MVN Contest - The Moosie Invite (It's On!)

roftranspo

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2006
In Honor of Moose getting the [H]ardDC'er of June, I bring you the :
moosieinvite.jpg

This one is for all of you new guys out there. This is the Moosie Invite. I want to get all of you new guys excited about folding and borging everything in sight. I am going to set the limit to under 10k in Folding@Home. CPU count is not a factor for this one since this race is about getting you out and borging your neighborhood. And there will be some sort awards for this (still working out details depending on our many sign up. more signup, better the prize). Remember though, this is all about winning or losing, its about going out and getting as much support for the team as you can (a little trash talk is encourage though :) keeps things exciting) So if you are interested, reply to this thread with your badge. If you need help with your badge, ask and I will help you out. :) We will be starting this on July 4th and will run till August 4th. So get in early :)
Dead line is 7pm PST

Official Rules:
1. You must be under 10k on July 4th (July 3rd 10pm (pst) update on hardfolding.com)
2. Winner will be the one with the most points acquired between july 4th and august 4th (the last update will be august 4th 10pm PST).
3. No machine limit. If you are losing, get to borging
4. Trash talking/chops/good nature fun is allowed and high encourage

The Race is ON....the Stats are here http://www.hardfolding.com/index.php?go=1020&tier=1

Prizes:
For First place:
Under 50k: A QuakeCon T-shirt from Moosie
Above 50k: This computer :
1.4 T-bird with 512mb ram
ATI Rage 128 All-in-Wonder
NIC
20GB HD
48x CD-ROM.
The case is an IBM uATX, the interior painted red with a 120mm Panaflow added up front and a 80mm Panaflow in back. The PSU is painted black and it has a CoolerMaster CoolDrive4 to monitor temperatures and fan RPM.

Optional Prize for Top 5:
Top 5 > 150k: They all will win a t-shirt.

LETS BORG PEOPLE

is it me, or is that moose puckering its lips, ready to be kissed? What is the invitation for :D
-oh sh1t, I think this may be construed as threadcrapping...

Can we set the beginning limit a bit higher, i've only been going for 10 days...

ND40oz said:
Can we set the beginning limit a bit higher, i've only been going for 10 days...
WOW...you are throwing up higher PPD then me....no wonder you have been skyrocketting....while i do want you racing and showing off what you got....i think you might be too much over kill for this contest...but i might just race you one on one :) Keep a look out for that ;)

Been on call to go out of town for work.... as such my laptops been sitting in its case by the door. No call so time to unpack and fold away :)

4DoorGTZ said:
Been on call to go out of town for work.... as such my laptops been sitting in its case by the door. No call so time to unpack and fold away :)
fold until the battery dies :) and you still got a couple days. Start points dont get locked in till july 4th.

roftranspo said:
WOW...you are throwing up higher PPD then me....no wonder you have been skyrocketting....while i do want you racing and showing off what you got....i think you might be too much over kill for this contest...but i might just race you one on one :) Keep a look out for that ;)

Bring it :p

Your overtake day is in 284 days by the way...

AtomicMoose said:
Nice....I like this new guy.
:p
dont worry...we will corrupt him too :) remember....i think you liked me in the beginning too :)

ND40oz said:
Bring it :p

Your overtake day is in 284 days by the way...

you are going to overtake me in 20 days, and I've been folding for almost 2 years

you son of a moose.

count me in. just last night finally put my quad to good use. 4 cores for now... might strategically borg as i see fit ;)

Who the fuck said you could run a contest? :D

On a side note, nice to see some new faces here. Particularly Asian Dub. I see you all over the forums, but not here. Good to see ya folding, wear the badge proudly.

Asian Dub Foundation said:
count me in. just last night finally put my quad to good use. 4 cores for now... might strategically borg as i see fit ;)

ACK!

Looks like I might have to break out the ancient 200Mhz Pentium w/MMX! technology.

MMX means it folds good right? :)

LOL

Well I didn't want to do it... but I guess I'll see if the ol' 486 will still boot.

Windows 3.11 FTW. ;)

Asian Dub Foundation said:
alas... im too young to have one of those :cool:

Hehe, my first computer.

Had so few resources I had to use a boot disk to play games on it. :D

My first was a Commodore 64. Still got it... hooked up too. I doesnt turn one much, but every once and a while I will get the urge for some old school gaming. I also have a 486 sitting idle.. If ever Im in the mood for Jetpack or Jill of the Jungle... that comes on.

Was out all day working came home checked my stats and saw that my overclocked Opteron 165 was shitting the bed. Check out all them WU's

4DoorGTZ said:
Was out all day working came home checked my stats and saw that my overclocked Opteron 165 was shitting the bed. Check out all them WU's

ummmm....something is wrong there. I think you should check the log file for problems cuz that just isnt right man :confused:

*nod*, that's definately not right, unless you're doing the world's tiniest WUs, you might be sending back a lot of EARLY_UNIT_ENDs..

My file server was doing that because it was overheating (stupid crappy heatsink) so I took it off of folding duty until I can get a better heatsink.

Ok people...only one day left to get yourself in...We start at the beginning of July 4th so get your badges in here so we can get you in.

I would like to participate in the mvn contest! Im new to the forums but i have been a hardocp reader for over 4 years. I just set up the folding at home console and i have'nt finished a wu so i dont have a badge yet.

Thanks

Back