MTV tests the Revolution

Wow, I'm surprised that Stevieip didn't post this before you did. :D ;)

"What I would want to challenge both current gamers as well as new gamers [with] is, 'What do you want in your experience?' Do you really want to see beads of sweat on the player? Or do you want to play games in a whole new way?" Afterwards, Fils-Aime mentioned that with the controller, survival-horror games might have the player using one controller to point the gun and another as a flashlight to scan the scene. "

THAT would be uber.

Now your rootz. Beyach.

I'm not much for hype, but I honestly give it a good chance for success. I see a better chance of it working and working well, than sucking at all.

I am very excited about it...I believe that it will indeed be part of every gamer's system collection.

It'll be surprising to see how "revolutionary" the controller really is. Right now, the Rev. looks pretty good. We all know it won't have knock-out tech specs, but Nintendo's boxes never do.

I'm all for the new controller and hope it truly makes for some fun games. I'll surely be pickin' one up if the games are good.

the revolution is all about fun...plus it will be cheap so I will grab one. :)

maranello575 said:
It'll be surprising to see how "revolutionary" the controller really is. Right now, the Rev. looks pretty good. We all know it won't have knock-out tech specs, but Nintendo's boxes never do.

Yeah I heard how awful the GC was supposed to be, then I got one along with a bunch of resident evil games and ED sanity's requiem. Looked good enough for me. All the haters could do was whine about pre rendered backgrounds blah blah blah, something that looks good somehow really doesn't bullshit. I think the rev should kick.

Well the Gamecube has some good games, but others suck. But, it's great for the kids. :)

I like it. I play my XBox more, just because I'm into the war games, which are lacking on the GC.

I want to pick up a PS2 for the massive amount of RPG's.

Of course, I don't care about graphics... That's why I'm getting a PS2! (Just playing!)

Oh and another thought that came to mind while I was drooling over the two handed controller Punch Out idea was online play :D Man that would kick so much ass to be able to do the two handed controller AND have a live apponent over the net, ah bliss! Imagine the stress relief!

inotocracy said:
Oh and another thought that came to mind while I was drooling over the two handed controller Punch Out idea was online play :D Man that would kick so much ass to be able to do the two handed controller AND have a live apponent over the net, ah bliss! Imagine the stress relief!

That would be awesome!

I hope Nintendo's online stance changes, similar to the DS. I hope they see that online is a great thing! :D

Unlike Gamecube!

PC said:
That would be awesome!

I hope Nintendo's online stance changes, similar to the DS. I hope they see that online is a great thing! :D

Unlike Gamecube!

the revolution is going to be online.. if you didn't know.. they've said that since the begining.. the DS wifi system is sort of the testing grounds for the revolution online system

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
the revolution is going to be online.. if you didn't know.. they've said that since the begining.. the DS wifi system is sort of the testing grounds for the revolution online system

I didn't know. With that "interactive" controller, it should make a big difference. I think the big thing is going to be online interactivity. i.e.: Punchout with other opponents across the world would be SWEET! :D

Dust

PC said:
I didn't know. With that "interactive" controller, it should make a big difference. I think the big thing is going to be online interactivity. i.e.: Punchout with other opponents across the world would be SWEET! :D

I repeat. Star Wars game + Lightsaber shaped controller "Special Edition" or whatever = Superiority.

Online multiplayer lightsaber deathmatch?

TheAcorn said:
I repeat. Star Wars game + Lightsaber shaped controller "Special Edition" or whatever = Superiority.

If done right, that would be AWESOME!

I think Nintendo has something good. If they do it right. And market it right.

TheAcorn said:

Maybe we'll see the return of the Star Wars Kid. HAR HAR!

My appreciation of MTV has risen. Now, in order to assist the revolution, they need to air a show about the Revolution, like they did with the X360!

KillerMonkey said:
My appreciation of MTV has risen. Now, in order to assist the revolution, they need to air a show about the Revolution, like they did with the X360!

I wouldn't want that, especially if it was as much of a disaster as the X360 MTV special... heh. With Time Magazine, MTV, CNet, etc, taking notice of this controller, I'd say they're doing alright with marketing. The GC is a severely underrated console, btw. Touted by its opponents as the weakest of the 3 current systems, it most certainly has more power than the PS2 and can keep up with the XBox very well. I expect Nintendo to work some effiecient design (again) that can keep up with everyone next gen (again).

Back