I'm curious as to what gamers think has the potential for higher degrees of control.
My opinion is that the mouse has more potential for control because of the anatomical differences between the thumbs, which typically govern the controller and the wrist, which governs the mouse. I'm not a orthopedic surgeon but it seems to me that your wrist has a higher degree of control than your thumbs because there are more muscles that one can exert.
Muscles DO help with control. Which is easier for you to lift with, and control what you are lifting....your pinky or your hand. I would think the higher the range of motion and larger the ability to exert pressure would translate to a higher degree of control.
What do you guys think? The reason I ask is I got into an intellectual "dialogue" with my friend, who said there was no real difference between the two. But I see as the thumb controlling that tiny target reticule, even with sensitivity adjusted, will never be as refined, and in the end, as accurate as the mouse. Although this is all speculation and the disparity between the two is probably very small. I'm curious though.
My opinion is that the mouse has more potential for control because of the anatomical differences between the thumbs, which typically govern the controller and the wrist, which governs the mouse. I'm not a orthopedic surgeon but it seems to me that your wrist has a higher degree of control than your thumbs because there are more muscles that one can exert.
Muscles DO help with control. Which is easier for you to lift with, and control what you are lifting....your pinky or your hand. I would think the higher the range of motion and larger the ability to exert pressure would translate to a higher degree of control.
What do you guys think? The reason I ask is I got into an intellectual "dialogue" with my friend, who said there was no real difference between the two. But I see as the thumb controlling that tiny target reticule, even with sensitivity adjusted, will never be as refined, and in the end, as accurate as the mouse. Although this is all speculation and the disparity between the two is probably very small. I'm curious though.