MX700 painting :), Mouse done, base next (pics)

all correct

my connect button didn't have any text on it so I used the ground coat on it first as well.

Tomorrow Is My Big Day To Paint Mine.

Its Gunne Be.... Well Lets Wait And See What Paint I Get ;)

I Seriously Have Butterflys Like Your Getting Ready To Go On A Rollercoaster :p

hah, i think my old one might need to be painted too :p

oldmx7001.JPG

How many hours of gaming does it take exactly to get your mouse to look like THAT.

It definitely could use a good painting. :)

eeewwwww is right...I have had my MX700 for about a year now and though I don't do as much gaming as I used to...I still do a bit and mine looks almost new..that is just scarry!

I Painted Mine Today But I F'ed Up. Well Not Me My Friend. We Got This Primor Stuff And He Sprayed It And It Ran So I Let It Dry Then Saned It Then Forgot The Primor I Didnt Want It To Run Again And Just Painted. But Then When It Dried It Had Sand Lines On It :( So Tomorrow Ill Get An Electric Sander To Do It Right. (was Doing It By Hand) Then After I Sand It I (i) Will Spray Primor On It To Make It Smoothe Then Paint. I Will Post Pic.

Also I Have Been Pondering If I Should Take The Logitech Decal Off. I Like It Better On On The Mouse But Off On The Base (painted Them Both) I Think Im Just Going To Bondo Them Both

Oh The Color I Decided On Is A Blue Color. Its Very Purty :)

Also How Do I Take The Decal Off?

Yar, can't find any of the color I want. Anybody in the DC metro area seen any silver/green or red/blue mirage 2 tone paint?

DRJ1014 - just for you to know...primer won't make the finish smooth...all it does is give the paint something easy to stick too....if you want smooth you should be sanding the body with some high grit sand paper (600-800) then primer, sand again then paint and you should get a decent finish

Bondo! Yay for bondo!

/me wonders how his bluetooth would look in red? or just better blue...

:( no one told me how :(

How do I take the decal off? what should i use to take it off?
I tried a screw driver and nothing.

i dont have an mx700, so bear with me... it would seem that you just sand it down, then fill it in with bondo, then sand that smooth.

DRJ1014 said:
:( no one told me how :(

How do I take the decal off? what should i use to take it off?
I tried a screw driver and nothing.

You have to get something THIN under an edge of the decal and carefully pry off.
It is stuck on by some sort of glue/adhesive.

I went under the edge with a surgical scalpel.

Hope this helps

D.

my friend painted his mouse when i messed up on mine and when he sets it on the cradle he said it leaves dents in the paint. how can we stop the paint dents?

Your friend probably used far to much paint and hasnt given it enough time to properly cure/harden. Even if the paint on the outside looks like its ready to be touched theres still the inner coats which are probably too thick and still soft right now.

I painted it for him. I used one coat. we let it dry for a day. or about 18 hours

The dent in the paint is why I made my ratpad charger. So i did'n't have to wait for the paint to dry to charge my mouse. Now it should be fine, but a week ago it was a different story.

STRESSTEST said:
I told you above :) but here's a pic of the primer base and red top coat used

mx700_5.jpg

i have searched home deopt wallmart and couldnt find blue in this paint. where else could i get it or what type of paint could i use

hows it holding up (I know this has been asked but this is a "overtime" issue, and it has been sometime since it has been answered)

ok i got the paint got the bondo and its already screwed up....... mr now it all (my dad) thought he knew what he was talking about and applied the bondo with out the hardener. then he sanded it down with some 100gritt he said it would be fine. i told him no your going to mess it up. and he did. so i saned the sand lines out with some wet 600. and guess what. he screwed it up again. but not with sand paper or bondo or paint. (i hid them) he was holding the mouse over and he bent the finger part. i managed to bend it back but now theres a dip in it. ugh i might just stop and use a ball mouse til the mx1000 comes out.

ninethreeeleven said:
hows it holding up (I know this has been asked but this is a "overtime" issue, and it has been sometime since it has been answered)

Ahh, yes. I am just starting to notice a bit of fading where my fingers/palm touch the mouse. It seems that the red is wearing. Easy fix though, just another coat of red after a little prep and then a couple coats of clear.

As far as the paint goes, it's damn durable. No chips in it at all. Just the very slight wear in color depth.

STRESSTEST said:
Ahh, yes. I am just starting to notice a bit of fading where my fingers/palm touch the mouse. It seems that the red is wearing. Easy fix though, just another coat of red after a little prep and then a couple coats of clear.

As far as the paint goes, it's damn durable. No chips in it at all. Just the very slight wear in color depth.

So i take it that clearcoating is a MUST. Please fill us in on how you clearcoat. You are the [H]ardest paint master!

oh $h!T, nice paintjob, but i cant find metalic spray paint anywhere near me since theres no pepboys, walmart(even KMART and target), and napa within 30 miles and that sucks. oh well guess ill pay extra to order it online...ORrrr ill send you my WHOLE rig including the moniter to paint ;) :D

i just got mine done with bondo and the base has a coat of blue on right now. and in about 30 min ill sand the cover and put a coat on it.

so i need to clear coat it. hmm ill have to pick some up.

The clear coat is definitley a must. My mouse feels very nice and smooth still and there is no discoloration at all. The weird part is that the paint is still a little soft it seems. I can dig my nail into the clear coat a little bit which is kinda strange after several weeks of drying.

The green mouse I painted has no clear coat and its not as nice on the hands. Time to clear coat it!!

I painted my mouse with the same metalicast and same method as you did.

Do you expierence a build up of.. Gunk? Like near the thumb side underneath the back and forward buttons? Seems like residue from my fingers just gets into little.. build ups =\

i finished painting it...... it would sit in the cradle right because of the paint. now let me tell you there is big dents in the mouse from me jamming it in there...... looks like im going to have a ball mouse til the mx1000

Back