• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

My final build specs

Joined
Apr 27, 2008
Messages
17
Im going to be building a new rig next week do you guys see any problems.
I have a antec three hundred and a G0 q6600. Also this will be my htpc im using it for dvd ripping.

asus 4850
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121253

liteon dvd burner
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106228

western digital 500gb hdd
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136178

mushkin 2GB ram
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146118

GIGABYTE GA-P35-S3G LGA 775 Intel P35
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128084

CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX 520W
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139001

edit im gonna use my copy of xp and buy a 4850
 
The 500GB Samsung SpinPoint F1 is nearly 30% faster than that WD drive for $5 less currently. I think it would be worth the money to get the 640GB WD for $10 extra though. Use the $5 promo code from this thread.

Are you sure that you want an IDE DVD-RW drive instead of SATA? Liteon has a SATA version of the drive you chose for the same price. Keep in mind that Liteon drives are loud.
 
dhc and rydawg have you covered. Switch the board, HDD, and the optical drive and you'll be all set.
 
I have a HDTV at 1336 x 768 so i think the 4850 is enough. I will look into those spinpoint drives, is samsung that reliable? Also on the motherboard what advantages does the p45 have over the p35. Well what dvd should i get asus samsung?


edit I remember why i got it new egg is giving them away at $3.00 with the power supply.
 
Samsung is reliable but like dhc04 said, I recommend getting the WD 640GB drive for a few dollars more. It is significantly faster.

Main advantage P45 has over P35: PCI-E 2.0. Granted yes, no current video card requires PCI-E 2.0. However in the future, PCI-E 2.0 might be useful. So err on the side of caution and get the P45 instead. In addition the PCI-E 2.0, the P45 has been shown to OC a little bit higher than their P35 counterparts.
 
edit I remember why i got it new egg is giving them away at $3.00 with the power supply.

Then stick with the Lite-On if you really like that price... might as well, lol. Though, just know that they can get loud. ;)
 
Yea thanks guys i saw a video of a lite-on HOLY HELL those things get loud so i didn't by it.
I ordered the 640gb hdd and and a samsung sata dvd drive. And i got a gigabyte p43 because i wanted the pcie 2.0 but im not overclocking so i don't care about that. I also got a 550 watt corsair because it was cheaper more watts and one 12v rail. in a week I will post some pics of my soon to be [H]ard system. :)
 
For $3, I would have gotten it anyways, lol.

The 520W is also a single +12V rail, and its underrated as well (it can actually do more than 520W). The main selling point for it is its modularity -- it makes for much easier cable management.
 
For $3, I would have gotten it anyways, lol.

The 520W is also a single +12V rail, and its underrated as well (it can actually do more than 520W). The main selling point for it is its modularity -- it makes for much easier cable management.

I believe its 3.
 
Back
Top