My case...I think I like it!!

Pkirk618

Supreme [H]ardness
Well, this week has been alot of fun for me. Although I feel like the noobiest of noobs, I feel pretty good about doing something myself.

Here are a couple of pics of my recent mod. All I did was add a window, some lights, coil for the wires and a glass door to the front. I think I added a couple of dollars to the value of the case :D

One last thing...someone said paint my drives black...but I know there is silver all over the place, should I change it like suggested? I like it the way it is.

100_02601.jpg

100_02591.jpg

You think you like it? :p It looks good. Good job on everything. You could clean up the wiring a little more, but I can't talk because I'm anti-clean wiring. I think black drives on a silver case go really well, but I'm not sure on silver drives on a black case. It doesn't look bad, but it might look better with it being all black. That's obviously something you should decide for yourself. It looks nice though. I'm also firmly against case badges (I like the clean look) but that's a personal thing too ;)

it looks great.
Personally though id rather see the cables run behind then through that white plastic tubing.
seeing that constantly would drive me nuts!

xveganx said:
it looks great.
Personally though id rather see the cables run behind then through that white plastic tubing.
seeing that constantly would drive me nuts!

The tubing (split loom) looks a light blue to me, but yeah.....it'd drive me nuts just having a bit length of it sitting around like that. ;)

Oh, and I dont know how you do it, but I can't STAND having a CCFL in plain view like that, its just to intense and ruins the look of the interior IMO.

Other then that it's fairly nice.....I would recommend working on hiding/routing those wires instead of just putting them in some loom and leaving them where they are, but to each his own. ;)

n64man120 said:
Yea plz move that ccfl

The lighting woudl still look plenty nice enough in the case if you put the ccfl on teh bottom of the case so that the bottom section of the side panel hid the tube itself....and the overall look woudl be a lot nicer IMO.

looks badass I like it, nice to see someone still uses the plexi door window idea still.

hide the stick, i like it better when you cant see the stick one the light.

Goat_187 said:
hide the stick, i like it better when you cant see the stick one the light.

Haha, took me a second to figure out what you meant by "the stick". :p

No more drinks for me. ;)

Nice job bro! Always good to see people putting some work into their cases. The glass window is a very nice addition. Oh, and I live in New Braunfels there is maybe two gamers in this whole town. Hit me up on aim sometime man = hippie ona zebra

-Bliss

Blissful Thinking said:
Nice job bro! Always good to see people putting some work into their cases. The glass window is a very nice addition. Oh, and I live in New Braunfels there is maybe two gamers in this whole town. Hit me up on aim sometime man = hippie ona zebra

-Bliss

haha, that hurts bro.....but I know how you feel. ;)

So far I've run across about 3 or 4 people on [H] that have ended up living in my home town here, and it's always cool to run into someone new. :)

synergy321 said:
canada pfff who lives there.../looks above at cornelious..umm yea teehee ;)

Good one funny man. :p

One thing though is that it gives me the chance to experiement with subzero room temps if i want. If I ever have the time I wanna just take my comp and have it sit on our landing and crack the back door open. Right about now would be great....at its -35C or so outside with the wind.....and that'd sure make for some fun OC'ing. :p

Scratch that, I've got a window in the laundry room that I could open, and prop the case up next to it on som boxes or something....that way the cold air stays in teh basement, and everyone else's room is upstairs, so i could do that tonight and not wake anybody. ;)

sucks for you sucker! its 70 here in texas and im about to go ride my horse around with my cowboy boots and hat ...just kinding but we're sterotyped like that.

synergy321 said:
sucks for you sucker! its 70 here in texas and im about to go ride my horse around with my cowboy boots and hat ...just kinding but we're sterotyped like that.

Hehe, you people and your horses. ;)

Just kidding....I love it here though, call me weird but I'd rather have it -30C then +30C outside....I like the cold. :)

heh sorry about that random conversation about canada, about your case looks nice just hide that "stick" kekekeke. btw cornelious you got aim :)

Nice mods. I like the front and side windows. The split loom is kinda much. Maybe try thinner stuff?

synergy321 said:
heh sorry about that random conversation about canada, about your case looks nice just hide that "stick" kekekeke. btw cornelious you got aim :)

Sure do, online most of the time.........handle is CorneliousXT.

Def. diggin the case. looks sweet, the plexi door is something you don't see too much. or at least i don't.

Looks like a AF basic training pic on your board too. but i suppose since your in san antonio (lackland being the gateway to the AF and all).

Well thanks everyone. I cleaned up the wires and moved the cathode out of the way. I will post a pic later.

By the way, synergy sucks lol...is that u falcon?

The glass door along with the silver drives friggin pwn! Cheers to a really good mod.

Very nice.....although i can still see the "back" tube......it's a LOT cleaner looking and will be a fair bit more of a classy case to peer into. ;)

Any specific want or need for teh ccfl against the mobo though? As far as I'm aware you wouldnt really gain a WHOLE lot from that in terms of lighting up the system.......i think it's almost be better to hide it up at the top somewhere behind the metal above the window....or along a side of teh case.....just so they both stay out of view and you see the effects of the lighting....and not the lighting itself. ;)

a lot better :D i would live with that...but even more you could invest in some rounded cables :) they're like 1$ at svc.com some sale you should look into that. but that is the only thing bad i see. lol, i didnt even see the tube in the back i say its gooooood cornelious0_0 you know you still love me :eek: :D

synergy321 said:
a lot better :D i would live with that...but even more you could invest in some rounded cables :) they're like 1$ at svc.com some sale you should look into that. but that is the only thing bad i see. lol, i didnt even see the tube in the back i say its gooooood cornelious0_0 you know you still love me

Well.....I suppose......but I still don't see why you really need a CCFL up against the mobo like that, doens't really light up the rest of the case a whole lot compared to if you were to place it up top or on the side of the case, hidden out of view.

Either way it is a nice improvement....but you still got some work to do. ;)

maybe try putting one on top and one on bottom hidden or one on each side hidden try both of those ways and see which way makes the best lighting and stick with that :p
woot woot i smell dfi 939 :eek:

Instead of running your cable on top of your HDD, you should run it under the drive and up in the front of the HDD (front of the case). Or you could just flip the HDD around. Another thing is switch your Aero 4 so the intake is facing the front of the case. At the position it's at, it's probably causing a "dead zone" where your rear fan is. Just some thoughts. Looks good though. I love the windows. :)

Mr. Miyagi said:
Instead of running your cable on top of your HDD, you should run it under the drive and up in the front of the HDD (front of the case). Or you could just flip the HDD around. Another thing is switch your Aero 4 so the intake is facing the front of the case. At the position it's at, it's probably causing a "dead zone" where your rear fan is. Just some thoughts. Looks good though. I love the windows. :)

Agreed, on all counts. :)

I really like the glass door. What size ccfl's do you have? If they're 12 inches, they look a lot smaller for some reason...

mickey987 said:
I really like the glass door. What size ccfl's do you have? If they're 12 inches, they look a lot smaller for some reason...

Doesn't look any smaller then 12" to me......look identical to the Sunbeam CCFL's that I've always used.

Back