• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

My built so far.

eat2na

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Messages
441
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
50% Web browsing, 20% Gaming, 20% Photoshop, 10% Video editing

2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$1000, Yes.

3) Where do you live?
North Carolina.

4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Well, (see below) a guy asked me to answer the sticky but I already got the CPU, VGA, motherboard, HD, DVD burner and Case. See below for parts I already ordered.

5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
I will be reusing my PSU for now. Is this model from 2007. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341001

6) Will you be overclocking?
Not much. Just as much as safely can be done with the stock factory AMD cooler.

7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
I have two Dell 2007FP and will eventually get a third for Eyefinity.

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
This month.

9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
I already got this board. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128443&Tpk=870a gigabite
Not planning on dual cards or or RAID.

10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
I have XP pro but shopping for Win7 64bit.

UPS man just brought this to my door as I was typing! Woohoo!
amd.jpg

amd1.jpg


I was going to order the Dell XPS 7100 http://www.dell.com/us/en/home/desktops/studio-xps-7100/pd.aspx?refid=studio-xps-7100&cs=19&s=dhs

Soon I've realized I would be missing on the fun of getting all the parts and opening the boxes and putting it all together. :D So so far this is what I got:

CPU 184.00 after $15 off copuon.
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=HDT55TFBBX&title=AMD-Phenom-II-X6-Six-Core-Processor-1055T-2-8GHz-AM3-Retail

The Case I got it for $49+$9.99 shipping. Price is back up now.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112237

For the motherboard and ram I got this combo.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.461423

GPU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102884

DVD burner
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136180

Hard Drive a shell shocker deal on the Samsung spinpoint F3 for $59.99 shipped.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152185&cm_re=samsung_f3-_-22-152-185-_-Product

That's all I gotten so far.
 
Last edited:
Swap the sapphire for an XFX Brand has a Double lifetime warranty and well worth it.

294.99: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...4150477&cm_re=xfx_5850-_-14-150-477-_-Product

also answer the questions in the Sticky so people have an idea what its going to be used for.

And it's too easy to forget to register for the double lifetime warranty. I learned that from a friend who didn't register within 30 days of purchase (because he was busy at work or on an extended business trip during that whole time): If you don't register within 30 days of purchase, the "lifetime" or "double lifetime" warranty will get reduced to only a one-year warranty (eVGA does this, as well!) - which would be the shortest warranty in the graphics card industry.
 
Swap the sapphire for an XFX Brand has a Double lifetime warranty and well worth it.

294.99: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...4150477&cm_re=xfx_5850-_-14-150-477-_-Product

also answer the questions in the Sticky so people have an idea what its going to be used for.

Well I can't. The Sapphire shipped already earlier today. The parts I listed I already ordered. They shipped today. Only thing I still need is OS, speakers, Keyboard, mouse and possibly upgrade my PSU. Sticky filled up as requested.
 
Well I can't. The parts I listed I already ordered. They shipped today. Only thing I still need is OS, speakers, Keyboard, mouse and possibly upgrade my PSU.

No it's a definite yes that you're gonna have to upgrade your PSU. I recommend this replacement:
$65 - Antec NEO ECO 520C 520W PSU
 
Well I can't. The Sapphire shipped already earlier today. The parts I listed I already ordered. They shipped today. Only thing I still need is OS, speakers, Keyboard, mouse and possibly upgrade my PSU. Sticky filled up as requested.

If you already ordered the parts before consulting us what are you actually asking from us?

+1 to upgrading your PSU though.
 
Still shopping for Windows 7 64 bit. I want to pay less than $50 for it. I have a friend who is a teacher, maybe she can find me an academic version.:confused:
 
If you already ordered the parts before consulting us what are you actually asking from us?

+1 to upgrading your PSU though.

I was not asking anything. I was just posting on "My built so far" as the title says. But somebody told me to fill the sticky so I did.
 
Still shopping for Windows 7 64 bit. I want to pay less than $50 for it. I have a friend who is a teacher, maybe she can find me an academic version.:confused:

I'm not sure if teachers get MSDNAA access... that is a good question. It's worth a shot, it would be "free" if she just gave it to you but for some reason I don't think teachers get it.

I was not asking anything. I was just posting on "My built so far" as the title says. But somebody told me to fill the sticky so I did.

That's because he assumed you were asking for advice as well. "My built so far" doesn't make any sense so I hope you can see why I am confused.
 
Yeah I assumed you was asking for help. at first you did not state you ordered all these parts. All you said was this is my build so far. So im assumed you were saying hey help me. Good Luck
 
Back
Top