MSI RS480M2-IL + cpu temps

hmm...

Weaksauce
I would like to know the temps of ppl who have this board and their cpu and how they monitor their temps in Windows.

Thanks

hmm... said:
I would like to know the temps of ppl who have this board and their cpu and how they monitor their temps in Windows.

Thanks
You don't monitor the temperature from within windows, there is absolutely NO software for that function with that mainboard, only the bios will tell you.

MD

Why is that? I've never heard of a board that had sensors that SOME program wouldn't monitor whether it be SpeedFan, MBM5, or even the MSI Core Center.

MSI's application does not work with that board, one of the guys that visits the same forums as I do purchased that board and had that exact problem...the MSI app didn't work with the board at all...

Someone may come up sith something that does work...best bet is to keep googling for an answer...or contact the guy that makes speedfan, maybe he can figure it out...

MD

Does MSI recognize that problem? It might be worth telling them about it.

I *think Smartguardian recognizes the BIOS values. I have 3 of those boards but the only one next to me at the moment I switched to Windows 2003 Enterprise server for hosting purposes so I don't want to screw with too much non-necessary software. I coulda sworn I had Smartguardian running before I wiped last month though.

lawrence131 said:
I *think Smartguardian recognizes the BIOS values. I have 3 of those boards but the only one next to me at the moment I switched to Windows 2003 Enterprise server for hosting purposes so I don't want to screw with too much non-necessary software. I coulda sworn I had Smartguardian running before I wiped last month though.
Would you mind trying it for everyone and posting the result back here...it could be quite handy since the HTPC guys are quite interested in these boards..

Thanks

MD

Back