MSI On Display @ Computex 2012

Some Mini-ITX boards is nice, though from what I can see MSI doesn't seem to have anything special with its Z77 ITX board...especially the back I/O ports...I see a standard line-in/out and mic audio ports, which is a bummer considering the Asrock Z77 ITX board has full 5.1/7.1 audio ports PLUS optical.

VGA output and seemingly few USB boards (Asrock has HDMI, DVI, and DP outputs plus 4 x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 2.0, and eSATA ports on the back) makes their offering overall a shame...no reason to have crappy selection/number of ports like this.

Also pretty bad considering I'm sure none of the other features will be BETTER than Asrocks and Asus' current offerings (ports, build quality, overclocking) which just begs the question...who would chose MSI's product over far superior products in the same price range?

Whew...sorry for that one...

I am using the Asrock Z77 itx and it is a great board. I agree the MSI isn't offering much compared to it or the Asus one. If it is in the same price range, 150 - 200, then there will be no reason to choose it over the competition. If they manage to offer a Z77 itx board under 100 then there may be a market for them.

Would love to see MSI move away from their blue color scheme. At first glance, it looks like an Asus board, though, slightly different blues. However, myself and others still compare these to Asus boards for the look but not the features and because of this, they get passed up / over for consideration.

They need to find a color scheme to differentiate themselves in the market and without of course adding features to their mid-level boards as to not raise prices. Something they don't want to do, somehow find a way to hype their boards with some creative marketing.

They have the Big Bang boards and maybe 1 or 2 other high-end boards but to someone that buys a lot of motherboards, on average 20+ a year, I continue to pass MSI up for the above reasons.

I'm interested in the AMD ITX board for a new HTPC build. The AMD HD700 support with a Series-A6 would do nicely.

Kinda funny when people think "military grade" means something is good.

Not sure what your getting at with this comment in general, I will say that millitary grade doesn't necessarily mean good, however it does mean better than standard components as the millitary grade stuff is meant to withstand more and work in harsher environments and last longer. Although that doesn't necessarily mean "something is good" it is a bullet point worth mentioning as the components are built better and cost the manufacturer a little more to include.

love msi!

excited about this product lineup, and the x79 mpower board with 10 satas it looks like

Back