Mx700

No idea, but if you need to use it for a little while, a 5-10minute charge will keep you working for several minutes.

I hate that stupid red light, it flashes for days before it finally dies.

I thought the red light flashes when it's down to 10 - 20% of battery remaining. I leave my mouse off the charger for about 3 or 4 days before the red light sets in.

GJSNeptune said:
Haha. So you purposly caused the light to burn out?
I just wonder why everyone is purposely trying to run their batteries out. NiMH batts only need to be drained occaisionally.

ive never let mine drain... never gone to a red light, i charge it every night and basically whenever im not using it.

V0ltage said:
ive never let mine drain... never gone to a red light, i charge it every night and basically whenever im not using it.
I try not to let mine drain. Whenever I go away for the comp or something is loading for a bit I put mouse on charger. But yesterday I was working like non stop and the light came on so I went to sleep for 6 hours and it's all charged now :)

I was also thinking that it would go off at around 10%

I wont put mine on the charger until the red light starts flashing and even then I dont put it on the charger until the end of the night.

Mine dies out real fast, what type of batteries are you guys using? What is the best one that will give me longer batt. life?

From the Logitech website:

The MX700 should reach a full charge, after a complete discharge, in four to six and a half hours. A full charge should last, on average, about ten days for a standard office user. Some "heavy" users might need to recharge the mouse more often. Charging the mouse for 15 minutes gives the mouse enough power to operate for one day of standard use. We recommend you fully charge the mouse as often as possible.

The MX700 will let you know when it is about eight hours away from a total discharge by flashing a red light on the top of the mouse. When you see this light, you should recharge the mouse. Once the mouse has been charged past the eight hour warning point, the light will no longer flash red when the mouse is not in the charger/base station. While the mouse is charging, the light should flash green. When it is fully charged, the light will stop flashing.

[...]

Also, if you are using the mouse on a dark surface, try using it on a white sheet a paper. Dark surfaces for the optical sensor to work harder, thus draining the batteries faster.

[...]

Then again, they say batteries should last up to 10 :eek: days in "light" office usage condition. Maybe for a government worker... :rolleyes: Or maybe not... Solitaire requires lot of mouse movement... :p

http://www.nimhbattery.com/mahapowerex-nimhbatteries-2300mAh-aa.htm - best one I've seen

You have to look for NiMH batteries with a high mAH I'm pretty sure. I still use the ones the mouse came with (1700mAH), which are about a year and a half old atm. They seem to be working fine atm. I rarely get that red light.

EDIT:
Wow 8 hours is a lot. I use my mouse on a dark blue pad so maybe I should like tape some paper on it. Thanks for looking that up :)

I usually forget to put my mouse on the charger at night. It usually just sits on the desk until I notice the red light flashing. At that point I keep on doing what I was doing and when I'm done I toss the mouse on the charger.

I guess I don't worry about it too much since even if the batteries die on me, all I have to do is reach over and grab the trackball and keep going. I go back and forth between the two depending on what I'm doing anyway, so it's always hooked up.

If I actually have to use the mouse, I guess I can grab some more batteries from somewhere around my desk. I usually keep some extra rechargeable batteries around for emergencies.

Back