Hello all, this is going to be my first built computer! Very excited, and would like to get through this process with minimal headaches, hah.
This is what I plan on doing w/my computer...
1) Heavy video editing / webpage programs
2) Engineering software
3) Gaming
I do not know how to OC, but I would maybe like to learn.....same goes with SLI. I do not know how to SLI but would like to have the option but if not then im not too worried....
Well, I went through newegg and picked out the parts. Please let me know if there is anything I should change and why. My budget is ~1100...but somewhat flexible......
**EDITED**
Here's my temporary FINAL RIG...
Q6600 - 270$
ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 - 180$
G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 - $130
CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX ATX12V -170$
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 -120$
COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC - 70.00$
SAMSUNG 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA -34$
Tuniq Tower 120 P4 & K8 CPU Cooler - Retail -45$
(I already bought the monitor and GPU = 450)
Price = 1029+ Tax/ship - MIR = 979$ + 450 = 1429$$ TOTAL
Question....Do can i get away with using the CORSAIR 520HX for all of this? That would hlep my cost a bit
Blah, I would love to see my total price go down.. Any suggestions/comments would be MOST appreciated, thank you for your time!!
This is what I plan on doing w/my computer...
1) Heavy video editing / webpage programs
2) Engineering software
3) Gaming
I do not know how to OC, but I would maybe like to learn.....same goes with SLI. I do not know how to SLI but would like to have the option but if not then im not too worried....
Well, I went through newegg and picked out the parts. Please let me know if there is anything I should change and why. My budget is ~1100...but somewhat flexible......
**EDITED**
Here's my temporary FINAL RIG...
Q6600 - 270$
ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 - 180$
G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 - $130
CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX ATX12V -170$
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 -120$
COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC - 70.00$
SAMSUNG 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA -34$
Tuniq Tower 120 P4 & K8 CPU Cooler - Retail -45$
(I already bought the monitor and GPU = 450)
Price = 1029+ Tax/ship - MIR = 979$ + 450 = 1429$$ TOTAL
Question....Do can i get away with using the CORSAIR 520HX for all of this? That would hlep my cost a bit
Blah, I would love to see my total price go down.. Any suggestions/comments would be MOST appreciated, thank you for your time!!