MW2, No Dedicated Servers, PB, 9v9 limit, leaning, etc etc

The game is seriously boring. I forgot about MW2 as soon L4D2 came out, it's 100 times more fun.

It's the hype around the game and the marketing that gets on my nerves, you'd think this game was the best thing since sliced bread. In reality (on the PC) the game failed to match up to CoD 4 on virtually every level.

I won't forget IW and Activisions sticking two fingers up at PC gamers, I have a memory like an elephant.

I agree with this.. although I did get it on console...

Got my first nuke last night. Domination on rundown (with the 3 bridges, night time map).

Harriers at 7, then the chopper gunner at 11. I was 31-0 when I got out of the gunner. That thing is ridiculous. Got out of chopper, then nuked, game over.

I've been nuked on Rundown as well. I thought it was a little unfortunate because when the guy got the gunner, my team only had point C in our control, so we were all spawning at the big building near C which has no entrances so we couldn't go indoors. We were basically sitting ducks and the enemy got 10-15 kills on us just like that. Also, no one in my team used anti aircraft weapons. Now I make sure I have a class with cold blooded and a Javelin at all times so that I can switch when an enemy calls in air support. I do agree that the chopper gunner is pretty insane though... I think I managed 10-12 kills on the Terminal map, which is mostly indoors save for the glass ceilings. That was just crazy.

The indoors area of Terminal is very deceiving. You're rarely ever safe from air support in that map. It seems like everyone I know is always talking about getting nukes or being nuked while playing domination. I usually only play TDM because I don't have a mic (in transit via Amazon now, woot!).

The indoors area of Terminal is very deceiving. You're rarely ever safe from air support in that map. It seems like everyone I know is always talking about getting nukes or being nuked while playing domination. I usually only play TDM because I don't have a mic (in transit via Amazon now, woot!).

It's easy to camp, especially if you are protecting a point.

It happened weird for me...I just got a new desktop mic and I had kept moving it in the beginning. So I'd run, kill two people, go hide for a minute, creep around, etc. All of a sudden I had a harrier, then chopper gunner. I hid good and it was gunner time. That was the end of it.

Yea, the chopper gunner is ridiculously unfair on an open map, but that's their fault for not shooting me down ;)

Also, I really started using the throwing knives last night. Holy hell they are fun as shit! I made a lot of sweet kills.

Addressing the argument from a few weeks ago about there being no mod support.

I have always been a fan of the COD series and have played all of them in MP lot and lots. When people made arguments about how this game would be inferior, they always compared it to MW1. I always found the lack of custom maps and mods to be a hilarious argument and the reason is that any mod or custom map is few and far between when it comes to MW1 or WaW MP. Back in COD1 and 2, custom maps were very very widespread but you have to look hard for MW1 or WaW custom servers because 95% or more of them are base.

So if I was IW, my argument would have been, yes we are taking out a feature that no one uses. Is taking out something that no one will miss really that big a deal?

I won't forget IW and Activisions sticking two fingers up at PC gamers, I have a memory like an elephant.

Wait, you bought the game? Elephant memory is nothing without willpower to go with it.

It's easy to camp, especially if you are protecting a point.

It happened weird for me...I just got a new desktop mic and I had kept moving it in the beginning. So I'd run, kill two people, go hide for a minute, creep around, etc. All of a sudden I had a harrier, then chopper gunner. I hid good and it was gunner time. That was the end of it.

Yea, the chopper gunner is ridiculously unfair on an open map, but that's their fault for not shooting me down ;)

Also, I really started using the throwing knives last night. Holy hell they are fun as shit! I made a lot of sweet kills.

Knives are great for sweet kills but I really don't think of them as anything beyond a novelty.

Speaking of chopper gunner, I just played 3 rounds and got one all 3 times, and my team still freaking lost every match. How disappointing! I think my new favorite class is SCAR-H (Heartbeat Sensor) with Akimbo Rangers, Semtex and Flash Grenades, Sleight of Hand, Stopping Power, and Ninja.

Addressing the argument from a few weeks ago about there being no mod support.

I have always been a fan of the COD series and have played all of them in MP lot and lots. When people made arguments about how this game would be inferior, they always compared it to MW1. I always found the lack of custom maps and mods to be a hilarious argument and the reason is that any mod or custom map is few and far between when it comes to MW1 or WaW MP. Back in COD1 and 2, custom maps were very very widespread but you have to look hard for MW1 or WaW custom servers because 95% or more of them are base.

So if I was IW, my argument would have been, yes we are taking out a feature that no one uses. Is taking out something that no one will miss really that big a deal?

You do realize that IW really didn't release much in the way of tools to actually make mods in MW1? I know most of the modders who heavily modded COD1 and 2 and UO couldn't pull off the same things in MW1 with the tools provided.

And the mods that were out there like Xtreme Warfare, IW took from to add to MW2 like the nuke and a couple other perks and killstreaks.

The indoors area of Terminal is very deceiving. You're rarely ever safe from air support in that map.

Actually there are quite a few places in Terminal where you can hide from air support. There's a room right next to point A which is safe... there's a counter near point C which is also safe. That small room with stairs on the outside. I guess being inside the aircraft is also safe. Then the area between A and C, where all the metal detectors are... People rarely go there. It's the best place on the map to hide if you get an AC130 or chopper gunner.

You do realize that IW really didn't release much in the way of tools to actually make mods in MW1? I know most of the modders who heavily modded COD1 and 2 and UO couldn't pull off the same things in MW1 with the tools provided.

No I did not know that but that would explain why I have to play the same crappy IW maps over and over again. UO had the best maps and it seems as the series has progressed, the maps have gotten worse.

All this stuff about about harriers and chopper gunners and all this other crap are NOTHING new for PC. All that fun can be had REGULARLY on Battlefield 2 servers. While COD as a franchise has better infantry play, BF has decent infantry but also has tanks, choppers, airplanes, artillery, enemy boats in the middle of a desert, etc.

If you have it, install it and play it and remember why BF (like CS) is still after all these years an extremely popular and heavily played game. If you dont have it, BF2 is now $10 at Best Buy. Buy install it, love it.

gogogogogogo!

Wait, you bought the game? Elephant memory is nothing without willpower to go with it.

No, I didn't. I've played it on my mates machine though, fun at first but the novelty soon wears off and the cold realisation hits home fast.

Willpower is a strong point with me to the point of being obstinate

No, I didn't. I've played it on my mates machine though, fun at first but the novelty soon wears off and the cold realisation hits home fast.

Willpower is a strong point with me to the point of being obstinate

Then I apologize to you, but not your friend ;)

is there a thread for MW2 gameplay conversations that's not revolved around bashing the game?
I wanna talk about gameplay stories, strategies, and things like that without the whole
bash-on-infinity-ward tone

is there a thread for MW2 gameplay conversations that's not revolved around bashing the game?
I wanna talk about gameplay stories, strategies, and things like that without the whole

My suggestion, find a game that doesn't suck to talk about. ;)

Well from what I have read, go with the knife since you are invincible during the knife animation and also it is usable immediately after a sprint unlike the guns. The other option is the old style shotguns which can be dual wielded since they are extremely accurate and have just as good of a range as the assault rifles.

this thread was started with the intent of avoiding all the bashing, but as you can see the bitch-fest begins with the first reply. it surprises me that MW2 has emasculated the PC community like this. the amount of bitching is absurd.

I saw on the Iw forums that a lot of users are getting notices from their ISP's about running "servers" and are now limiting their connections. Glad I am patient and can wait for BFBC2 as that game will be super bad ass.

I saw on the Iw forums that a lot of users are getting notices from their ISP's about running "servers" and are now limiting their connections. Glad I am patient and can wait for BFBC2 as that game will be super bad ass.

Good info to know. Glad I passed on this turd.

Is this one of those incidents where it happens to one person and then hysteria follows? The Xbox and the Playstation networks have been doing this for the past 5 years. I do not believe for one second that the ISPs are now just cracking down on game servers.

Is this one of those incidents where it happens to one person and then hysteria follows? The Xbox and the Playstation networks have been doing this for the past 5 years. I do not believe for one second that the ISPs are now just cracking down on game servers.

Agree. Its probably just another futile attempt at pushing IW to include dedicated server support, which isn't going to happen.

Actually, ISPs did clamp down on the console traffic way back in the day when multiplayer began taking off on them - but Microsoft and Sony had their team of lobbyists which lobbied the ISPs to put console traffic on their "exclusion" lists and god knows what other shady deals. Also due to the locked hardware their packet definitions are easily detectable by ISPs.

However, the PC platform is an open platform, so there is no one who is lobbying for it - and additionally ISPs can't differentiate between gaming and non-gaming packets.

I read a couple of those threads, the ISPs weren't bitching about the server per se but the frequency at which the user was transmitting data to multiple IP addresses, which is how game servers perform. Their heuristics apps will probably think it's some kind of worm or virus.

Nooo, my friend has bought me MW2 for Xmas. What do I do? Sell it, play it, be rude and say I don't want it. What a dilemma! I think he expects me to play with him, I guess I didn't explain my stance on the game

So what's this unlimited ammo and no reload glitch I'm hearing about?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

MW2 is dead, the hackers are killing the game, funny part is if the game had dedicated servers it would not matter.

Nooo, my friend has bought me MW2 for Xmas. What do I do? Sell it, play it, be rude and say I don't want it. What a dilemma! I think he expects me to play with him, I guess I didn't explain my stance on the game

Are you in need of a good doorstop?

MW2 is dead, the hackers are killing the game, funny part is if the game had dedicated servers it would not matter.

punkbuster would be nice. it would catch a lot of those things. VAC just randomly bans 3 weeks later.
Also, having admins that could kick people do make it matter.

I still have a ton of fun playing this game, though, I play with a group of people (about 6) almost every night. That's what makes it fun for me.

If you got it for free I'd go ahead and play it. The game isn't as horrible as you might imagine. Its actually fun, but the multiplayer isn't nearly as good as it was in Call of Duty 4.

Yeah, I have to keep getting out of games to avoid hackers. They are selling these game hacks with Ban Evasion.. hell its probably IW selling the hacks to make more $ lol. Without the hacking the game is fairly fun but when Bad Company 2 comes out I will probably stop playing this one.

So what's this unlimited ammo and no reload glitch I'm hearing about?

There's XBox360 glitch, not sure about PC. If someone hacks their game for unlimited ammo, then when you join their private game your game syncs settings with theirs so you get unlimited ammo too. And that propagates to all people who join your games later, so it looks like a virus. :)
This setting stays until you restart your XBox.

There's XBox360 glitch, not sure about PC. If someone hacks their game for unlimited ammo, then when you join their private game your game syncs settings with theirs so you get unlimited ammo too. And that propagates to all people who join your games later, so it looks like a virus. :)
This setting stays until you restart your XBox.

The glitch/mod is on PC too.

I got into a game a couple days ago and everyone was auto launching noob tubes and RPGs. It was fucking gay.

Agree. Its probably just another futile attempt at pushing IW to include dedicated server support, which isn't going to happen.

That will only bite themselves in teh ass. Bfbc2 is gonna piss all over iw's party in a bad way and i cant wait for it to happen. battlefield looks to be the only true pc fps left :(

That will only bite themselves in teh ass. Bfbc2 is gonna piss all over iw's party in a bad way and i cant wait for it to happen. battlefield looks to be the only true pc fps left :(

Game sales have already been made. What party is there to piss in?

That is hilarious- IW is going to be sitting back and laughing their butts off while still counting all their money in March. I guarantee you that BC2 will not even come close to the sales of MW2.

That is hilarious- IW is going to be sitting back and laughing their butts off while still counting all their money in March. I guarantee you that BC2 will not even come close to the sales of MW2.

QFT, as much as I hate to say it.

Back