• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

MSI 655max-FISR NEED HELP!!!

The Game

n00b
Joined
Jan 30, 2005
Messages
20
System Spec's

Intel P4 1.6Ghz 400FSB 478pin Northwood
MSI 655Max-FISR Mobo - New
ATI Readeon 9500 Pro AGP 4x (1.5v) - Used from old system checks good
2x256 Corsair XMS DDR333 - Used from old systems check good
Maxtor 120Gb PATA - New
Antec 400w Smartpower - New
Lite-On cdrw drive - Used from old system checks good

I was able to get this system to boot an install Window XP Pro, all device drivers,upgrade to service pack 1, install norton, office 2003 pro, and Spy sweeper. During the install of the software the system would occasionally not post after rebooting But now the system will not post at all, the diagnostic LEDs all light up green an no VGA display. I tried a diffrent video card but no change, tried moving the ram to diffrent dimm slots no change, unplugged all drives both power an IDE cables though maybe somthing was shorting out still no change. I NEED SOME IDEAS TO WHAT MAY BE WRONG OR AM OVER LOOKING....PLEASE :( :mad:
 
Did you make any changes to the BIOS (like OCing)? Did you clear CMOS?
 
What do the diagnostic lights lighting up green mean? I'm assuming you're talking about the d-bracket thing MSI uses (I didn't get one with my new MSI board...*grumble*...and I don't remember what it means without looking for my manual :) ).
 
Yes the d-bracket all four LEDs green mean OS Booted.

I pulled the mobo out of the case i believe this is my problem it is shorting out on the case some here. :rolleyes: So far I have rebooted 8 times it posted an loaded Windows with it laying on some cardboard. I will look into some ideas to isolate it from shorting out on the case. :D

Thanks for the help everybody. :)
 
Back
Top