Multiproc rigs from the [H]orde - Greetings from the DC subforum

R-Type

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - October 2011
I was reading some threads over here in the Multiprocessing Systems subforum and was shocked that there is almost no member overlap with our guys from the Distributed Computing subforum. This is surprising as over the last year or so, the prevalence of multi-proc folding rigs has exploded and we have dozens of guys running 2P or higher configs. The difference here of course is that many of us pretty much only know enough to get the rigs up and optimized for folding while seldom utilizing any of the other advanced features that this class of hardware offers. It seems to me there is a pretty big opportunity here for some cross-pollination of knowledge and maybe even a chance for you guys to dabble in folding.

As mentioned in the title, here's a sampling of some of the MP systems that myself and others have built for folding.
-2P G34 Dodeca's overclocked to 3.2ghz/2.4NB
-2P Intel Hex HTPC
-3x4P G34 Dodeca on custom testbench (One of our members makes and sells them)
-4P G34 Dodeca Workstation @2.8ghz
-One of many SR-2 Builds
-4P G34 Dodeca at 3.0ghz
-And many many more.

In any case hopefully some of you will stop by in the DC subforum, I know we'll be dropping in over here.

Also, if anyone wants to give folding a shot on your system, we have an excellent step by step guide here.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1601608

Last edited:
Back