MSI R9 290X Lightning - $319 AR + Free games and FS

This beats the prior lowest price Newegg had for it by $10 just a few weeks ago. Must be clearing them out.

Man I want to buy this card so much. I know its a little older tech. I know it sucks down a lot of juice but its just so bad ass!! Itll hang with or beat a GTX 780Ti and GTX 970. Wider memory bus might possibly come in handy in the future too. Absolute top of the line components and cooling and call me crazy but I love the looks of the thing. I want it!! Somebody talk me out of it!!!

Man I want to buy this card so much. I know its a little older tech. I know it sucks down a lot of juice but its just so bad ass!! Itll hang with or beat a GTX 780Ti and GTX 970. Wider memory bus might possibly come in handy in the future too. Absolute top of the line components and cooling and call me crazy but I love the looks of the thing. I want it!! Somebody talk me out of it!!!
Memory bus is just one spec amongst many towards actual performance which is what matters. This is a decent card but it pumps out a huge amount of heat into your office or room, it actually is so much it'll warm the room appreciably when overclocked since it draws so much power.

man this card would be perfect for someone to buy to heat their apartment or small house.

This is the card to get. This price makes the card a no brainer. I have one and chose to keep it even after buying a GTX 980.

Think of these as the graphics card equivalent to a Dodge Challenger.

Tons of horsepower for the money, but not the best on fuel efficiency.

Dodge-Challenger-SRT8-Penzoil-Penske.jpg

IMG_9901.JPG

Same, same!

if it was this price straight up without the rebate, i'd be all over it.

man this card would be perfect for someone to buy to heat their apartment or small house.

This thing runs in the upper 60's while gaming. That's lower than my 670 FTW which hangs around 72C.

I bought a new, sealed in box one on ebay yesterday on ebay for $307 shipped, originally from newegg! That has to be the deal of the year! The seller had it listed for $279 starting price with 2 days left to go on the auction and zero bids. I contacted him to see if he wanted to do a 'buy it now' for that price, and as soon as I checked my email to see the copy of the message, he already replied back saying thanks, but no thanks. It was just to low of an offer. So I messaged him back quickly asking him what price he'd be willing to do for a buy it now, and he said he'd do it for $300. I fricken couldn't believe it. I said absolutely, and that was that! Also he took off $7 of shipping too. He originally had shipping for $14 and he knocked it down to 7, which is crazy in itself seeing how some people on ebay charge the most ridiculous prices to ship even the smallest of things. So yeah, I'm pretty stoked!

This is by far the coolest piece of computer hardware I will have ever bought. I'd been looking into the 290x lightning for a little while, thinking damn I'd really like to have one of those! :) Talk about being in the right place at the right time, eh?

This is likely one of the last hot deal on a new 290x before supply starts drying up and prices rise again. I'd say if you're looking, get while the gettins good.

This thing runs in the upper 60's while gaming. That's lower than my 670 FTW which hangs around 72C.
You dont seem to understand how things work. Using your logic a passive low end 25 watt card that runs at 85C would heat up your room more.

I bit and ordered one (thru the commissioned buying link of course). Been shopping for a couple months now for an upgrade. Now I gotta figure out something new to spend my spare time reading reviews about. LOL!

For the best single-gpu AMD card available $320 is a great price - I have one in my system now and the construction is top notch and it is as solid as a brick literally. The card can be OCed pretty damn high as well :)

it pumps out a huge amount of heat into your office or room, it actually is so much it'll warm the room appreciably when overclocked since it draws so much power.
Actual power usage is about 40-60w higher than a 970. When overclocked its about 100w extra vs a stock 970. Vs a overclocked 970 its closer to 60-70w extra heat. IOW a lightbulb's worth of extra heat vs a 970.

Issue is waaay over blown and is FUD at this point.

GPU temp doesn't matter too much when considering how much heat its dumping into your house. Its TDP that matters.

Back