Multiple Wi-Fi Configurations

JoK

Weaksauce
Hi,

on my laptop (Win10), I have set up the WiFi connection to assign specific IP.

Whenever I go to a place with WiFi, I need to change the settings to "automatic" and then, when back home, I have to re-enter all the IP settings again.

Is there a way to have multiple WiFi settings (like the Locations on mac) or install two WiFi adapters and enable/disable them accordingly?

Thanks

Why not setup a DHCP reservation at home? That way you can just leave it automatic all the time.

I use to have a piece of software that would flip a network adapter back and forth between static and automatic.

Needed it for a client that went to an office that required her to use a static IP.

Don't recall what it was, but the solution is out there :)

Why not setup a DHCP reservation at home? That way you can just leave it automatic all the time.
I tried to do this but never managed to make it work.

I can login to the Hub at home and I can change the settings so my laptop gets the same IP always.

But after that, I can't access the internet and I can't even access the hub admin console.

I tried to do this but never managed to make it work.

I can login to the Hub at home and I can change the settings so my laptop gets the same IP always.

But after that, I can't access the internet and I can't even access the hub admin console.

The hub? Have you tried logging in to your router? It's just a matter of linking the MAC address of your network card to a specific IP reservation. Make sure that the manual reservation also contains the correct Gateway and DNS severs also, not just an IP. If you can't access something on the network after having been assigned a manual IP, then are you sure that the manual IP you want is in the same subnet as the other IPs that are being assigned via DHCP?

Back