MW3 on xbox.

Sway

Limp Gawd
Thinking of picking up a used copy of mw3 for xbox off craigslist. Anyone who has it, did this game come with a online pass like many other games do?

Many xbox games these days come with a code that you must enter to play online. The code effectively locks the game to your account. If you resell the game someone must purchase a new online pass, usually though a ingame menu. Usually around 10 bucks or so.

Many xbox games these days come with a code that you must enter to play online. The code effectively locks the game to your account. If you resell the game someone must purchase a new online pass, usually though a ingame menu. Usually around 10 bucks or so.

I haven't seen this be the case for any modern warfare games.

mw3 is ok not great. i feel it possibly has the worst spawns in the history of gaming.
no way 2 people on the other team should spawn within knife reach of me team.
it goes both ways and is constant. Half the time you take 1 step and dead.

Last edited:
Meh I don't really need the game too much. Just want to know if I find a decent deal. I have a few buddies that play the game and would like to play with them once in a bit. They don't have the guts to play BF3 :(

CODMW3 does not come with any online pass or DLC. A second-hand copy has exactly the same content as a new version.

Of all the evils Activision does, screwing second-hand buyers isn't one of them.

Yeah I got it off craigslist for 40 this afternoon. I actually really enjoy kill confirmed mode.

mw3 is ok not great. i feel it possibly has the worst spawns in the history of gaming.
Sometimes I have feeling that I'm carrying enemy tactical insertion in my ass, because I got spawn knifed many times.

Most of my friends have gamefly'd it and so far we're enjoying it. It's definitely a ton of run-go-die but it's not broken in the same way that MW2 was with all the glitching. I don't like the maps as much as I did in MW2 but the core gameplay is MW2 + some nice revamps.

if I can find it for $30 I'm down, and no, there is no online pass required,

I did the buy 1 get one half off from amazon this week. Ended up getting both Skyrim and MW3 for 84 shipped.

MW3 so far and I am only like 30 minutes into the game is exactly like MW2. I would hold off on buying it, but if you do get it for 40 you can probably resell it for 25 for the next year.

I got many times spawn knifed and stuff (sometimes I just feel that I have enemy tactical insertion inserted in my ass) Still better than BO I was spawn killed/trapped in BO much more than in MW3 only problems I think are small maps like Dome where I just get killed 3-4 seconds after spawn. Nuketown in BO was even smaller map but not much chances to get that easily spawn killed. As a CoD fan I recommend MW3 as good MW2 mappack/DLC/update

There is no online pass you will have to buy like BF3 does.

MW3 is the most balanced and even CoD game as far as MP goes IMO. If you like MW1 or MW2, you will like MW3.

I am really enjoying MW3 for the PS3. Kill Confirmed is a nice addition. Unfortunately, I have to mute everybody every time I play because I don't want to listen to kids beat box the entire round.

Redbox is another great source for MW3. I've rented it before and it worked out great for a quick play though SP or a night with friends.

Just got to play it for the first time last night and Ive got to say its really not all that bad. This is coming from someone who considers themselves call of dutied out. Glad i didn't pay 60$ for it though kind of feels like a mappack.

That's the dumbest shit i've ever heard of in my life. I really miss the old days where you could even buy used PC games at EbGames... lol. I remember I bought Return to Castle Wolfenstein there used. These gaming companies don't give a shit anymore about the consumer, just money. You already pay for Xbox Live, and they want to make you pay more to play online just because you bought it used or from a friend? Bullshit. :mad:

There is no code for the game that locks it to your account. Never seen it in an Xbox game btw.

And, MW3 is like any other MW, just extra modes, customization, guns.

That is how they keep us buying. its an alright game, not near MW2 or MW imo

Back