MW2, No Dedicated Servers, PB, 9v9 limit, leaning, etc etc

i've played the PS3 and PC versions of the first game and the PC version looked 10 times better. The PS3 game looked like crap.

resolution and anti aliasing makes a huge difference.

yeah, it does.
I never noticed until I decided to bump the settings way up one day.

Felt like it was a xbox game being ran on the pc. Straight port. Purest port i have ever seen. Only thing they added was mouse and keyboard options with video settings.

Don't forget TEXT CHAT!!!!

I've been hearing that this game is actually 6 vs 6 and only 9 vs 9 in certain game modes. That's gotta suck pretty hard.

Just a quick question. If someone needed to get kicked out from a game can only the host kick them? Or can we vote to kick the player out?

I've been hearing that this game is actually 6 vs 6 and only 9 vs 9 in certain game modes. That's gotta suck pretty hard.

Jesus this game just gets worse and worse.

Just a quick question. If someone needed to get kicked out from a game can only the host kick them? Or can we vote to kick the player out?

votekick is abused too much. That's why most dedicated servers I frequent disable it.

I expect the same to be true of the P2P system.

They already stated you wont be able to kick or ban anyone....... So you get someone causing problems or a hacker or something, you have the choice of dealing with them or starting a new game Id guess?

They already stated you wont be able to kick or ban anyone....... So you get someone causing problems or a hacker or something, you have the choice of dealing with them or starting a new game Id guess?

Hackers/Cheaters probably get banned somehow, eventually, maybe?? I don't know. And I bet TK'ers are auto-booted after a certain number of TKs. Probably 2 or 3.

jesus christ, over here in the UK they are advertising it as if its some sort of oscar winning blockbuster movie. There was a freaking PREMIER LAUNCH at leicester SQUARE last night just like a movie premier!!

jesus christ, over here in the UK they are advertising it as if its some sort of oscar winning blockbuster movie. There was a freaking PREMIER LAUNCH at leicester SQUARE last night just like a movie premier!!

Biggest entertainment launch of the year. Or so I hear. ;)

Hahahahhahaha. I can't believe I payed $63 for this piece of shit game. I'm so pissed right now. Its seriously awful when compared to CoD4.

uh? NO.......

umm YES. like i said, over here in teh UK their was a special PREMIER where some of the actors from the game showed up in walking in a red carpet. how fucking lame.

i love my games but i dont LOVE games that bad enough to que up and shit and a premier of the fucking launch of a GAME.

edit: anotehr thing. last night. only 8000 players where playing this game online and it later dropped to 1500. LOL

That just goes to show you that PC is an after thought, a sideshow.

Prolly just best to forget this game ever existed and wait for the next big game.

Agreed, there are too many things wrong with the game to like it no matter how hard you try.

Wow, not only are the gun sounds still as shitty as all the previous releases, but it looks like the same fucking game.

I kind of got the same feeling, it's the same game reskinned, just port guns and maps to CoD4 and it's absolutely the same, except MW2 is ruined.

Watched the stream last night, 6vs6 felt really empty, it just was not enough, it should've been 12vs12, 24 players would be just right.

I doubt they will ever be correcting or patching any of their mistakes though.

It was on BBC News this morning. Big premier, red carpet and Z list stars. They mentioned the game will sell 10 million + copies before Xmas. Of course the news picked up on level 3 in the airport where you shoot civilians and the 'controversy' that surrounds it.

I was in the local PX here in Korea trying to find something else to play and what should I come across, but MW2. I picked up the game, it was almost too much, like the forbidden fruit. I looked at the back of the box and saw the IWNet crap on there and thought to myself, come on it cant really be that bad. Than I thought of all my posting on IWs forums and how much I wasnt going to buy this craptastic game. How bad I would feel for buying it and tried to rationalize it to myself that I would "review" it for myself and others on here. Than, like my head coming out of the clouds, I put it back down and walked away. No buyers remorse for this PC gamer.

I LOVED MOH:AA. It was the best game I played at the time, multiplayer was great too. I really hope EA doesn't fuck this up like they usuall do.

ironic thing is allied assault was developed by most of the guys who would later go on to become infinity ward.

p2p FTL :eek: -from iw forum

dayone.png

Last edited:
Has anyone who played this game notice the similarities between the wasteland map & the COD1/2 Map.

it's exactly the same, but with helicpoters and houses and stuff littering the whole place.

Mobile bars to show pings is fucking dreadful. IW have said 100ms pings play fine, I beg to differ and you can't even tell anymore.

xbox 360 users were too dumb to figure out what 100 ms meant, so they just put in some colored bars so the apes could tell if the game was laggy or not.

I pre-ordered on Steam and can't unlock the game until FRIDAY.

Thanks for nothing Activision and Steam.......

that screenshot sums it up. even worse than l4d's matchmaking was...at least in l4d there were SOME dedicated servers floating around. when is the bastardization of PC gaming gonna end?

I havent bought a game at release in over a year now...I havent bought anything outside of indie games or ridiculous deals on steam... I dont see that changing any time soon...

Back