• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Music and gaming

Niles

n00b
Joined
Feb 2, 2013
Messages
13
Do you think music affects your gaming whether positive or negative? I've noticed some times while listening to my favorite songs I often effortlessly do much better without even really having to focus. Its almost as if my mind already knows what to do when I play and listen. But also some times it doesn't work. I guess it all depends on the situation.
 
I know when the tank music comes on in L4D2 I get very agitated
 
I get mad when playing counter-strike and a player seem oblivious to foot steps behind them, then when they talk i hear loud music...
 
Do you think music affects your gaming whether positive or negative? I've noticed some times while listening to my favorite songs I often effortlessly do much better without even really having to focus. Its almost as if my mind already knows what to do when I play and listen. But also some times it doesn't work. I guess it all depends on the situation.

I used to listen to Fear Factory while I played UT99 Deathmatch. It definitely ups your game.
 
I cant listen to music other than the game music itself. I have tried over the years to do it, however I start getting distracted.
 
The only time I needed additional music other than the game music was WoW (I haven't played it in a long time though). Once you hear the same songs over & over again in an MMO, adding additional music to the mix helps a lot.
 
I don't game with music, often times I'll turn the game's built in music off and listen just to the ambient environment noise.
 
I dont game with music on.

When playing a single player game I usually want to be immersed and not be distracted by any music other than the music that is in the game.

In competitive multiplayer audio feedback is usually too important. For example, foot steps in Counter Strike or Battlefield.

I can only imagine doing this when playing some thing that is kinda boring by itself and you dont need to dedicate all your attention to it. Maybe MMO's or something :)
 
Back
Top