Multi-GPU Fah Client

Got a 1950xtx and an 1950 crossfire edition shipping on tuesday, can't wait... :D

Edit: looks like you have to have crossfire disabled to do this since you need to have the primary outputs of both cards enabled...oh well, just enable it to play games I guess.

Yea for....nobody.... :p

Not many have 1x card yet alone 2x of these dang cards.

Go get us an SMP client and don't come back until you have one!

7im said:
Mary said you guys knew how to fold without prissy girls like me*, so you're on your own!

(after you spam bomb Mary's account, read the FAQ posted above by kaleb) ;)

*http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1030150693&postcount=21

Today, 7im, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means I don't work, I don't get in a car, I don't fucking ride in a car, I don't pick up the phone, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as shit DON'T FUCKING READ! SHOMER SHABBOS!

^^ anyone have any idea what Viper is on this evening?

Viper87227 said:
Today, 7im, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means I don't work, I don't get in a car, I don't fucking ride in a car, I don't pick up the phone, I don't turn on the over, and I sure as shit DON'T FUCKING READ! SHOMER SHABBOS!
Dude. That burns.

Viper87227 said:
Oh cmon.... nobody?

Where's p[h] when you need him :rolleyes:

Shut the f*ck up Brian! ;)

This is cool news though, maybe its time to further crowbar open the bank account for some new toys. :D

p[H]ant0m said:
Shut the f*ck up Brian! ;)

This is cool news though, maybe its time to further crowbar open the bank account for some new toys. :D

YAY!

ahh, this more crap from the Big Lewboski (sp?)

OK so I'm not up on dual GPU motherboards....

Could I buy an SLI board and throw 2 ATI vid cards in there? Providing I didn't want to play games, just fold. Since it doesn't appear to use CF.

Roman79 said:
OK so I'm not up on dual GPU motherboards....

Could I buy an SLI board and throw 2 ATI vid cards in there? Providing I didn't want to play games, just fold. Since it doesn't appear to use CF.

check motherboard manual for jumper SLI enable/disable

You won't need to "disable" SLI, because you'll never have an SLI option. On the older motherboards, you have a card that lets you choose the PCIe lane configuration, you'll want to choose the x8,x8 config which may actually be marked as SLI on the card.

zim01 said:
"x8,x8"

or x16,x16 ?

Depends on the board, the first nForce4 SLIs they were limited on the amount of PCIe lanes, so you had to configure the two slots x8,x8. On the newer SLI boards, they have full bandwidth x16, x16 lanes. If you go with a 975 board, you'll only get x8,x8.

thanks...will watch out for that..would really kill the GPU client

@ 8x you only loose a few seconds or so frame time.

@ 4x it's a big hit

Mike Houston has a thread on this over at offical forums

It supports a p4 EE 840XE. Doesn't that have two processors and two HT processors?

Back