• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

My Computer Makes Funny Noises..

Jasonx82

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
6,706
After a Clean format and windows x64 reinstall. Everytime I move my mouse or move a window. My PC makes a light screechy beep lightly through the speakers. I tried reinstalling drivers trying AC97 drivers/Nvidia Audio Drivers. Its kinda annoying when i disable the onboard soundcard but leave the speakers connected it stops so its coming from the soundcard. Anyone have any ideas?
 
Nice system specs in your sig.
WTF are you using the onboard audio to begin with? :confused: :D
 
i have this too. I've ALWAYS had this issue with all on-board sound cards. Not sure what the explanation is...but it annoys the hell outta me -=)
 
try disabling all your "unused" inputs (mic, line in, etc) and see what happens.

I concur with MisterX tho'. wtf are you still using onboard sound? :D
 
magnetik said:
try disabling all your "unused" inputs (mic, line in, etc) and see what happens.

I concur with MisterX tho'. wtf are you still using onboard sound? :D

thanx will give it a try..

Reason onboard sound. spacing i have inbetween the videocards :eek:

Oh yeah and its FREE!!
 
here some pics

IMG_0493.jpg


IMG_0494.jpg


IMG_0495.jpg


IMG_0496.jpg
 
It is interference from the PCI-Bus last time I checked. It was a REALLLLY bad problem on the Abit IC7 and IC7-2, MAX3 not so bad but still there. Aparently, since the audiochip is on the PCI bus(along with USB abd stuff) the audio chip picks up the data transmition, and what you hear is the sonic representation of said transmition.
 
I've had the exact same thing on and off in the past. When i moved windows around on the desktop, it squealed. Play games, it made various noises depending on what was on screen. The only way i ever got rid of it was by disassembling and reassembling the machine, i assume i moved a cable or something to a spot that didn't get as much interference. Odd, since it was a very small case, with pretty much one way to route cables (FIC Ice Cube) .I even bought a new case to try to get rid of the noise, but when i had to RMA that case (bad PSU), the noise when gone when i went back to the old case. Argh!!
 
Jasonx82 said:
thanx will give it a try..

Reason onboard sound. spacing i have inbetween the videocards :eek:

Oh yeah and its FREE!!

NM, noticed the lack of PCI,

but hell, if you have the money get the XFI-Elite
 
I have this same exact problem. Would a good sound card really make that much of a difference? I've always used onboard sound, which is why I ask.

Thanks.
 
Absolutely, having something take the load off the CPU is always better. Newer soundcards today such as the XFi-Audigy/Other brands offer clear crisp audio and features to enhance that audio that you'll never look at Onboard again.
 
Back
Top