shipwreck-zombies
n00b
- Joined
- Mar 15, 2010
- Messages
- 26
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Multimedia work; design and illustration, video editing / motion, 3d, web development. I don't have as much time for gaming as I'd like but that's definitely a factor
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Around $1000 but I'm flexible if something is particularly shiny
3) Where do you live?
British Columbia, Canada - I have had great experiences with newegg.ca
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Case, PSU, Motherboard, CPU, RAM, CD/DVD, Maybe mouse and keyboard if something comes highly recommended
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
HIS 5850, WD Black 1TB
6) Will you be overclocking?
Not seriously, no
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
I have three 22" 1920x1080
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Within the week
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
No strict demands, though I would like to experiment with Crossfire at some point
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
Windows 7 64bit
I am thinking:
Case: Corsair 800D
PSU: 850HX
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R
RAM: 8GB G.Skill
I have a hard time discerning between processors, though I imagine i7 is what I'm looking for. I haven't used any fancy heat sinks in the past but I would be stoked to try if one comes recommended.
I rarely use CD/DVD so I guess anything SATA
Thanks for your time
Multimedia work; design and illustration, video editing / motion, 3d, web development. I don't have as much time for gaming as I'd like but that's definitely a factor
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Around $1000 but I'm flexible if something is particularly shiny
3) Where do you live?
British Columbia, Canada - I have had great experiences with newegg.ca
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Case, PSU, Motherboard, CPU, RAM, CD/DVD, Maybe mouse and keyboard if something comes highly recommended
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
HIS 5850, WD Black 1TB
6) Will you be overclocking?
Not seriously, no
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
I have three 22" 1920x1080
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Within the week
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
No strict demands, though I would like to experiment with Crossfire at some point
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
Windows 7 64bit
I am thinking:
Case: Corsair 800D
PSU: 850HX
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R
RAM: 8GB G.Skill
I have a hard time discerning between processors, though I imagine i7 is what I'm looking for. I haven't used any fancy heat sinks in the past but I would be stoked to try if one comes recommended.
I rarely use CD/DVD so I guess anything SATA
Thanks for your time