MW2, No Dedicated Servers, PB, 9v9 limit, leaning, etc etc

I couldn't put it past them, why I made my other post on this earlier

samuel_L_Jackson.gif

Last edited:
and COD officially dies as a PC franchise....thank god. leave the rubbish on consoles.

CoD series is not even that good. its overrated..

I was hopping to see some change for MW2, but I guess I give up...

they blow their product up... they ain't getting single penny from me...

Don't worry fellas I'm sure Mech Warrior will more than make up for this loss

I don't understand. CoD4 held above the $40 price point(atleast in my area) for the longest, which I assumed was because of the successfulness of its multiplayer. Now suddenly they say no dedicated servers for MW2?

Seriously WTF did you guys do to IW to make them do this to PC?!

Guess I'm not a "hardcore gamer" as I could care less. Still waiting for some awesome MWII multiplayer.

And 300 ping sucks, Trust me. I played like that back when I had a 56k. Seems we have come full circle.

Yep, nothing like having to learn how to lead shock rifle and ripper shots back in UT99 when playing online on 56k.

CoD series is not even that good. its overrated..

I was hopping to see some change for MW2, but I guess I give up...

they blow their product up... they ain't getting single penny from me...

Yup, and same here... I played cod4 when I wanted better graphics than cs:s LOL. That was about all it had going for it. With the multiplayer neutered and game overproced at $60, they now get nothing from me.

At least in this Bash interview the interviewers mirror my sentiments. They are truly stunned like I am. Whether the game is good or shitty, I have a feeling it'll break records, and this is a big "fuck you" to PC gamers whether you planned to play or not.

Ya know, if you'd asked me an hour ago, I would have told you that there was nothing that would have kept me from buying MW2 on day one. I couldn't even imagine a design choice this stupid.

Even though there seems to be a sudden hate for the franchise I have always loved the COD series and especially MW1 which I play weekly but I cant imagine playing this without dedicated servers and a server list so I can visit my favorites.

I have it pre-orderd but will most likely cancel if they don't clear up where the PC version is heading. Its like there punishing those that will go out and buy this thing but crap like this is exactly what might drive those same buyers to pirate this this instead of buying it as they wont get any enjoyment out of the multiplayer if its heading down this restricted road.

Listening to this 402 guy he doesn't seem to be a knowledgeable about the pc gaming side of the game.

{edit}

But we can proabably anticipate that day 1 release of patch 1.01 will include dedicated server files.

Last edited:
I'm at least glad they are asking questions I would ask, but he (402) has skirted around all of them or just has no clue.

no dedicated support no steelbook no prestige edition (like i care) dumbed down gameplay for 12yr olds featuring health regeneration heartbeat sensors and zero recoil 7.62mm rifles ( just watch the latest official mp videos ) semtex grenades to rival halo's sticky ones and same old shitty graphics engine, I will not even bother pirating this POS unless someone pays me 200$>= to play it.

no dedicated support no steelbook no prestige edition (like i care) dumbed down gameplay for 12yr olds featuring health regeneration heartbeat sensors and zero recoil 7.62mm rifles ( just watch the latest official mp videos ) semtex grenades to rival halo's sticky ones and same old shitty graphics engine, I will not even bother pirating this POS unless someone pays me 200$>= to play it.

Best Post of the Week.

LOL, console game gets console mp system....been going that way since cod2. They can stick this right up their ass, gonna be amusing to see their pr response. 402 in a ustream said it was done to make it "more accessible", apparently pc users are all window lickers that can't figure out how to use a method of connecting to servers thats been around years now... He also said it was a decision that was made early on, so its something theyve been hiding untill now becuase they knew of the backlash.

I keep getting the vibe that they want anyone to jump into a server and kill ANYONE. That just isn't how FPS works. If I'm better than you, you'll die to me, a lot. There shouldn't be a compensation for lack of skill straight out of the box. So then this leads to all this crap...

Not to mention I like playing with the same groups of people all the time. When I played CS back in the day, i had a few servers I would almost always play on, and I knew the people who played on them and they knew me. We had alot of good times together. Chatted it up in IRC, shot the shit on the forums, and even talked about the rest of our lives. we had a real community. This is now impossible.

I know some will say there's no conspiracy but whatever. My take is simple, if in fact this is true, it has been done with intentional consequences. They know full well the PC gaming community EXPECTS (and rightfully so) full dedicated server support OUT OF THE FUCKING BOX. This is common knowledge to everyone in the industry. Let alone common knowledge to IW and Activision/Blizzard. How much money does AV/Blizz make off WoW subs again? A complete PC game ONLY. Ya uh please don't hand me any nonsense about this. If in fact they don't have dedicated servers from day 1 then it's a first in the COD series EVER on the PC. The only reason they would do this is because of piracy and for an easy excuse to drop the PC from this franshise forever the next time out. Yes it will increase piracy on this game and yes the know it and the will use that against us in the argument for not making another PC port of COD ever. It will be the chicken and the egg symdrome. Community will say well you fucked us with no servers so we stole it and the ones that didn't who bought it are far and few between. They will of course say they dropped the PC because MW 2 was pirated to hell and back.

My feeling is they know piracy for this game will be high regardless of the genuine sales and they don't like it. The only way to keep it from getting pirated next time is not to make a pc version. They probably figure alof of the PC COD people will just pick up a console version next time and to a certain extent they are right. The die hards like alot of us will just SAY will are going to boycottt IW and Act/Blizz forever and move on. The end.

My 2 cents.

Just an an aside. I know piracy is alive and well on the consoles too and so do they. The piracy on the consoles, percentage wise, pales in comparsion to the PC, period.

This, mark my words.

They won't be able to fool me, because people are voiceing their opinions, like we are, about how this will increase piracy, BEFORE the game has been released. If they try and use that excuse for FUD, then man do they have another thing coming.

This, mark my words.

They won't be able to fool me, because people are voiceing their opinions, like we are, about how this will increase piracy, BEFORE the game has been released. If they try and use that excuse for FUD, then man do they have another thing coming.

I was just talking to a few of my clan mates and I have to tell you if there are no dedi servers from day 1 or at the very least confirmed and planned in a patch VERY soon there after we WILL NOT be buying this game. I will not pirate it either since I can't condone that. I will vote with my wallet. they can kiss my ass this is pure bullshit. They know the PC gaming community won't deal with p2p junk for a major title like this they aren't fucking stupid they know better.

I have the pc version pre ordered and I will not be buying this unless they add dedicated servers. They can kiss my ass pure and simple. I know they are doing this because of piracy but I don't give a shit, I buy my games and they are kicking every adult who buys games here in the ass. Yes I'm pretty pissed, fuck em.

If you think piracy amongst juveniles is the cause of this, you are mistaken. The majority of game pirates are not going to be under 18. Most people this age can't even figure out how to unrar an archive and mount an iso. Console gaming, not the pc market, is more prominent amongst people under 18 anyway.

If you think piracy amongst juveniles is the cause of this, you are mistaken. The majority of game pirates are not going to be under 18. Most people this age can't even figure out how to unrar an archive and mount an iso. Console gaming, not the pc market, is more prominent amongst people under 18 anyway.

I think you are the one misinformed and mistaken my friend. A few months after the launch of COD4 IW commented directly regarding the piracy on the PC and they weren't happy to say the least. It went something like while the sales of COD4 are good across all platforms we took note of something distrubing. They looked at the number of PC players playing MP and that was a great number until they realized how many people were playing hacked versions of their game and on hacked servers. They never published exact numbers but they eluded to the fact that it was VERY high.

Now we all know everyone who pirates a copy of a game doesn't automatically translate into a lost sale but that's not how devs/publishers look at it. They use the lost sale excuse. In short they were basically saying while our sales numbers are good on PC they could have been and should have been better if not for piracy. So don't down play the effects of piracy when you have no idea what your talking about.

Doesn't make any sense - the game uses the same engine, same netcode - it's basically a god damn expansion pack. It's like they'd have to try to take out dedicated server support. Sounds like a political move - one which now completely cements my boycott. $60 was a kick in the nuts, but this is just stupid.

I'll rent it on the PS3.

Back