My Athlon 860K Review:

It sank in for everyone long ago in the thread. You're a troll who has no idea what he's talking about and is desperate for attention, continually spouting nonsense rather than manning up and admitting you were wrong. Incredibly childish behavior which is just embarrassing, in all honesty.

Please explain exactly how I'm wrong? All I get are insults, in all honesty from fan boys?

I as well as others already pointed out the errors you made earlier in the thread. You're just in denial about it. The fact that you call anyone who disagrees with you a fanboy is even more damning.

Update: Ok, so I was pretty psyched I was testing everything at 4.8ghz. My board BLCK will actually do 130mhz which is pretty good. Anyways, Kaveri seems to throttle at anything over 4.7ghz. I dunno why, kind of disappointed because I'm sure I could hit 5.0ghz,

I as well as others already pointed out the errors you made earlier in the thread. You're just in denial about it. The fact that you call anyone who disagrees with you a fanboy is even more damning.

Nice worthless rebuttal...expected from someone that can't back it up.

Update: Ok, so I was pretty psyched I was testing everything at 4.8ghz. My board BLCK will actually do 130mhz which is pretty good. Anyways, Kaveri seems to throttle at anything over 4.7ghz. I dunno why, kind of disappointed because I'm sure I could hit 5.0ghz,

Have you checked your temps? They will auto throttle with any temps over 70-72C. At least the 6800K did...

That sounds like the limit for the Kaveri chips. The main culprit is most likely the process node used (28nm SHP). It's not a CPU-biased process like the 32nm SOI that Trinity and Richland used was.

core temp doesn't work in windows 10 do you have any programs that might work?

The only ones I found that work so far in Win 10 are the utilities from the mobo manufactures themselves...check your mobo download section for any monitoring software (win 8/8.1 software).

^ ah thanks for the tip. I don't think its temp related as it throttles the moment I start cinebench.

The normal non-Athlon Kaveri chips have a bug where the CPU throttles down to a certain P-state anytime a load was placed on the iGPU. It would throttle down to state 6, which was 3.0ghz. It took a while for people to nail down the culprit, but the 4.5~4.7ghz area is pretty much the limit for Kaveri when it comes to CPU.

If you want barely to not really good enough AM1 will do. If you want just good enough FM2+ plus a low end apu. That's what everyone should stride for is "just good enough". Or you could get their latest flagship cpu the 7850K APU for future proof-ness. ;)

Months from now. Years from now. Hell even decades from now, I've been on this forum for almost fifteen years(crazy no?). People are going to search google about an 860k, or an A10-something, if for no other reason than because they are cheap and "good enough" for an HTPC or a spouse or a kid or whatever, or just because they are interesting. Like I did just now. And they will see your posts, just like I did. And they are going to quietly judge you, even if just for a moment, on the way you interact with others and communicate. I'd be embarrassed about that.

Months from now. Years from now. Hell even decades from now, I've been on this forum for almost fifteen years(crazy no?). People are going to search google about an 860k, or an A10-something, if for no other reason than because they are cheap and "good enough" for an HTPC or a spouse or a kid or whatever, or just because they are interesting. Like I did just now. And they will see your posts, just like I did. And they are going to quietly judge you, even if just for a moment, on the way you interact with others and communicate. I'd be embarrassed about that.

And then they'll sigh, realize it was the internet, and nothing in 2025 has evolved past human internet behavior yet.

/aside; I'd be truly shocked if 20 years from now anybody is rocking a 2014 CPU.

It won't handle all the 8k-3d-VR movies...

Thanks for the review, I will be ordering one to replace my a6-6400k that is not cutting it anymore, especially since I just picked up a 7970 on ebay. The thread kinda went to hell when the intel master race stepped in, but for around $80 for the cpu and VERY cheap uATX motherboards, it is a win.

For comparison, my 6400k only gets 21.5 seconds in superpi o/cd to 4.8 GHZ with 2133 ram

Back