Moving Raid to New Motherboard Problems

RiZZo0

Gawd
Hey guys I have a big problem right now with my Raptor 150GB Raid setup. Basically I had both of these raptors in a Raid 0 on my EVGA 780i board. I used the onboard raid controller and didn't have any of those dedicated cards.

Well the problem is that I left the Raptors in a raid and totally forgot to backup the data. I eventually sold the board and ended up with an Asus Maximus Forumla SE board. Now i haven't hooked up the raptors to the new board yet because I figured there would be no purpose and my old raid setup from the 780i board wouldn't easily transfer over to the Asus.

Now besides buying another 780i board just to backup my data..is there any other route I could go to hooking up my raid setup temporarily long enough just to backup my data and then wipe them clean so I can use them on my new Asus board? Thank you so much for the help guys.

Short of buying the same mobo, I'm not sure of any software that could do it. Though some other users might have some insight/experience on this.

Now besides buying another 780i board just to backup my data..is there any other route I could go to hooking up my raid setup temporarily long enough just to backup my data
Nope.

Awww man thats what I figured. I didnt know if there was some other magical route I could go seeing as how i dont have too much experience with raids. Only been messing with them for a short while.

Well if anyone can think of anything else before i pull the trigger on ordering another 780i board, that would be really great! :(

Well if anyone can think of anything else before i pull the trigger on ordering another 780i board, that would be really great! :(

Ive got an idea, go to frys or wherever and buy a 780i, plug in your raptors boot up, backup your data.

Take the board back and come out with some exuse why you dont want it.

Refund

;)

Ive got an idea, go to frys or wherever and buy a 780i, plug in your raptors boot up, backup your data.

Take the board back and come out with some exuse why you dont want it.

Refund

;)

I'm sure that was the plan.

My thought is, if he's gonna continue with RAID, will he have enough moxy to move it to a seperate card so this doesn't happen again?

I'm sure that was the plan.

My thought is, if he's gonna continue with RAID, will he have enough moxy to move it to a seperate card so this doesn't happen again?

There is no need for a seperate card for raid 0.

There is no need for a seperate card for raid 0.
Soo, all RAID 0 configurations can be moved regardless of the initial drivers or number of discs?

Soo, all RAID 0 configurations can be moved regardless of the initial drivers or number of discs?

Raid 0 isnt intened for long term data storage. Its not like its a 10tb array or anything, raid 0 is for fast access disk spanning.

To move a raid 0 just back it up, becuase most people will have their os and software only on that array so a move to a new motherboard would render the array useless anyway because you would have to re install windows regardless of the controller.

To move a raid 0 just back it up,
That's exactly what he didn't do, and he's asking how to fix it.

most people will have their os and software only on that array so a move to a new motherboard would render the array useless anyway because you would have to re install windows regardless of the controller.
I guess he is most people, but AFAIK, had he done his RAID 0 on a seperate card, he could have moved the card with the array, and had no problem.

Yes but his new motherboard would not work with his current windows installation anyway, so he would have to reformat.

ha ha ha. I just went through the same thing. I sold him the Asus. Waves. He sold or we traded boards. But luckily I still have my old system. So now I am looking for new HD's. :(

Back