MSE V2 on Server 2008r2?

TechLarry

RIP [H] Brother - June 1, 2022
I'm being told that the new MSE V2.0 will install and run fine on Server 2008.

Has anyone here done it?

Apparently, even if you workstation it, it will not install.

However, a [H] member a few days ago claimed it would install and work... look for MSE V2 threads out there.

I run ClamWin on my Server 2k8

I be interested in MSE working though... I don't mind ClamWin, works, but I run MSE on all my systems but the Server

Still working perfectly, here. Installed and updated requiring a reboot, but that's about it.

mseR2.png

Last edited:
Ok, it just installed and rebooted. Next, I'll try it on Vail :)

Kinda cool, I wish Forefront could be installed on 64 bit servers.

Will this have any adverse effects on a server box since its not optimized to be a "server AV" product? I know Anti-Virus vendors try hard to sell server versions of there AV products.

Will this have any adverse effects on a server box since its not optimized to be a "server AV" product? I know Anti-Virus vendors try hard to sell server versions of there AV products.

This depends on the services that the server is hosting. You'll probably want to use the excluded files processes and excluded files & locations to fine tune the performance on the boxes.

At work we have a bunch of exclusions for servers depending on their role, excluding some application directories to improve application performance and then running scheduled scans on the excluded directories in off hours.

Normal server tunning applies here.

Ok, MSE 2 installed fine on Server 2008 R2, but it won't install under Vail, stating it's not a supported OS.

Which is odd, since Vail is also based on Server 2008 R2.

Back