My case...I think I like it!!

small things here and there but all in all an excellent job and a great wire cleanup. gj

Jay Style said:
small things here and there but all in all an excellent job and a great wire cleanup. gj

Yeah, I hate to do this so often.....but your sig is 3 lines too long bro. ;)

very nice and clean looking.. but i also reccommend trying(if you want) getting 1/2 inch in the bottom blue tube. i doing mine atm and it looks really nice. but otherwize... very nice

vivid7 said:
very nice and clean looking.. but i also reccommend trying(if you want) getting 1/2 inch in the bottom blue tube. i doing mine atm and it looks really nice. but otherwize... very nice

Here's an idea too to think about....would the wiring allow you to even cut that loom at the bottom into two "sections" so you could do a bit of a right angle with it and stay along the edges of the case a bit more?

yeah probably .. i just bought some and easily flexible and modable.

vivid7 said:
yeah probably .. i just bought some and easily flexible and modable.

I'd say definitely give it a shot.....even if the loom was still quite visible in teh case, having it a BIT more symetrical looking running along the sides of the case would improve things.

Pkirk618 said:
im not sure I understand

Instead of having the loom running across the bottom of the case like that, I'm suggesting it be cut into two sections.......

The loom would run down the back, in line with the back of the case, and then when it gets to the back corner of the case (at the base of the mobo) then you have a seperate length of loom going along the bottom edge of the mobo.....so that it looks like there's a 90 degree turn in the loom.......and you jsut ahve the two peices meet up fairly close in that back corner so it doesnt look like there's much of a split.

I'll edit the pic of the case if that's not clear enough. ;)

Definatly lose the light right through the middle, put it on the bottom, and you might think of getting a second one for the top so its even. But over all good job ;)

Seer said:
Definatly lose the light right through the middle, put it on the bottom, and you might think of getting a second one for the top so its even. But over all good job ;)

You didnt' keep reading did you?

He did move it to the bottom, and there's a second one down there now too.....I'm just trying to convince him to put the "back" ccfl ontop and out of view. ;)

Ok, I moved the lights, I cleaned the bottom. I also added what u see at the bottom, a half pipe shelter thingy for the light so I cant see it when the side panel is on. Does it look ok?

000_0060.JPG

Very nice job. A lot cleaner than mine, that's all I can say.

You could put the CCFL vertically along the back of the case, where your transformers are now. That might achieve about the same the effect as having it across the opening.

cornelious0_0 said:
You didnt' keep reading did you?

He did move it to the bottom, and there's a second one down there now too.....I'm just trying to convince him to put the "back" ccfl ontop and out of view. ;)

Sorry, I have a bad habit of only reading the first page and looking at the pictures. I am trying my best to stoip, and I seem to be reading the entire thread.

I tried that at first with the cathode on the side. It wont fit due to the fan. So I opted for the bottom, and now the top has a light too. There is also a fan in the front that is blue blowing in, and of course the fan on the back is blowing out.

Thanks for the kind words u guys.

I am working some more on the side panel.

OK, I sanded, primed and sanded...then painted my side panel. Call it practicing.

I also added silver studs to the corners of my window to accent the silver in and outside the case.

000_0061.JPG

000_0062.JPG

Ill still have to add the window. I threw the other one out so I can practice cutting another one.

OK, I think I really like it with all the input. I swear, about a year ago, I posted a premod machine in the mods section and some nice person said "oooh ahhh" is that what you wanted to hear? I immediately pulled the pic off and never returned to the mod forums until now.

:)

Below are some pics of my workstation and my newly modded computer. I like it alot. Thanks all!

1.JPG

2.JPG

000_0074.JPG

Good stuff, it's looking a LOT nicer.....and your lighting is VERY evenly done in the case....kudos on that.

Hope to see you around again with another new "project" every once and awhile.....gotta keep moddin' or you go rusty. ;)

Pkirk618 said:
thanks man...alot different from the start of the thread :)

Yeah, no kidding......enjoy your case bro.....you should at this point, it's come a long way and is now something that I could POSSibly stand having on my desk. ;)

Big improvement over the first picture. Excellent job on cleaning up the inside of the case and making it look sharp.

thanks...I feel much better about the whole project but I cant help but want to do more.

Im watching the forums for ideas, I can tell u that!!!

I'll be the next to jump in line and say "yeah that case is definitely really awesome." although please allow me one bit of scrutiny: i love the desktop background - but i think you would be, forgive the clichè, "completing the look" by skinning your windows xp. Personally, I think the following would simply rock considering the black monitor / case setup - its called ChromeXP 2 i think:

blackskin.jpg

Decent enough.....yeah, i agree that the unskinned, non-native desktop does look very out of place there. :p

I must say that now that I have seen the updated pics of your case, it looks quite a bit better. It is good to see that you cleaned up those cables some and moved the UV cathode to the bottom of the case. Good job man.

hey whats is that black mesh looking stuff on the bottom of the case? and what does it do?

Its there to give a more neater appearance in my opinion. It also hides a wire or two. I purchased it a Lowes...its tool case padding.

Pkirk618 said:
Its there to give a more neater appearance in my opinion. It also hides a wire or two. I purchased it a Lowes...its tool case padding.

Gotta love creative modding.....not everything has to be bought online from a "mod store" that you put in your case.

Once again, good stuff bro. :cool:

Back