.

I had read about this. Is this a newer feature of motherboards? I've always had to hit F6 to install the proper drivers on my A8V Deluxe and A8N-SLI boards or else XP wouldn't recognize my HDD.

I only have one SATA drive so I won't be setting up any RAID arrays, maybe I'm good to go?

Well I used nLite to make a SP3 disc and I think I have the right drivers on a floppy just in case. BBL :p

Had a few hiccups, didn't realize I wasn't able to connect all three of my IDE drives, more excuse to upgrade :) The nLite SP3 disc worked great, I didn't bother with any drivers, add-ons, or tweaks this time. The board recognized my SATA HDD plugged into the SATA2_0 slot and Windows had no trouble installing to it.

Now to get everything loaded and run some games, thanks for the help.

It even recognized my RAM as 1066 without any tweaking.

Back