normal_DSC01416.JPG

normal_DSC01417.JPG

normal_DSC01412.JPG

i need to get some more up to date pics
3800+ x2
6 400gb sata harddrives
ocz 600watt sli
ultra 500 mod to run 3 colling loops

Two or three pumps? Do you have Photoshop? You need to turn the brightness up. :)

Top Nurse said:
Two or three pumps? Do you have Photoshop? You need to turn the brightness up. :)

3 pumps one is in the psu bay. the next mod to the case will be welding 2 of them together
so i can add a 4th loop along with 2 360 rads

right now my temps with no offset at the water cpu runs 30c idle and 33c under load
the sli 6800 loop runs 35 idle 40 -43c under load

and ya i dont have photoshop sorry

Derrick70 said:
3 pumps one is in the psu bay. the next mod to the case will be welding 2 of them together
so i can add a 4th loop along with 2 360 rads

BTW, are you aware that with the Multiswitch you can control an additional two (2) pumps through the Aquasuite software?

Top Nurse said:
BTW, are you aware that with the Multiswitch you can control an additional two (2) pumps through the Aquasuite software?

yup i remeber some one saying that over on the aquacomputer forum.

so i added it to my list of things to get lol.

13-131-568-04.JPG

here is the m/b im going to use as soon as i can find one instock

it looks like i can pull the heat pipe off and use 2 regular chip set blocks from ac to cool the nb and sb? i know one of them for shure.

Dillusion said:
you need some black faceplates...

i have them im not using them because the fan grills dont come in black. i may put them back on after i polish grills

well i wasent going to post this but o well all the watter tubes will also be sleaved.
From what i seen last night is it stops the tubing from colapsing whne i use tight turns or bends. I also think it will look good with the uv lighting just picking up the lil gaps in the sleaving.

normal_DSC01465.JPG

Derrick70 said:
well i wasent going to post this but o well all the watter tubes will also be sleaved.
From what i seen last night is it stops the tubing from colapsing whne i use tight turns or bends. I also think it will look good with the uv lighting just picking up the lil gaps in the sleaving.
Hmm, that could work. Get some UV shots up STAT!!!

why do you all love aquacomputer so much?

prices are just as high as most. they're overseas, they don't use 1/2"ID or better, and they tend to have more 90degree bends.
their blocks aren't any better than the storm or apogee even, or maze4gpu either.

so why pay same price for less performance? coolfactor? fad? live in europe and don't wanna buy from american companies?

Unoid said:

prices are just as high as most. they're overseas, they don't use 1/2"ID or better, and they tend to have more 90degree bends.
their blocks aren't any better than the storm or apogee even, or maze4gpu either.

so why pay same price for less performance? coolfactor? fad? live in europe and don't wanna buy from american companies?

Why do you seem to hate it so much? touche' :D

I went 1/2" and it works fine, but custom PC stuff to ME is about a blend of performance and style. Cases with externally mounted rad/shrouds, 30 feet of dishwasher hose and hose clamps may perform great, but they look like a$$ on a stick to me. I always think about it like this:

Which would I want?
1) a rusted out AMC Gremlin that goes 300 miles per hour
2) A Bentley with hand stitched leather, a caviar filled refrigerator, yet a 1/2HP lawnmower engine that can't even move it
3) A BMW M3.. Better than average speed, and wonderful looks

I'm the M3 guy. Sounds to me like your Gremlin might need an oil change :D

Unoid said:

Maybe because it works very well performance wise and looks better than anything in the US market?

R1ckCa1n said:
Maybe because it works very well performance wise and looks better than anything in the US market?

It's all about opinion. I would personally NEVER buy anything american. You have a ford? I have a volkswagen. You like football? I play rugby. You like 1/2" DD systems? I like 10mm A-C systems. And so on.. ;)

Unoid said:

its a low flow system no need for tubes bigger than 1/2 OD.
the 90 dont mater in a low flow set up as they would in a 1/2 ID set up.
as far as the block performance your comparing apples to grapes.
the cool factor to me is the euro look of the blocks and every thing eles.
fad- not to many people in the US haven so thats not much of a fad.
well i realy dont understand you last comment. I was born and raised in the USA but im not going to trade my BMW for a Caddy any time soon.

I'd hate to see this thread turn into another AC-vs-The World flamewar... there's plenty of that elsewhere

zer0signal667 said:
I'd hate to see this thread turn into another AC-vs-The World flamewar... there's plenty of that elsewhere

Totally understandable. It seems most AC threads get derailed. I simply tried to answer his question of "why" with an analogy.

On track: With the Aquatube on it's side, how do you fill your rig? I have no room to mount mine to the top, so do most people do a tee line with a cap?

zer0signal667 said:

well any one that has an AC computer gets asked Why did you go with that setup. we explane then defend our selfs im use to it tho

typhoon43 said:
Totally understandable. It seems most AC threads get derailed. I simply tried to answer his question of "why" with an analogy.

On track: With the Aquatube on it's side, how do you fill your rig? I have no room to mount mine to the top, so do most people do a tee line with a cap?

i tip mine on its back and fill her up

Derrick70 said:

normal_DSC01465.JPG

Nice touch! :D

typhoon43 said:

Interestingly it is the same people who continually start problems about AC stuff. I thought for a long time to just ignore it, but I find it difficult to do so because I like my AC stuff and the arguments are silly IMHO.

To answer your question, either flip it on it's back or use a Fill-port that goes to the Aquatube like in FF.

Top Nurse said:
Interestingly it is the same people who continually start problems about AC stuff. I thought for a long time to just ignore it, but I find it difficult to do so because I like my AC stuff and the arguments are silly IMHO.

To answer your question, either flip it on it's back or use a Fill-port that goes to the Aquatube like in FF.

i tilt it to the back

R1ckCa1n said:

they doo look sexy, especially with like 15ft of tubing with UV glow happening, top nurses looked pretty.

Unoid said:
they doo look sexy, especially with like 15ft of tubing with UV glow happening, top nurses looked pretty.

I don't have 15 feet of tubing nor any UV glow because my tubes are black. :confused: Thanks for the nice words on FF though. :)

Nice. I like the silver/steel front look; it gives some contrast over the black, although some may argue that there's no such thing as too much black.

The tubing shouldn't kink if it's good quality; I use Innovatek's newest clear 8mm ID tubing on my setups, although 8mm ID Tygon is rather nice and extremely bendy.

When I get my new front panel made, I'll be using an Aqua Computer Cuplex Pro on my 3700+ and an Innovatek Graph-O-Matic Rev3 on my x800XL. When/if I upgrade to a 7800, I'll want a full card cooler cause I love the way they look, but an Alphacool solution might be nicer cause I want to see my liquid glowing in the block :)

When it comes to pumps, I prefer a single Eheim 1046/1048 with a direct molex connection - Innovatek's HPPS.

Pooky said:
The tubing shouldn't kink if it's good quality; I use Innovatek's newest clear 8mm ID tubing on my setups, although 8mm ID Tygon is rather nice and extremely bendy.

but an Alphacool solution might be nicer cause I want to see my liquid glowing in the block

When it comes to pumps, I prefer a single Eheim 1046/1048 with a direct molex connection - Innovatek's HPPS.

Will the Innovatek pump fit in an Aquabay as I understand it is longer than the Aquastream or 1046/1048? Will the Innovatek rebrand tubing work in a push-fit? Nice to see you over here on the [H]ardForum more. :)

ya thats 1/2od tygon its very nice stuff and has a good bend radi on it. right now i kicking around ideas to get a lil more out of the tubing because the asus m/b will have 5 water blocks on just the board and cpu. not counting 2 ramplexes and 2 vid cards. so for me to keep very lil tubing in the machine to keep it clean and uncluterd tight bends will help out a lot. i also found out first hand that i will not need to run hose clamps or zip ties at all it is very hard to pull tygon off a barb that has sleaving and heat shring on it

bad idea... especially if your using correctly sized barbs and tubes. You can get away without clamps and whatnot if you have bigger barbs than tubes, but your asking for trouble if you dont use clamps on correctly sized fittings.

Punx_Clever said:
bad idea... especially if your using correctly sized barbs and tubes. You can get away without clamps and whatnot if you have bigger barbs than tubes, but your asking for trouble if you dont use clamps on correctly sized fittings.

I would tend to agree, but since no one I know has used heatshrink before I would say give it a try outside your case and see if it flys or not. Heatshrink can really cinch down so it may work very well. Then again it might not so leak test...

typhoon43 said:
Why do you seem to hate it so much? touche' :D

I went 1/2" and it works fine, but custom PC stuff to ME is about a blend of performance and style. Cases with externally mounted rad/shrouds, 30 feet of dishwasher hose and hose clamps may perform great, but they look like a$$ on a stick to me. I always think about it like this:

Which would I want?
1) a rusted out AMC Gremlin that goes 300 miles per hour
2) A Bentley with hand stitched leather, a caviar filled refrigerator, yet a 1/2HP lawnmower engine that can't even move it
3) A BMW M3.. Better than average speed, and wonderful looks

I'm the M3 guy. Sounds to me like your Gremlin might need an oil change :D

I call the gremlin!!! Go America!!! Function before form.

i did a leak test like every one said. i have had np so far the heat shrink. so i ran one line in the hottest loop in my computer the vid loop. i turnd the fans off to let the water get nice and warm and looked again. it dont look like the added heat hurts the heat shirnk at all i even gave the line a good tug to try to pull it from the back of the res and its not budgein. the line is 3/8id tygon and the fittings are 10mm barb so the barb is a lil bigger than the tube.

but it works great so ill use it.

I have a tip for the day tho
Dont use heat shrink from master-carr i picked some up to do some sleaving and its junk ill post some new pick of the rig too night i have been working on it full time now. lol :D

Back