MSI P6N SLI-FI / Platinum (650i) Thread

Spanki, I love what you've done with the first post. That image of the RAM slots is brilliant. I'd like to help out in someway and it's too late tonight (i've got work at 10am tomorrow, Sunday, ugh) but when I get back tomorrow I plan to scour through the thread and find all the Overclock example posts (like this one) and send 'em over to you, then perhaps you could link to them within the first post in the overclock section?

Thanks.. I just whipped that up after messing with your other image :). I've been thinking about 'annexing' the second post of this thread (it was a simple question from me, answered long ago), so that might be a good spot to paste a list of sample oc settings - if you want to gather some up, that would be great (I'll PM you my email address).

We think you owe it to him to "find the melting point" of his new gear :).
That's pretty much a given...................:eek: Only problem is he still hasn't picked a cooling so;ution for the CPU. I may just through it under a little water just to see what it will do..............:D

Ok peeps , I have a P6N SLI-FI that I will be installing today/tomorrow . I'll be using RAID0 and XP x64 .
My question is ... is anyone else using this board in RAID0 and XP x64 ? Seems there is no "direct" XP x64 RAID driver for a floppy . Looks like I'd have to take the whole Nvidia XP x64 650i driver package and use 7-Zip to extract the driver that that way , but not possitive if this will work (so hence my question) .

My other alternative is to use my Vista x64 as there IS a direct RAID x64 driver for floppy ( for an os install) .However Iam still a little hesitant to use Vista , so I'd prefer not to go that route as of yet ; if only to make sure everything is running fine with the my new C2D setup and that if any problems arise that its not the os (Vista) .

So again .... anyone using the P6N SLI-FI with XP x64 and RAID0 ?

TIA ;)

*edit*

Btw , anyone using the THERMALRIGHT ULTRA-90 on the P6N SLI-FI . Does it clear the NB cooler ?

Lapped my heatsink and cpu today, it didn't make a bit of difference in my temps, they are a little hotter if anything. :mad: I wasn't expecting miracles but at least a couple of degrees would have been nice. Maybe they will come down a wee bit after it "sets up" with some thermal cycles. If anyone out there is thinking about lapping, don't waste your time. :cool:

Wait, did you ever try bumping the memory voltage? It doesn't sound like you did. If you haven't, go back to 280 and then instead of bumping the CPU voltage try bumping the RAM's voltage. You shouldn't have to touch the SB for a long while. If you're not posting at all it could be RAM.

Hey, thanks for the help. I hadn't tried changing the voltage before, I figured the Auto setting had me covered. Well, I tried increading the RAM's voltage manually now from auto up to 2.1, but it didn't make any difference. Couldn´t even boot at 285fsb.

How far should I raise the voltage on RAM labeled for 1.8v?
What else could be going wrong? This is getting very frustrating.

Yeah, I also thought the AUTO had me covered but someone on this forum (one of the very knowledgeable ones) said that the board tends to undervolt the RAM. Still, that's strange, it should post. I mean it could just be the RAM itself. Do you have any other sticks you could try on the mobo? Because that board and RAM has gone higher for others.

Spanki has a list of RAM sticks that have worked successfully with the board. There are two Mushkin's listed but neither seem to match your description. The only DDR2-800 stick is the one below, but I don't think it's yours (could you verify?) because I thought yours was default 1.8v, and the timings seem different:
  • Mushkin eXtreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2-800 4-4-3-10 @1.9v - 2.1v 996523 (Micron D-9, EPP)

So if possible I'd say maybe try different RAM sticks.

Lapped my heatsink and cpu today, it didn't make a bit of difference in my temps, they are a little hotter if anything. :mad: I wasn't expecting miracles but at least a couple of degrees would have been nice. Maybe they will come down a wee bit after it "sets up" with some thermal cycles. If anyone out there is thinking about lapping, don't waste your time. :cool:

Lapping all depends on how bad the IHS and base of the cooler were in the first place........:D I haven't lapped MY C2D as it's making great contact with my water block, but I have lapped several AMD A64's in the past with great results, the best being a 5C improvment in load temps. Before you start lapping anything, always check the flatness of the surface before you begin, you may end up wasting your time and risk damaging your CPU for nothing.

Ok guys, first off, thanks for such a great thread!! :)

Just got my rig all setup and used a lot of the great information posted here to get my box where I wanted.
I figured I toss up some info and hopefully it will help someone out as much as other have helped out here
Im not an expert, so please correct anything I say or do wrong, just hope to help out

Heres the parts:

Antec P182SE case
Intel e6600 processor
MSI P6N Platinum
2 GB Crucial Ballistix tracer DDR2 PC-8000 memory
EVGA 8800 GTS 640 MB vid card
X-Fi extreme gamer fatal1ty edition
2X250 gb HD in raid stripe
Corsair 620hx modular psu
Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme cooler
Scythe S-flex/Vantec Stealth fans

First, for memory compatability, definitely add this Crucial Ballistix kit:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820148047
Part No: BL2KIT12864AL1005
Capacity 2GB (2 x 1GB)
Speed DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000)
Cas Latency 5
Timing 5-5-5-15
Voltage 2.2V
Heat Spreader Yes

This stuff is awesome, I was able to clock this stuff all over the place,and has pretty lights to boot

Heres a pic of the board in the case all setup ,(still working on the cable dressing ;) ) :

click pics for bigger images

There were a bunch of questions in this thread about if the Thermalright Ultra 120 and 120 extreme would fit.
Well the extreme definitely does, and the standard version is the same size. Heres a couple of close-ups:

Just a few cm's space left at the top of the case:

back side near heat spreader:

underside near northbridge:

The only problem I had was when I attached the fan to the heatsink and the fan clips were touching the added NB fan (the one that comes with the P6N platinum board) and pretty much it either made a loud noise or stopped it all together.
I had to bend the clip towards me so that it would not touch and that fixed the issue. (circled the spot in the pic below)

I would say the Thermalright ultra 120 Extreme fits the P6N Platinum perfectly, and is keeping this rig amazingly cool.
At all stock settingsit was idling at ~ 20c with the fan attached.

prior to that 20c, I flipped the top fan of the P182 case so that it is blowing air down on the HS since it is so close to it. This actually dropped case temps by 2-4c

Next on to Overclocking:

First. a tip, if you are using RAID, dont forget that if you reset your cmos, it wipes out the ATA setting for raid and you have to re-set it up or you will be staring at a blinking cursor after the bios exits ;)
also, i have to say the cmos reset button is a life saver, i wish they had those years ago

I tinkered around for awhile and was eventually able to hit 3.7+ GHZ, but it really wasnt stable, and im not quite adventurous enough to pump my voltages to the max

Left the multiplier at 9 for all attempts, its the default for the 6600

also, all OCs use settings suggested from 1st page of this thread (ie. Disable C1E)

I tried many configs in between the below, with an array of different voltage settings, these are what my e6600 needed to get there:

to get 373 FSB or 3357mhz, i had to
set system clock mode to manual
set FSB clock to 1492
set memory clock to 800
set memory timings to auto (ended up 4-4-4-12 manual)
set CPU voltage to .0375 (so total volt plus stock volt was 1.3125)
set memory voltage to 2.1v
set nb voltage to 1.4v
left everything else the same
multiple hours of orthos no probs, system temps 25c @ idle, 43c @ load

to get 420 fsb or 3780mhz i had to
set system clock to manual
set FSB clock to 1680
set memory clock to 840
mem auto (ended up 5-5-5-18 manual)
cpu volts .2750 to end up at 1.55 total
mem volts 2.2
nb 1.5
sb 1.5
this wouldnt pass a few mins of orthos and i didnt want to push the cpu volts

to get 400 fsb or 3600mhz i had to
set FSB clock to 1600
set memory clock to 800
set the other settings the same as above from the 420fsb OC and it got through about 30 mins of balanced orthos before crash. system temps 33c idle, 60c load

hit 10k+ 3dmark @ 399fsb (3dmark was about 100 points difference from 399 fsb to 384):

decided to try somewhere in between the high and low and after multiple tries with all sorts of settings ended up here:

(current settings)
to get 384 fsb or 3456 mhz i had to
set system clock manual
set FSB clock to 1536
set memory clock to 800
mem manual 3-3-3-9
cpu volts .1500 to end up at 1.45 total
mem volts 2.2
nb 1.4
sb 1.5
system passes multi hours of orthos blended. idle temp 29c load temp 47c

after i was wable to maintain stability at different speeds,started changing the memory timings and testing them too
the crucial kit was able to do 4-4-4-12 @ 800 2.1 v, the rated 5-5-5-15 2.2 v, and easily where I have it now 3-3-3-9 @800 2.2v

pic from this morning, the test ended up hitting 3hrs 45 mins before i stopped it:

probably going to scale back to the 3.3ghz range for the lower temps and voltages, looks like its the 6600's "sweet spot"

overall this is a great board, I came from an MSI K8N Neo Platinum and was very happy with that one. The P6N looks to keep that happy streak going :)

I just wish all hardware components I own had as good of a support thread as this one :D

Wow! :eek: That's awesome D_N_G. I'm so glad you were able to utilize this thread and it seems like you've got a real sweet setup. Welcome to the thread, I'm sure you'll be a great help to noobies like me whenever we get stumped ;-)

Especially thanks for those wonderful picks of the heatsink and how well it fits onto the motherboard (you've even captured that NB fan situation!). I'm sure when Spanki has the time he'll update the main page (first post) with the appropriate information.

Finally, I'm going to buy that RAM. It looks like a very good investment. Thanks!

thanks, ive been visiting every day for a month in preparation on my build, hope i can help out some more :)
i couldnt pass up the ram at 219 after rebates it was a no brainer for some guaranteed D9 1000mhz chips, hope you enjoy them as much as i am

i do have a question, maybe someone can help me with, the NB add on fan from the P6N platinum version is extremely noisy, and i wanted to slow it down

however in dual core center, i only get the option to change the speed on the CPU fan, the NB fan has a setting too, but its greyed out and mine actually shows up as system 1 (that was the closest fan plug on the mobo) and that doesnt have a speed selection:

did i miss a bios setting or perhaps plug it in the wrong place? or is there a way to change the speed through software? or know of a quieter solution that would fit with the same dimensions?

fanspeeds.jpg

aslo the NB temp isnt showing up on the temp page, anyway to fix that?

also forgot one more thing from the big post. the corsair 620hx cpu power tail, would not reach if you dressed it through the back of the case behind the mobo and back down, it was about 2 inches too short. had to run it up under the vid card to get there from the bottom, and it was really my only complaint from the whole setup.
(of course this will only help you if you have a corsair 520/620, an MSI P6N and an antec P182 :p )

did i miss a bios setting or perhaps plug it in the wrong place? or is there a way to change the speed through software? or know of a quieter solution that would fit with the same dimensions?

Only way to slow it down is to get a fan speed controller or do the 7 volt mod (hook the black wire to the red wires on a 4 pin plug & hook the red wire to the yellow wire on the plug. That'll make it slow enough to be quiet & still enough power to start it up.

Just got my rig all setup and used a lot of the great information posted here to get my box where I wanted.
I figured I toss up some info and hopefully it will help someone out as much as other have helped out here
Im not an expert, so please correct anything I say or do wrong, just hope to help out

... S N I P ...
Lots-o-neat-pics-n-stuff-here
... S N I P ...​

overall this is a great board, I came from an MSI K8N Neo Platinum and was very happy with that one. The P6N looks to keep that happy streak going :)

I just wish all hardware components I own had as good of a support thread as this one :D

Great post D_N_G - thanks for de-lurking :). I've added your memory and HSF info to the front page - thanks!.

Speaking of the heatsink installation... did you happen to notice how that back-plate interracted with the small circuitry on the underside of the CPU area?

i do have a question, maybe someone can help me with, the NB add on fan from the P6N platinum version is extremely noisy, and i wanted to slow it down...

...or know of a quieter solution that would fit with the same dimensions?

I looked around some to see what other fans might be available, so this post might be of interest.

Heres the parts:

Antec P182SE case
Intel e6600 processor
MSI P6N Platinum
2 GB Crucial Ballistix tracer DDR2 PC-8000 memory
EVGA 8800 GTS 640 MB vid card
X-Fi extreme gamer fatal1ty edition
2X250 gb HD in raid stripe
Corsair 620hx modular psu
Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme cooler
Scythe S-flex/Vantec Stealth fans

Awesome dude!! That's great info, and a FINE looking build. Wish I had a 6600. Thanks for clearing that up about the Thermalright. Sometimes you just gotta go ahead and try something...it can always be returned.

Hey a couple thoughts...I think its recommended that Orthos be able to run at least 8 hrs sans crash (some say 24) to make sure stable. Still, I'm sure you're fine, just throwin it out there. Also, do you still have Dual Core Center installed? I think its been known to cause instability on some folks' systems...kind of ironic, huh? :p Who knows, you may be able to up your clock w/o it, ha ha.

Had a lockup of sorts while watching a music DVD last PM. Not sure waht it was, but decided to back off my OC a little, down to 400FSB. At 2.8gHz, its plenty fast and I sleep a little better at night. Also a spot or two cooler, although temps weren't an issue before. Just no need to kill this thing. Dropped memory voltage to 2.0v with seemingly no issues, but left CPU at 1.35v. Maybe I could drop that a bit as well. I think 430FSB is enough to satisfy my curiosity about this mobo/proc. I consider the experiement a success.:cool:

I looked around some to see what other fans might be available, so this post might be of interest.

thanks for the links! i stopped by fry's on the way home to look for one of these but they didnt carry any of them, they only had a 27db generic brand.

however i did find the last one of these:

zalman fanmate 2

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118217

it works perfectly, i turned the fan down to ~5000rpm and its now very quiet, cant tell its on with the case shut

pros:

fits a single 3 pin fan, exactly what I needed

didnt have to take apart the existing fan/chasis or worry about measurements for the replacement fan

cons:

it wont turn the fan all the way off, lowest speed is 3800rpm

now have an extra cable that is really hard to dress (only a con if you are in to aesthetics)

Anyone suggest an alternative to Coretemp? Everytime I try to open it it reboots my machine.. no idea why. :rolleyes:

Anyone suggest an alternative to Coretemp? Everytime I try to open it it reboots my machine.. no idea why. :rolleyes:

you can try intel's Thermal Analysis Tool (TAT)
another one that has temps is Speedfan

Hi, I have just recently bought a MSI P6N SLI-FI, a Core 2 Duo 6320, and A-DATA DDR2 800 2GB Dual Channel Kit(2x1GB)

I'm somewhat new to this over clocking thing however I have been building machines for quite some time(first built pentium 166). I am interested in seeing how much I can squeeze out of this new machine without blowing it up, just something moderate.

My first hurdle however is getting my memory timings right; the menu in the BIOS for this is quite confusing with its abbreviations. I was hoping someone can help me with settings these and maybe a moderate overclock from my 6320's stock 1.86 to maybe ~2.

According to the egg and A-DATA's website the memory is 1.8V 5-5-5-18
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211066

I also notice usama_ah has a very similar set of memory to me however in the 512 flavor. I also noticed he had a problem similar to mine with reboots. I noticed he had to switch the slots which I'm going to try this evening when I get home. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Also usama_ah I'd love to hear what timings you have set for your memory.

Thanks again.

Hey wondergod! Yup, i think we have cousins in terms of memory sticks. Don't worry about matching your memory to the default 5-5-5-18. For now leave the entire thing on AUTO. The only reason I switched my sticks to DIMMs 3 & 4 are because for DIMMs 1 & 2 I was getting errors (random restarts, freezes) before any overclocking. I ran a memory test software (memtest) and errors would consistently come up. After I switched to DIMMs 3 & 4 I had no errors, suggesting that running dual-channel on DIMMs 1 & 2 wasn't possible on my particular borad.

anyway, if you want to overclock, before you post any questions, I'd say do a bit of reading (that way when we start answreing your questions we won't need to start from the basics). the place you need to start is the first post on this thread, under the overclocking section. Review what's written there and look over the links w/ sample overclocks and then try them yourself and when you've had practice with a few overclocks we can begin helping you (if you need it) with specific speeds. However, if you can't even get simple overclocks then we can help you there too.

I have read many "howtos" on how to overclock, including the OP. By default the memory timing for my memory seems to be fine per cpu-z. My problem is when I try any simple tweak for FSB or memory timings my machine restarts. I have verified with core-temp I'm not even hitting close to a high temp, I have a beast of a heatsink/fan. Only reason I wanted to know your timings was because with the "Auto" ones I'm fine but as soon as I jump the FSB up even a little my machine restarts. I have tried the simple tweaks and anything I do bam I restart within 15 seconds of booting into windows. I also checked the voltages in the BIOS to make sure my power supply wasn't slipping but it seems to be fine.

I really just wanted to know how your setup looked so I can try something "similar" although it'd be different because I have a different processor.

My sig has my setup but the memory's still on AUTO, I didn't set that manually. You know you should first run memtest and check and make sure there aren't any memory issues in the way. You can download memtest here, just hit "start" and try not to run anything else. Report back to us if you can, especially if you have errors under 100%. Let the program run for a few hours (it'll go past 100%, that's fine). If you have errors before 100% then there's a serious issue. If after, there's still an issue though not as serious.

Hi, I'm new to overclocking and very concerned about my temperatures. I'm running with the stock HSF on my e6300. My CM case only has one 80mm intake fan and one 120mm exhaust fan. I'm attaching temp readings at idle and for a 10 min TAT workload test. Currently overclocked at 2.6ghz, FSB clock set to 1500, without any adjustments to voltage or manual timings (memory on auto) afraid to mess with those at this time. I followed the guidelines on first page about disabling parameters for this board. My sig has my setup for this machine.

click to view larger image

My machine is used for photo editing (photoshop, lightroom, capture NX, etc.) and some video. I wanted to build an upgrade over my old P4 machine as it was taking forever to process 1000's of photos. Trying to increase my productivity!

Am I pushing/over my limits with these thermal readings? Would someone have any idea for case modification for better cooling or airflow?

Thanks for any advice/suggestions. Great forum with lots of great info!

From what I understand, most Core2Duo chips in the e6x00 series the Intel stated max is 65C, so to be safe you'd want to be at least 5C below that (60C), and to be super safe you'd want to be 10C below that. Still there are people who run their chips at 65C, it doesn't immediately damage the chip, it simply shortens their lifespan. Your image with one core at 67C is something that should be addressed. It's hard to say what you could do with your case without any pictures of it. Could you post some pictures of it?

Hi, I'm new to overclocking and very concerned about my temperatures. I'm running with the stock HSF on my e6300. ...

CoreTemp 0.95 and TAT both report the wrong temperature for some (all?) L2 stepping E6300 and E6400 cpus. Speedfan 4.32 should be correct, but you can also go find CoreTemp Beta 0.94 to get the correct temperatures.

(click for full-sized image)​

EDIT: After looking at your image again, I see that CoreTemp is actually showing 85C for Tjunction, which is correct... so those probably are reporting correctly on your (B2 stepping) cpu - sorry for the confusion.

CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (*1)
CPU PSN : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz
Core : Conroe (65 nm) / Revision : B2
CPUID : 6.F.6 / Extended : 6.F
Freq : 3599.93 MHz (399.99 * 9)
RAM Size : 2048 MB
RAM Freq : 400 MHz
RAM Type : DDR2-SDRAM Dual Channel
RAM Ratio : 1:1
RAM Timings : 5-5-5-15

Temperatures:
idle - 40-43'C
load - was not stable for orthos, did boot to windows to verify cpu-z

CPU Feature:
# Execute Bit - Enabled
# C1E - Disabled (F4)

Chipset Feature:
# HPET - Enabled

Cell Menu:
# D.O.T Control - Disabled
# EIST - Disabled
# Spread Spectrum Settings - (all disabled)
# System Clock Mode - Manual
# FSB Clock: 1600mhz
# Mem Clock: 800mhz
# CPU multiplier: 9

# CPU voltage 1.45v (+.175)
# NB voltage 1.45v
# SB voltage 1.5v stock
# FSB VTT 4%
# memory voltage 2.3v

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=192647

Antec P180B Black Advanced ATX Mid Tower Case (Model#: P180B)
Enermax Liberty 500 Watt Black (ELT500AWT) Power Supply (Model#: ELT500AWT-00)
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M Cache LGA775 Processor (Model#: BX80557E6600)
Artic Cooling Freezer Pro 7
OCZ 2GB DDR2 PC2-8500 SLI-Ready Edition Dual Channel Memory (Model#: OCZ2N1066SR2GK)
MSI P6N SLI-FI nForce 650i SLI ATX LGA775 Motherboard (Model#: MS-7350-010) (stock cooling)
EVGA GeForce 8800GTS 320MB PCIe x16 w/ HDCP Video Card (stock cooling)

CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (*1)
CPU PSN : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz
Core : Conroe (65 nm) / Revision : B2
CPUID : 6.F.6 / Extended : 6.F
Freq : 3599.93 MHz (399.99 * 9)
RAM Size : 2048 MB
RAM Freq : 400 MHz
RAM Type : DDR2-SDRAM Dual Channel
RAM Ratio : 1:1
RAM Timings : 5-5-5-15

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=192647

Antec P180B Black Advanced ATX Mid Tower Case (Model#: P180B)
Enermax Liberty 500 Watt Black (ELT500AWT) Power Supply (Model#: ELT500AWT-00)
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M Cache LGA775 Processor (Model#: BX80557E6600)
Artic Cooling Freezer Pro 7
OCZ 2GB DDR2 PC2-8500 SLI-Ready Edition Dual Channel Memory (Model#: OCZ2N1066SR2GK)
MSI P6N SLI-FI nForce 650i SLI ATX LGA775 Motherboard (Model#: MS-7350-010) (stock cooling)
EVGA GeForce 8800GTS 320MB PCIe x16 w/ HDCP Video Card (stock cooling)

Very nice! How are load temps?

revised, would not run orthos so i can't confirm load temps, but at 3.4Ghz, the load temps were 60-63'C, orthos stable with same settings as above with 1513 FSB

i was literally in shock considering that this is an SLI-FI board and not a Platinum board, backed it down, now running 3.150Ghz (1400 FSB) and only 55'C under load in gaming...

Apparently, there's a new Beta BIOS for the Platinum... I have no idea what changes were made and I have not flashed this one myself, but I did download it directly from MSI (and then zipped it, just to make it more download friendly).

I'm simply providing it here as a convieniance, so as usual - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK...

A7350NMS-131.zip

Apparently, there's a new Beta BIOS for the Platinum... I have no idea what changes were made and I have not flashed this one myself, but I did download it directly from MSI (and then zipped it, just to make it more download friendly).

I'm simply providing it here as a convieniance, so as usual - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK...

A7350NMS-131.zip

SWEET!

New BIOSes are like candy to me!

I'm gonna flash it now *crosses fingers*

<EDIT>

Advanced BIOS Settings -> CPU Features -> C1E is hidden again - you have to press F4 to unhide the toggle.
Hardware Monitoring menu may have changed some, I don't remember it looking that way before but I'm not sure. It's early and I just woke up :p

</EDIT>

Hi, I'm new to overclocking and very concerned about my temperatures. I'm running with the stock HSF on my e6300. My CM case only has one 80mm intake fan and one 120mm exhaust fan. I'm attaching temp readings at idle and for a 10 min TAT workload test. Currently overclocked at 2.6ghz, FSB clock set to 1500, without any adjustments to voltage or manual timings (memory on auto) afraid to mess with those at this time. I followed the guidelines on first page about disabling parameters for this board. My sig has my setup for this machine.

My machine is used for photo editing (photoshop, lightroom, capture NX, etc.) and some video. I wanted to build an upgrade over my old P4 machine as it was taking forever to process 1000's of photos. Trying to increase my productivity!

Am I pushing/over my limits with these thermal readings? Would someone have any idea for case modification for better cooling or airflow?

Thanks for any advice/suggestions. Great forum with lots of great info!

Those temps are too high, photoman, especially with stock voltage. You're idling in the 40s and hitting 68C on full load after just 10 inutes? An aftermarket HSF with AS5 (properly applied) would be a VERY good idea. More case airflow can make a big difference also. I initially thought you were a victim of the TAT/CoreTemp 0.95 Tjunction error, as Spanki said, but yours is reading 85C as it should. You've really got to look into airflow and an aftermarket HSF, IMO, especially with your video work. That pushes a CPU. Well worth the small extra expense if it saves your processor. I wouldn't even think about adding voltage til you get temps straightened out.

I was a little confused - CPU-Z in your first pic shows a 6 multiplier - which tells me you haven't disabled EIST - correct? Spanki describes how to disable that in the first post - hit F4 in one of the BIOS submenus, can't remember exact wording - its been a while. But that's totally secondary - your are appropriately concerned about those temps. What are your ambient (room) temps? What exact case do you have?

Let us know how it goes...

*edit - never mind, CPU-Z must just be acting wierd. I do see that you're at 2.6gHz based on TAT readings.

A7350NMS-131.zip

Anybody have a clue as to what the revisions entail from the 1.0 to the 1.1 to the 1.22b, to now the 1.31 versions of the bios? :confused:

I didn't see much difference in performance/use between these- only the layout (whether the function was hidden or came disabled, etc.). [For that matter, I didn't see any difference in actual performance in the P06 bios either, only what was disabled from the get-go].

I don't see anything out from MSI as to what is getting fixed (normally a revision history is available from the other manufacturer's bios list)..........

I am running the 1.22b bios now but still don't have the wake on any key-keyboard functioning from the bios, and my memory won't set in manual-- only stays Linked.

2.1 BIOS is out for the SLI-FI

http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=bios&maincat_no=1&prod_no=1141

Not many fixes but its a good thing they updated it anyway

- Update CPU Micro code.
- Fixed system cannot resume from suspend by keyboard under DOS mode.
- Fixed system lose audio 5.1 channels after resume from S3.

Grr...now I gotta get my flash drive bootable to install it

That BIOS has been available for quite some time now.. around the beginning of April I think. :)

So how did you get the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme mounted if there are some components on the bottom of the board under the CPU socket (that we have yet to see a single picture of) that people are reporting interfere with backplates like the Ultra 120 uses to mount itself on the board?

So how did you get the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme mounted if there are some components on the bottom of the board under the CPU socket (that we have yet to see a single picture of) that people are reporting interfere with backplates like the Ultra 120 uses to mount itself on the board?

I'd like some clarification on that as well... I asked D_N_G that, but he hasn't responded yet (he might have missed it). It's posible that this particular backplate design avoids the area where the little components are.

Back