MW2, No Dedicated Servers, PB, 9v9 limit, leaning, etc etc

A lot of people think that the guns should recoil more than they do. Most of these people have no idea what recoil is like on these weapons as they've never fired them, or even their civilian legal equivalents. They can't seem to grasp that some weapons don't recoil that much. The M4 carbine for example doesn't recoil all that much. The P90 recoils even less. I wouldn't say the recoil in the game is spot on or anything, but it is actually relatively close in some cases.

With that said, these weapons aren't accurately portrayed in most cases. What's usually wrong is the balance of the weapons. Ammunition capacities are off in some cases as well. Accuracy is screwy, etc.

Thank you Mr. Dan. This is spot on right here. If you guys need more realism in your military games there are sims out like Arma and Flashpoint. This game isn't meant to be like that if you couldn't tell. I mean predator missiles can't blow up a gas station, 100mm rounds can't damage a farm, exploding fuel tanks don't damage a juggernaught, and so on and so forth. Its a game. Have fun with it.

The high spec millitary weapons tend to have less movement when recoil occurs, if the weapon is well balanced and you grip it correctly then most of the recoil is straight back at you rather than making the muzzle bounce around.

Still recoil on someting like a Desert Eagle is enough to make you smack yourself in the forehead if you're not used to handling it :)

I played an hour on my friends PC a few nights back and to my surprise I quite enjoyed the game. Only played Deathmatch and Free for All though. Finding a game seemed easy and the pings were actually good, full mobile bars. Still, I'm standing by - no buy until dedicated server support (must be strong)

The high spec millitary weapons tend to have less movement when recoil occurs, if the weapon is well balanced and you grip it correctly then most of the recoil is straight back at you rather than making the muzzle bounce around.

Still recoil on someting like a Desert Eagle is enough to make you smack yourself in the forehead if you're not used to handling it :)

I have been dying to hold a Kriss .45

A lot of people think that the guns should recoil more than they do. Most of these people have no idea what recoil is like on these weapons as they've never fired them, or even their civilian legal equivalents. They can't seem to grasp that some weapons don't recoil that much. The M4 carbine for example doesn't recoil all that much. The P90 recoils even less. I wouldn't say the recoil in the game is spot on or anything, but it is actually relatively close in some cases.

With that said, these weapons aren't accurately portrayed in most cases. What's usually wrong is the balance of the weapons. Ammunition capacities are off in some cases as well. Accuracy is screwy, etc.

>implying the guns in the game have recoil in the first place

Regardless of how the real life weapons operate, a lot of people relate recoil and sound to power. How a weapon reacts on screen and sounds in the game environment has a large affect on how people feel about the weapon behavior. This is not a weapon simulator, its a video game, people firing some of the more powerful weapons expect to "feel" it when the pull the virtual trigger to blow a hole in someone. When using some of the higher powered weapons with less recoil, a lot of people will complain that the weapon needs more recoil.

A good example of how to this properly (or not) is to play Reistance 2 and Killzone 2 (both console games, but anyway...). Resistance 2 has some great weapons with a lot of killing power, however almost every single one of them feels like a limp dick when you shoot them in the game. Does not really matter that you just blew 3 people into mist, it certain does not feel exciting.

Then play Killzone 2 and the weapons have an entire different feel. Even with some of the basic weapons, killing people feels downright savage due to how the weapons sound and react + how the targets react when you shoot them

How does it compare to Hera full auto glock?

I wouldn't know. I've never handled one. As for the Kriss I'll say that it is well designed and comfortable to hold. The ergonomics are pretty good but it takes getting used to. I've not shot one yet, but I will one of these days. In SBR form it's a neat little package which isn't much bigger than a full sized handgun when the stock is folded in. I hear the recoil is minimal as well. Though to be honest, I'd expect nothing less. .45ACP doesn't recoil all that badly from most handguns. Something as large as the Kriss shouldn't recoil much at all. Glock 21 magazines are cheap and plentiful, so that's another thing going for the Kriss.

>implying the guns in the game have recoil in the first place

They do. Haven't you seen how the muzzle climbs in full automatic firing? I'm not saying the recoil is accurately portrayed on all the weapons because it isn't. It isn't non-existent though.

I played it and could spray every gun in the game accurately without having to worry about recoil.

My gripe with the PS3 version: REGISTER THE DAMNED BULLETS WHEN I FIRE THEM! I pop 3 shots into the chest of an enemy, and they dont even register, giving him time to turn around and wtfpwn me in the face with a shotty.

Ya that just sounds like p2p lag to me....

This is one other aspects why P2P is terrible. One person on the server will always have an amazing ping, while everyone else is humping his upload speed...

Eh i have not had that much problem with it. I'm not saying its not rare to have some matches where your ping is down in the crapper but most of the time for me its decent. Keep in mind I'm 95% i probably have a crappier internet than most of the people complaining about it.

Eh i have not had that much problem with it. I'm not saying its not rare to have some matches where your ping is down in the crapper but most of the time for me its decent.
You can't really judge the game's multiplayer just on these couple weeks - as everyone is playing it atm and there will be a higher density of fat pipes amongst the playerbase. Once the novelty wears off for the non CoD players and they go back to their games like CS:S etc, the overall quality of the multiplayer will dip due to less high bandwidth hosts available.

Eventually once the game's population drops enough you will have a hard time finding acceptable multiplayer games. Whereas with a game that supports dedicated servers, like CoD4 or CS:S it doesn't matter how old the game is or how many people still play - chances are you will find many dedicated servers with great performance to play on.

They do. Haven't you seen how the muzzle climbs in full automatic firing? I'm not saying the recoil is accurately portrayed on all the weapons because it isn't. It isn't non-existent though.

It's pretty non-existent compared to other games like Bad Company 2 though.

It's pretty non-existent compared to other games like Bad Company 2 though.

As I said, I think people expect too much recoil from some of the weapons in these games. The truth is that most firearms don't recoil all that badly. I don't know about Bad Company 2, but the recoil in that game may be over stated. I'd have to play it to compare it to actual shooting experiences.

you're surely not suggesting that Modern Warfare 2 has dedicated servers, are you good sir?

Of course not. You said: "if you are playing MP you are playing p2p." You made no mention of a particular game. I assumed you meant all MP was p2p. An easy assumption to make with the number of MW2 apologists and defenders running around. My bad if you were referring to MW2 in particular. :)

Well, all the protesters do have to admit, they eliminated cracked servers and online gaming with illegal copies.

It's not possible to play this game online, and Hamachi does not count, it's as good as useless.

Well, all the protesters do have to admit, they eliminated cracked servers and online gaming with illegal copies.

It's not possible to play this game online, and Hamachi does not count, it's as good as useless.

They eliminated cracked servers because there are no servers to begin with, somewhat of a hollow victory.

In the end they screwed over people playing on over 14,000 legit servers in order to eliminate a handful of people playing on 100 or so cracked servers. That's what you call cutting off your nose to spite your face,

And as for the last point, it is very possible to still play online with other cracked copies, and the game was pirated into oblivion for the single player campaign to boot :rolleyes:

And as for the last point, it is very possible to still play online with other cracked copies, and the game was pirated into oblivion for the single player campaign to boot :rolleyes:

No it's not possible to play it, and hamachi does not count.

Yeah...it is. :rolleyes:

It is NOT!

It was possible to play on IWNET when the game got released, but then they patched it, game over.

Tell us please, how is it possible to play the multiplayer with other players? real MP, not that coop garbage.

Game is trash.. everyone I know is selling there steam account for 30.00 lol

you cant even pub the game without major lag and frame glitching LOL TRASSSSSSSHHHHHHH

It is NOT!

It was possible to play on IWNET when the game got released, but then they patched it, game over.

Tell us please, how is it possible to play the multiplayer with other players? real MP, not that coop garbage.

Yeah they patched it so it was not possible to play with other legit players on IWNET seeing as how they are on a different version now. It is still possible to play with other people using the same pirated version :rolleyes:

seriously at this point, does anyone who hasn't played MW2 care about it anymore? cracked or not?

Yeah they patched it so it was not possible to play with other legit players on IWNET seeing as how they are on a different version now. It is still possible to play with other people using the same pirated version :rolleyes:

Don't forget the dedicated server hack.

seriously at this point, does anyone who hasn't played MW2 care about it anymore? cracked or not?

No I wish we could lock/delete all mw2 related threads and move on with our lives lol....

We have already determined its a horrible game, lets move on.

Yes i care aout it. i didn't crack it, pirate it or buy it retail for that matter and I would still love too buy it IF THEY ADDED DEDICATED SERVERS. then and only then will I touch this game. So ya, I stillc are and I still follow news about it hoping IW gives the pc gamers what they deserve.

Sigh..... cracked game owners cannot host the game. And you will be VERY lucky to find a legit 59 version owner.

Don't forget the dedicated server hack.

lol at this, that server "hack" is useless, it's for spec-ops.

http://www.teknogods.com/?p=239

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the missing screens, it’s a rather difficult time for me, I only have 1-2 hours per day to work on MW2. I’ve decided to give a more frequent updates to cool down the hype (our server died on Monday) :)

First, some good news!

* Getting more than 18 players might be possible.
* We have a new interesting input from our forum member: Shozokui. Good job!
* Stats/Exp might be saved.
* Screen… it shows a custom console, it’s missing some features but it’s not my priority at the moment. Behind you can get a glimpse of the settings available in the loader. Part that needs some work the most is the MultiPlayer Client mode.
workspace1_thumb

And the bad news:

* Due to my limited time I cannot guarantee any ETA. Like Reaver said in the interview, we’re also reverse-engineering/programming at work, and we cannot just sit in front of the computer 24/7 doing the same thing.
* Most likely joining already running game might be impossible (map rotation thread will bring all the players back to lobby before next map). But never say never!

Things to do:

* High priority: Make very stable steam handling code (our team member Keb might help on getting this one done).
* High priority: Make 100% correct connect functionality for the client. Less hardcore hacking = the better.
* High priority: Finish Dedicated server feature.
* Medium priority: Disable Direct3d rendering while in dedicated server mode.
* Medium priority: Dedicated server admin commands
* Low priority: Removal of the max clients limit.
* Low priority: Custom console command suggestion box and text colors.
* Low priority: Server browser.

Its obscene to think that IW patched the game and prevented hackers from getting on to think that the hackers wont just release a patch themselves. Because they have.

It was just a speedbump.

I know nobody cares, but I was just accused of hacking because I got the first kill with a throwing knife on highrise. Obviously completely random, but fucking hilarious. I just lobbed it across the map towards where the villains normally rush. Obv needed a lot of luck though. I hate those knives and keep forgetting to take them off one of my classes. Ah well, I feel complete now.

The game is seriously boring. I forgot about MW2 as soon L4D2 came out, it's 100 times more fun.

It's the hype around the game and the marketing that gets on my nerves, you'd think this game was the best thing since sliced bread. In reality (on the PC) the game failed to match up to CoD 4 on virtually every level.

I won't forget IW and Activisions sticking two fingers up at PC gamers, I have a memory like an elephant.

Last edited:
Back