my attempt at mounting the EVO Seidio dock in the car without the suction cup mount..

magnetik

Staff member
I was planning on putting together a carputer but decided this is the way to go. I took a
long road trip and my partner was able to watch espn via slingbox and catch a few movies
on the way. I went with the seidio dock because it would still work with the extended battery.
I had to modify a TPU case to give the EVO the protection I wanted.
I take no credit .. just saw it done on the interwebs. see below.

Hope this helps anyone trying to eliminate the suction seidio mount and to keep
everything off the windshield. The mount swivels so I can turn it sideways for movies.
(for the passenger of course) I'm sure this method will work for other docks / phones also...

p1010418.jpg

I hardwired a 12v socket behind my dash and used one of these... which gave me an additional socket for my garmin traffic reciever and 4 usb ports for other stuff. I installed two
usb extention cables to allow passengers to charge up and added two micro usb cables for the gps dock and one extra. I then used a bracketron mount with swivel to mount the dock. The dock is a Seidio Innotraveler kit for the EVO.

the audio is fed through the auxillary on the stereo..

modded seidio extended battery case with a hacked up TPU case to protect it. it's a tight fit in the dock but it works great even with the 3500mah battery.
dremel with plastic cutting disc worked great.
P1010425.JPG

P1010423.JPG

pics of the parts for the lazy...

Seidio Innotraveler dock.. uses standard AMPS mount. Ditched the suction mount.
CK17HEV4C04-2.jpg

no probs with this.. it is able to charge my garmin in a pinch and charge light came on with both androids connected simultaneously. It's also fused which is a plus.
31urScJpAML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

bracketron mount w/ swivel
21QSGitbQPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

USB extention cables...
412EHlshD5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Does the mount still swivel when you attached it to the Bracketron mount or does need to be unscrewed, rotated, screwed again in order to get it sideways? I'm very interested because I already have a Bracketron mount in my car and I really want to be able to mount my phone on it.

Does the mount still swivel when you attached it to the Bracketron mount or does need to be unscrewed, rotated, screwed again in order to get it sideways? I'm very interested because I already have a Bracketron mount in my car and I really want to be able to mount my phone on it.

It swivels and locks at each 1/4 turn.. I installed the swivel mount that came with the bracketron. You can buy them separately though for pretty cheap.

Back