• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

My $2K rig

This will be used as a testing machine for doing 3D 3D gaming (you know with the glasses) on different scales. Low end to high end PCs

Can you please elaborate more? I'm still very confused as to what you're using this PC for.
 
I work for a company that wants to make sure that the experience of using a 3DTV with source devices other then a 3D Blu Ray STB are good

I will be playing a wide range of games on a 3D TV using Nvidia's 3DTV play to test if the experience is good for everyone from low end to high end.

Also we will be testing the experience of 3D blu-rays and streaming live 3D broadcast from the web.
 
Maybe some multi monitor stuff.
The Monitors will be 50" 3D plasmas


I will disable one of the 460s and underclock the other

in my opinion anything with an i7 is not really low end. no point in underclocking the 460 either since the 460 represents the absolute cheapest way to get a dx11 nvidia card capable of 3D.

from where i stand a low end build would cost under 1000. i think your test results will not be accurate if you try to use one test system to represent all types of potential systems. in reality the system you have built would probably represent the mid range. you would need a cheaper system, maybe with an i3 530 and a single 460 to represent low end and something fancy like a i7 980x with dual 480s to represent high end.
 
You can get better coolers for less money - unless you're dead set on the h50 (and I'd understand why - it's sexy) then I'd look elsewhere. I like the Venomous X, though you'd have to buy a fan. Be aware that to get full performance from the h50 you'll need two fans in a push/pull config.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top