• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

My 6950 Crossfire not working

Ravynmagi

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
1,464
I bought two 6950 cards and installed them. I installed the 11.1a beta drivers on Windows 7 64 bit.

In GPUZ one idles at 450/1250MHz the other 250/150MHz. When I play a game I only see one card clock up to 3D speed and have a load. The other card seems to be doing nothing.

In CCC AMD CrossfireX Configuration screen is blank, likewise the Diagnostics screen is blank. Device Manager in Windows shows both cards installed and running.

Back in CCC Information it shows a "Primary" and "Disabled" 6950. I am not sure why one is "Disabled" though.

Crossfire cable is connected. Tried the cable on both Crossfire connections.

Have I missed something? Should I blow away these drivers and just use what is on the CD?
 
express uninstall the drivers and try again. Also, remember to reboot after you install the drivers before you do anything.
 
On the desktop the driver will cards that do not have monitors attached to them so it is normal to see one disabled in Crossfire. It doesn't need to be running when you are not in 3D.

Does it let you check the box to Enable Crossfire in the CrossfireX menu? If everything is working right then the Diagnostics menu should show nothing. If you run GPU-Z then does it show Crossfire enabled? OPen two instances of GPU-Z on the sensor tab. Set one to the secondary card and then set both to refresh in the background and then run something and see if the frequencies increase. If you still have a problem then try the 10.12 release driver instead of the leaked one.
 
I changed Crossfire cables, no change.

CrossFireX menu has no option to enable Crossfire. All I see is an "Identify GPU" button that is grayed out.

GPU Z says CrossFire is disabled.

I watched both GPU frequencies with GPU Z and I see the primary GPU frequencies do change. The secondary 6950 frequency never changes from 250/150MHz, never shows a GPU load of any kind.


I'll try reloading the 11.1a drivers next, and then follow up with wiping and going back to the CD drivers if that doesn't work (10.12 drivers from ATI.com wouldn't install for some reason).
 
You need to Google 10.12.a drivers, not 10.12. Then try switching the cards to rule out hardware as an issue.
 
Gah, I feel like a retard. After uninstalling the drivers, I noticed I still had the MSI Afterburner app in my tray. I was using this with the GTX 580 I had just uninstalled from the system. I removed and swept the Nvidia drivers, but forgot to remove MSI Afterburner.

Uninstalled MSI Afterburner, reinstalled the 11.1a drivers. Now Crossfire X is enabled. :)
 
Back
Top