MW2 gameplay and strategies thread

Do you use Sleight of Hand Pro for quicker ADS? Does that affect snipers?

And what does sitrep do when sniping?

sitrep pro makes normal foot steps louder and ninja pro footsteps sound normal.

You guys are nuts, gotta keep it simple.

M4 with holo
M9 for secondary
Faster reload perk
Stopping power perk
Better hip fire perk

Frag nade / Flash nade

This setup literally gives you all the advantages of putting a threat down period.

You have a holo for faster target line up. You have better hip accuracy so if you're running you start to fire on the person (getting better accuracy than them) then you're bringing the sight up at the same time. = win. If you're bringing the sight up even faster with the perk you're going to get even more accurate again faster than your opponent.

After that you've got stopping power to increase the damage and fast reload for when you're done putting your target down. Last thing you want is to reload (other targets will knows when you're reloading) and have them come get you. IF you have this perk it offsets and f's up their timing for your reload.

Finally if you're putting a guy down and you run out of ammo during the fight you want the fastest drawing secondary which I believe is the M9. This gun is great under fast fire and doesn't lose accuracy like the .45 will. I've also put down 3-4 people with a single magazine of this gun, which I can't say for anything else really.

Frag nade explains itself and I prefer flash to stun because I've definitely whipped my mouse around in a stunned state and still killed lots of baddies.

Just my .02. This is going to be the best run and gun setup that you're going to find. Obviously it leaves much to be desired in terms of finding people and being cloaked from people. You're going to be loud, you're going to move alot, and you're going to kill alot.

I usually go about 30/10 with this setup.

Even though I am usually not at the top of the boards, my favorite class to use is my Riot shield class.

Riot Shield
Spaz-12 (with grip)
Marathon Pro
Lightweight
Commando Pro

Playing with my buddy in a party is so crazy. People just freak out and spray at me when they see me comming. Then my partner takes them out. I have gotten the 'crowd control' achievement thing way too many times to count. (Semtex grenades are my worst enemy)

Other then the riot shield my other favorite weapon is the FAL.

Add Blast Shield to that class and you are almost indestructible unless they get you from the sides/rear.

I'm usually an ACR or SCAR guy. Nothing special - Red dot sight, Marathon, Cold-blooded, Ninja Pro

but I'm falling in love w/ this setup -

M16 w/ ACOG
Sleight of Hand
Lightweight Pro
Ninja Pro...

You can quick-scope-snipe w/ the M16 and the sleight of hand perk much like those sweet snipe frag compilations I've seen on youtube.
Lightweight Pro allows you to aim quicker after running. Makes this a quick aim setup.

I'm nowhere near as quick and accurate as those snipers out there but three round burst helps make up for that.

You snipers should try this.
fun.

You guys are nuts, gotta keep it simple.

M4 with holo
M9 for secondary
Faster reload perk
Stopping power perk
Better hip fire perk

Frag nade / Flash nade

This setup literally gives you all the advantages of putting a threat down period.

Until I stun you and charge at you and stab you in the heart.

have you guys noticed a decrease in the hackers playing online?

Can't seem to avoid them :\

strategy i use to get nukes:

kill streaks equipped:
7 Kills - Harrier Strike
11 Kills - Chopper Gunner
25 Kills - Tactical Nuke

7 kill streaks aren't as frequent as the 5 kill Predator Missile, but they come along often enough. once you get to the 7 kill Harrier Strike and the chain begins it's fairly easy to keep it going.

once the 7 kill Harrier Strike is achieved:
before the Harrier Strike is called, find a position to lay prone and go unnoticed. once the Harrier Strike is called you can sit tight and hope it gets the next 4 kills, but i prefer to pop up from prone and take out low-risk targets (i.e. enemies with their backs to you, etc.). with the Harrier helping you 4 kills usually comes very quickly. go prone again before calling Chopper Gunner. the next 14 kills are pretty easily obtained with the Chopper Gunner (for the majority of maps).

the Harrier Strike can be replaced with the 7 Kill Attack Helicopter, but i've had better luck with the Harrier. this is what i've found to work best. interested in other people's strategies.

kill streaks equipped:
7 Kills - Harrier Strike
25 Kills - Tactical Nuke

7 kill streaks aren't as frequent as the 5 kill Predator Missile, but they come along often enough. once you get to the 7 kill Harrier Strike and the chain begins it's fairly easy to keep it going.

before the Harrier Strike is called, find a position to lay prone and go unnoticed. once the Harrier Strike is called you can sit tight and hope it gets the next 4 kills, but i prefer to pop up from prone and take out low-risk targets (i.e. enemies with their backs to you, etc.). with the Harrier helping you 4 kills usually comes very quickly. go prone again before calling Chopper Gunner. the next 14 kills are pretty easily obtained with the Chopper Gunner (for the majority of maps).

the Harrier Strike can be replaced with the 7 Kill Attack Helicopter, but i've had better luck with the Harrier. this is what i've found to work best. interested in other people's strategies.

I was always under the impression that kill streak kills did not count towards other kill streaks ie if you get 5 kills with harrier it does not count towards the 25 for Nuk?

Have I been led astray?

I was always under the impression that kill streak kills did not count towards other kill streaks ie if you get 5 kills with harrier it does not count towards the 25 for Nuk?

Have I been led astray?

indeed you have, kill streaks are cumulative :)

Have I been led astray?

The only ones that don't count are the ones from Care Packages...I just realized this a few days ago :).

I pretty much play with all weapons and combos available...they're all so good. I just never use the shield and light machine guns are my least used because they slow you down so much and I love to be mobile. I just keep swapping them all the time to unlock everything a bit at a time without sticking to one thing so I don't get bored of it.

I think my favorites have to be ACR with Sleight of Hand, Stopping Power, and Last Stand and P90 Akimbo with Marathon, Light Weight, and Steady Aim. I love just about all the assault rifles though.

I always use Semtex because sticking it to someone (especially someone with a shield) is so satisfying.

Have I been led astray?

carepackage killstreaks aren't counted but your own killstreak reward kills do count

*edit. way late on the answer...

^^^ hmm so guess I'll be getting rid of care package and changing to different kill streak :)

Thanks

kill streaks equipped:
7 Kills - Harrier Strike
25 Kills - Tactical Nuke

cool post. I never thought about starting the killstreak chain at 7 kills but it makes sense.
will try this tonight

hmm... going through the process of ranking up after prestige...

I have to say - I miss all my old stuff :<

ESPECIALLY ninja pro. I feel like friggin sasquatch hoofin around nice and loud so everyone knows I'm coming :\

hmm... going through the process of ranking up after prestige...

I have to say - I miss all my old stuff :<

ESPECIALLY ninja pro. I feel like friggin sasquatch hoofin around nice and loud so everyone knows I'm coming :\

:D same here, you feel like an elephant running around the map until you unlock ninja pro again.

i'm on my first prestige and decided to try out all the weapons i ignored the first time around. i can't believe i didn't discover the awesomeness of the Vector smg until now. at close range it's lethal, i'm even able to get the jump on the majority of akimbo 1887 users. at long range it's very accurate when burst firing. my new favorite weapon :)

also, they're nerfing akimbo 1887's in the next patch. thank god.

phew - about time they nerf'd those things.
too bad i never got to akimbo them myself :<

Vector is badass. But I'm wondering if there are any machine pistols that can do what the vector can.
PP2000 is a nice little machine pistol. It doesn't have the fire rate that the Vector does though.
TMP has a high fire rate but the bullet damage is weak. It's like shooting green peas. Plus it only has a 15 round capacity.
M93 Raffica is my personal favorite. - shoot, you can snipe with that thing.
But only 3 round bursts...

I gotta go back and mess around with the Vector.

ha - yea. I was reading a wiki page or something with MW2 weapons details and it referred to the Raffica as a "mini M16" lol.

too bad we can't get an ACOG on there :D

kill streaks equipped:
7 Kills - Harrier Strike
25 Kills - Tactical Nuke

I use this strategy from time to time. The only difference is that I use AC130 instead of the Chopper Gunner. AC130 is harder to shoot down.
The Harrier is like a sitting duck, only takes 1 stinger missile to shoot down.

I use this strategy from time to time. The only difference is that I use AC130 instead of the Chopper Gunner. AC130 is harder to shoot down.
The Harrier is like a sitting duck, only takes 1 stinger missile to shoot down.

i'm going to change it up tonight, like you've suggested. people are getting wiser and taking out my chopper gunner very quickly. i myself keep a custom class specifically for taking out aircraft: LMG + Stinger + Cold Blooded Pro. if someone calls in an aircraft i switch to this class the next time i die and take out their aircraft. i have yet to take down an AC130. two stinger missiles are not enough to get by the chaff/flare countermeasures. anyone have advice on taking down an AC130, other than waiting for someone else to waste their stingers on the countermeasures?

tonight i'll try Attack Helicopter + AC130 + Tactical Nuke and see if it works any better.

agreed that the AC130 is harder to shoot down but I also think it's harder to get kills / reload on the AC130.

I can just keep the chopper gunner spraying while I look around for cold-blooded bad guys as opposed to waiting a few seconds to reload like the AC130...

refresh my memory - what ammunition options are there on the AC130? I seem to only remember the big bada boom but I don't recall a machine gun or anything of the like...

agreed that the AC130 is harder to shoot down but I also think it's harder to get kills / reload on the AC130.

I can just keep the chopper gunner spraying while I look around for cold-blooded bad guys as opposed to waiting a few seconds to reload like the AC130...

refresh my memory - what ammunition options are there on the AC130? I seem to only remember the big bada boom but I don't recall a machine gun or anything of the like...

Yeah, you can switch guns with the AC130 ("20mm Gatling guns, 40mm cannons, and a 105mm howitzer") but I tend to stick with the "big bada boom".
So far, the only way I've seen an AC130 taken out is with teamwork, simultaneous stinger missiles.

hmm... definitely gonna try the AC130 route next time... not that 11 kill streaks are so common with me :\

I think it's bad when I'm at work and I'm waiting for the hours where I can go home and geek out and play this friggin game :<

chopper gunner is better than ac130, each stinger shot at the ac130 will decrease the time it is in the air. It is also easier to hide from it, but it does give some epic kills if you catch everyone respawning.

x2, about 3 more hours until the geeking out begins for me :D
lol. what do you usually play? I only play HC. I typically play S&D but I just started getting into headquarters.
Especially after going prestige, it's a good way to get my kill count up to unlock gun achievements.

my screen name is indokyne ... we should play sometime.
Maybe I should start an MW2 friends list to hopefully get some games going that don't have hackers and lame-o's...

chopper gunner is better than ac130, each stinger shot at the ac130 will decrease the time it is in the air..

This is interesting, first time I'm hearing of it. Do you have an article to back it up?
I still prefer it, but its good to know its weaknesses. Thanks.

this thread made me run out and buy a copy just now. i was kind of surprised how scarce pc copies were. had to hit 2 walmarts and a target to find 1 copy. and that was the last remaining copy at that store too. btw i got it for $30 with the bestbuy ad price match.

i love that there's a $30 loophole out there. Maybe it'll get people to ease up on the bashing and just enjoy the friggin game.

from CoD Wiki...
nothing really about decreasing air time w/ damage...

As compared to Chopper Gunner

* The AC-130 orbits the battlefield, providing a clear view of most of the map. Chopper Gunner has an AI pilot who moves the craft around to expose enemies.
* The AC-130 can shoot down enemy helicopters, Pave Lows and Harriers. Chopper Gunners can as well.
* The AC-130 can evade guided missiles using up to two bursts of Angel Flares, Though watch out they reload every ten seconds with another two Angel Flares. Chopper Gunner is more vulnerable with only one flare.
* The AC-130 is Immune to Bullet Damage from players. Chopper Gunner can be damaged/shot down by gun fire.
* The AC-130 can fire explosive shells thus giving it the limited ability to hit enemies in cover if the explosion can reach them. However, these rounds have a rather long reload time, making it necessary to switch weapons when one needs reloading. Like Chopper Gunner, AC-130 rounds will travel through some thin materials. Chopper Gunner however, lacks the 105mm and 40mm and only uses 25mm rounds which have a small explosive radius.
* The three different weapons on the AC-130 have different zoom effects, while Chopper Gunner has a fixed zoom.
* The AC-130 appears to actually fire where ever the user aims. Chopper Gunner has some limited aim assist.
* The AC-130's weapons have a noticeable flight time between firing and hitting the ground therefore moving targets must be led. Chopper Gunner fires at an extremely high rate of fire with very fast rounds and given its aim assist leading is not really required.
* The AC-130 can be called in as long as no other AC-130 is aloft. Chopper Gunner requires the airspace to be clear of all other attack helicopters (Care Package Little Birds don't matter) before launching.
* The AC-130 remains in the air for a shorter period of time than Chopper Gunner.

Because of all the assistance the Chopper Gunner provides, it is generally considered easier to use than the AC-130, which requires some finesse. The AC-130, however, is slightly more durable as it is equipped with more flares and travels in a high, wide orbit making it harder to see and thus shoot down.

my screen name is indokyne ... we should play sometime.
Maybe I should start an MW2 friends list to hopefully get some games going that don't have hackers and lame-o's...

responded to the MW2 SteamID thread. add me on steam.

this thread made me run out and buy a copy just now. i was kind of surprised how scarce pc copies were. had to hit 2 walmarts and a target to find 1 copy. and that was the last remaining copy at that store too. btw i got it for $30 with the bestbuy ad price match.

$30 is a steal for this game. i've already logged 7 hours in SP and 120+ hours in MP.

i love that there's a $30 loophole out there. Maybe it'll get people to ease up on the bashing and just enjoy the friggin game.

indeed.

moar win than 1887's ??!!

ha well i don't consider the 1887's because they are so damn cheap. they're better now that they have been nerfed but still cheap.

also, i've settled on Harrier + Chopper Gunner + Tactical Nuke as the best killstreaks for nukes, at least for me. i tried Attack Helicopter + AC130 + Nuke, but had no luck.

just had some dipshit accuse me of aimbotting for an entire round. every time i would kill him he would make some irrational comment like "they're going to find out about your hacking and ban you"...or "nice hack". this is not me bragging, because i finished the round with something like 19 kills and 16 deaths. i'm just ranting about how ridiculous it is that people can't handle being killed. it's obvious this guy has never witnessed an actual aimbotter.

looks like they patched the game finally! the 18's are weaker now because of reduced range! no lame dual shotgun super snipers. Hurray! The game appears to be hack free so get in a get a couple of days in before they come back!

ha well i don't consider the 1887's because they are so damn cheap. they're better now that they have been nerfed but still cheap.

also, i've settled on Harrier + Chopper Gunner + Tactical Nuke as the best killstreaks for nukes, at least for me. i tried Attack Helicopter + AC130 + Nuke, but had no luck.
+1 on harrier / gunner / nuke
definitely the route to take. First night trying that combo, I got my first two nukes.

looks like they patched the game finally! the 18's are weaker now because of reduced range! no lame dual shotgun super snipers. Hurray! The game appears to be hack free so get in a get a couple of days in before they come back!
really? What other fixes did they implement? link?

Back